What purpose does it serve?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the problem is that some men do NOT know what loving their wives as Christ loves the church means... Cases of abuse of Christian men towards their wives is a prevalent phenomenon I believe.
That is so absolutely true Addy.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the problem is that some men do NOT know what loving their wives as Christ loves the church means... Cases of abuse of Christian men towards their wives is a prevalent phenomenon I believe.

I think the problem is that some women do NOT know what respecting and submitting to their husbands means... Cases of abuse of Christian men by their wives is a prevalent phenomenon I believe.

Most people don't get abusive when you do what they want. See arrest by police with and without being resisted.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is so awful, any man that even verbally abuses his wife, let alone physical harm, cannot identify as a Christian. You said it! As Christ loves the Church, so we are to love our wives!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the problem is that some women do NOT know what respecting and submitting to their husbands means... Cases of abuse of Christian men by their wives is a prevalent phenomenon I believe.
Not sure what your game is here of reversing what I stated... but abuse on all fronts is wrong.
I think the issue of abuse is serious.

Reactions: Pearl

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is so awful, any man that even verbally abuses his wife, let alone physical harm, cannot identify as a Christian. You said it! As Christ loves the Church, so we are to love our wives!
It's a HUGE calling... it comes with much responsibility... and it takes a man's complete comittment to follow through with success.
There is a program that I listen to daily on Christian radio... Focus on the Family... I love it... it is a wonderful program that covers marriage... and family.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the problem is that some women do NOT know what respecting and submitting to their husbands means... .

Oh dear @Wrangler, it seems you have a wrong attitude. I agree that some women may not but then again the man has to earn that respect. If a woman is loved and respected and knows she's loved and respected there shouldn't be a problem. Too many Christian men seem to be too heavy handed when dealing with women, who are also made in God's image. Some might even say woman is the peak of creation since she was created last, but I doubt anybody on here will agree to that.

Reactions: Addy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian we should not be supporting these acts but we should be supporting the people who practice them. People who are not born again of the Spirit are living in sin anyway and they are free to make the choices that suit their own purposes. It's a question of Hate the sin but love the sinner. The scriptures tell us that Jesus didn't come to condemn the world so we shouldn't either. And we are also warned not to judge others.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Matthew 7:1-3
‘Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way as you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
‘Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

We do not have to judge them....they are already judged....
1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

The question is, what do we tolerate?
Do we get rid of law enforcement and let them burn our cites...loot and steal...rape...murder....live and let live and do not judge or take action? We have an organized institution that murdering 600.000 babies a year...what is that 1643 babies a day! That is a massacre of innocents. What do we tolerate? What does God think of us tolerating such a thing? Should we empty the prisons? Poor souls....they were judged! LOL

You can't judge someone to hell, but you can certainly judge their actions and take a stand against sin, take action against sin. Stand against sin politically... stand against sin socially...stand against sin religiously. What is the alternative?

As a Christian we should not be supporting these acts but we should be supporting the people who practice them....really!!! Absolutely wrong!!....You can't kill an abortion doctor...we have seen what happens...it is the worst possible crime in this country because abortion is food for Satan's palette. But a daily thrashing! I will vote for that. Stop killing babies!!!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Wrangler... You have suggested that women are the reason that men abuse them... I will repeat that ABUSE on all sides is wrong... but this is not going to become a thread of disrespect... Just saying...

God is a God of order.... YES women are to submit to their husbands... but what you have stated by changing my words is that women do not know how to respect or submit to their husbands. NOPE... that is not true... and I would appreciate very much if this does NOT become an issue.

If you want to start a discussion about women... feel free to start your own thread.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yarg is a semi-hard cow's milk cheese made in Cornwall, United Kingdom from the milk of Friesian cows. ... "Yarg" is simply "Gray" spelt backwards, after Allan and Jenny Gray, the couple who gave the recipe to Pengreep Farm in the 1970s.
Need a little Yarg with that wine?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but what you have stated by changing my words is that women do not know how to respect or submit to their husbands. NOPE... that is not true... and I would appreciate very much if this does NOT become an issue.

If you want to start a discussion about women... feel free to start your own thread.

Why is it OK to talk about men in this thread but not women?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter ... I guess I spelled it wrong... It should be yargh...

It can also mean a sigh with a sarcastic tone to it.... meaning... HERE WE GO AGAIN...
It was my response to your post to Pearl.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why is it OK to talk about men in this thread but not women?
If you had paid attention to the posts before yours... you would REALIZE that there was a purpose for it...
I have private messaged you asking you to please start your own thread if you wish... this thread is not about women or men.
It was a comment made which flowed from a conversation that was being had. Thank you.

Reactions: Pearl

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter ... I guess I spelled it wrong... It should be yargh...

It can also mean a sigh with a sarcastic tone to it.... meaning... HERE WE GO AGAIN...
It was my response to your post to Pearl.

I get that....but I liked the first spelling better!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many Christian men seem to be too heavy handed when dealing with women, who are also made in God's image.

Not sure how you come to this conclusion. Are you referring to practicing Christians or in name only? Do you have a link to a statistical study? Does this study delve into Christian women being too heavy handed with men?

TSome might even say woman is the peak of creation since she was created last, but I doubt anybody on here will agree to that.

I do. There is a verse that says man is the glory of God but women are the glory of men. I think that is what this verse means. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want you to know that I recognized this a long time ago... after a post you made to someone.
Your words so deeply touched my heart that I was tormented with the need to keep you in prayer.
That had not happened to me in a while... I call it intercession...
So... please know that I am thinking of you sister... God is the God of impossibilities... HE truly is.
Have courage... and continue to place one step in front of the other.

LOL... I said tormented by the need to pray... I guess that sounds really bad... but when it happens to you... it's a nagging... never stopping weight that you carry until you ANSWER...

understood. You can’t possibly know how many times I’ve thought of PMing someone for help but then decided against it. How many times I considered just walking into a church where no one knows me and asking for help. Or even searching for a hotline to call. But every time coming to the conclusion how can you explain to someone else what is going on and what even is at the root of if, when you don’t even know yourself. So I come to hopeless of asking for help with what I can’t explain. That you perceived this and didn’t need an explanation but was moved to help, intercede...truly thank you!

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
understood. You can’t possibly know how many times I’ve thought of PMing someone for help but then decided against it. How many times I considered just walking into a church where no one knows me and asking for help. Or even searching for a hotline to call. But every time coming to the conclusion how can you explain to someone else what is going on and what even is at the root of if, when you don’t even know yourself. So I come to hopeless of asking for help with what I can’t explain. That you perceived this and didn’t need an explanation but was moved to help, intercede...truly thank you!

2 Chronicles 20:15-18
This is what the Lord says to you: “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. . . . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, . . . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.”’