What purpose does it serve?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter I did not ask you to back off... I expressed that I am done.

The few times I have started a thread... I have done so with thought and care.... and when I type my posts... they are also written with thought and care. I have come to understand that this is not something I am going to do in the future... as I honestly do not have the energy to keep up with all the opinions that get thrown back. I find debates exhausting... and in all honesty... a waste of time... so that is on me for starting a topic that was up for debate.... I guess that makes me a Baddy as someone likes to call me.

Perhaps it is because I am naturally an only child.. or that I don't TRUST ANYONE... but as you have noticed... I have chosen to go against the FLOW of the world... I am not a very good FOLLOWER... and I don't take correction from anyone UNLESS I have asked for advice... and I am very selective as to who I will let minister to me. This seems to offend some. The reason I am like this is that I have had a long journey in discovering a few truths about God... it took me 20 years just to get to this place of BELIEVING that God loves me and is for me. So.... yeah... I am loving the peace... and the joy that comes with knowing I am a CHILD of the King.

These forums are filled with opinions and thoughts... some contributors are bolder than others in how they communicate. I have nothing against you... as you have proven that you show RESPECT when you post. WE just don't agree on what our responsibilities are as believers. I will however donate to your TOWER fund. I hope you build one high enough that I might be able to wave to you from Canada... LOL

Despite my many shortcomings... I have been convinced that God is ok with me... with where I am at.. and with how I am living.
Life plays out in seasons... and I am learning to go with the flow of that.

I have not lived a great life... I come from the cesspool of perversion that you speak of... I abused alcohol in my early 20's ... I was either in a bar or a detox center... and I have seen a great many things that are beyond nasty. I remember how I felt in my desperate state... I so badly wanted to be loved and wanted... and I looked for that love in ALL the wrong places.

As a result... I suffered the very REAL consequences of my POOR choices...both physically, emotionally, and perhaps especially spiritually (even though I was NOT a believer at the time). To this day... there remains a SCARLET stain on me. The memories of my past are so traumatic that I have blocked out a great part of my life. The brain is an amazing organ.

I have stated the above to assure you that those who live their lives outside the will of God do reap consequences and SUFFER very much with severe and life-long lasting consequences. It is this "feeling of dirtiness and despair" that makes them RIPE and READY to think about the need for a Saviour. It is God who saves lives.

I have seen those "Christians" who stand at the street corners... shouting to the SINNERS that they are going to hell... I have seen the horrific display of Christians who call themselves the Westboro Baptist church.
I have relatives that are legalistic Christians who do nothing but judge and condemn others. I'm not interested in being THAT CHRISTIAN.

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
As a christian we were called to stand up for the truth and justice. If you seen many injustice in this world, you were called to make it straight. Jesus chose to sacrifice himself because they were only 11 people (Matthew 26:36-46; Luke 22:1-46) and lack of number of his disciples with the out numbered soldiers which came to them.

This is the true purpose of what God wants in our lives.

Genesis 18:19
For I have made him mine so that he may give orders to his children and those of his line after him, to keep the ways of the Lord, to do what is good and right: so that the Lord may do to Abraham as he has said.

Psalms 99:4
The king's power is used for righteousness; you give true decisions, judging rightly in the land of Jacob.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and true is more pleasing to the Lord than an offering.

Proverbs 21:15
It is a joy to the good man to do right, but it is destruction to the workers of evil.

Isaiah 16:5
Then a king's seat will be based on mercy, and one will be seated on it in the tent of David for ever; judging uprightly, and quick to do righteousness.

Ezekiel 18:5
But if a man is upright, living rightly and doing righteousness,

Why did Jesus was condemned & crucified by them, because they were afraid of being caught in worship of idolatery and violate the ten commandments. That's why Jesus was treatened as a criminal when Romans was ruled Jerusalem and the crucifixion was the one of ritual of Damnatio de bestias or Colosseum gladiator festival, where Daniel was also treatened that way and thrown into the den of lions (Daniel 6).

Last edited:
Reactions: BobVance

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter I did not ask you to back off... I expressed that I am done.

The few times I have started a thread... I have done so with thought and care.... and when I type my posts... they are also written with thought and care. I have come to understand that this is not something I am going to do in the future... as I honestly do not have the energy to keep up with all the opinions that get thrown back. I find debates exhausting... and in all honesty... a waste of time... so that is on me for starting a topic that was up for debate.... I guess that makes me a Baddy as someone likes to call me.

Perhaps it is because I am naturally an only child.. or that I don't TRUST ANYONE... but as you have noticed... I have chosen to go against the FLOW of the world... I am not a very good FOLLOWER... and I don't take correction from anyone UNLESS I have asked for advice... and I am very selective as to who I will let minister to me. This seems to offend some. The reason I am like this is that I have had a long journey in discovering a few truths about God... it took me 20 years just to get to this place of BELIEVING that God loves me and is for me. So.... yeah... I am loving the peace... and the joy that comes with knowing I am a CHILD of the King.

These forums are filled with opinions and thoughts... some contributors are bolder than others in how they communicate. I have nothing against you... as you have proven that you show RESPECT when you post. WE just don't agree on what our responsibilities are as believers. I will however donate to your TOWER fund. I hope you build one high enough that I might be able to wave to you from Canada... LOL

Despite my many shortcomings... I have been convinced that God is ok with me... with where I am at.. and with how I am living.
Life plays out in seasons... and I am learning to go with the flow of that.

I have not lived a great life... I come from the cesspool of perversion that you speak of... I abused alcohol in my early 20's ... I was either in a bar or a detox center... and I have seen a great many things that are beyond nasty. I remember how I felt in my desperate state... I so badly wanted to be loved and wanted... and I looked for that love in ALL the wrong places.

As a result... I suffered the very REAL consequences of my POOR choices...both physically, emotionally, and perhaps especially spiritually (even though I was NOT a believer at the time). To this day... there remains a SCARLET stain on me. The memories of my past are so traumatic that I have blocked out a great part of my life. The brain is an amazing organ.

I have stated the above to assure you that those who live their lives outside the will of God do reap consequences and SUFFER very much with severe and life-long lasting consequences. It is this "feeling of dirtiness and despair" that makes them RIPE and READY to think about the need for a Saviour. It is God who saves lives.

I have seen those "Christians" who stand at the street corners... shouting to the SINNERS that they are going to hell... I have seen the horrific display of Christians who call themselves the Westboro Baptist church.
I have relatives that are legalistic Christians who do nothing but judge and condemn others. I'm not interested in being THAT CHRISTIAN.

Thank you for sharing.
By backing off I do not mean anything drastic.
Just backing off this thread.
Not mad at you.
Bottom line all this is between you and Christ. c'est la vie

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for sharing.
By backing off I do not mean anything drastic.
Just backing off this thread.

I am done with contributing my thoughts on this thread and someone just posted something new this morning...
so... this is an opportunity for things to continue.
Have a wonderful day.

Reactions: Pearl

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a christian we were called to stand up for the truth and justice. If you seen many injustice in this world, you were called to make it straight. Jesus chose to sacrifice himself because they were only 11 people (Matthew 26:36-46; Luke 22:1-46) and lack of number of his disciples with the out numbered soldiers which came to them.

This is the true purpose of what God wants in our lives.

Genesis 18:19
For I have made him mine so that he may give orders to his children and those of his line after him, to keep the ways of the Lord, to do what is good and right: so that the Lord may do to Abraham as he has said.

Psalms 99:4
The king's power is used for righteousness; you give true decisions, judging rightly in the land of Jacob.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and true is more pleasing to the Lord than an offering.

Proverbs 21:15
It is a joy to the good man to do right, but it is destruction to the workers of evil.

Isaiah 16:5
Then a king's seat will be based on mercy, and one will be seated on it in the tent of David for ever; judging uprightly, and quick to do righteousness.

Ezekiel 18:5
But if a man is upright, living rightly and doing righteousness,

Why did Jesus was condemned & crucified by them, because they were afraid of being caught in worship of idolatery and violate the ten commandments. That's why Jesus was treatened as a criminal when Romans was ruled Jerusalem and the crucifixion was the one of ritual of Damnatio de bestias or Colosseum gladiator festival, where Daniel was also treatened that way and thrown into the den of lions (Daniel 6).
Excellent post Yan! I completely agree with everything you stated, some people are more passive (ie Addy), and some more boldly passionate (ie Grailhunter). I tend to be more bold and outspoken on issues I see as pertinent to Christian values. God gave each of us different passions and gifts. God Bless.

Reactions: Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Excellent post Yan! I completely agree with everything you stated, some people are more passive (ie Addy), and some more boldly passionate (ie Grailhunter). I tend to be more bold and outspoken on issues I see as pertinent to Christian values. God gave each of us different passions and gifts. God Bless.
Gosh... Bob... you have made a liar out of me... as I said I was finished with this thread... LOL
I would actually like to thank you for recognizing that God gives us each different passions and giftings.
I don't have a problem with being called passive... as it actually does pertain to me during this season of life. However with that passiveness is much prayer...worship and truck-loads of gratitude. I am just coming out of a very LONG and DIFFICULT hibernation of sorts. Perhaps you can call it a break down... or a giving up... I came to a place of absolute despair about 6 years ago... For 5 years I was NUMB... was not able to feel proper emotion...and that scared the heck out of me. When covid hit... for some strange and unknown reason...I began to wake up... I have no idea why or how... but as I have been waking up... I have been CHANGED... a deep change has occurred within me... and a great healing has taken place.

I find life to be Sacred... and I find everyone to have a story... thus my hesitancy in SHOUTING out the sins of the world. I have yet to hear what that LOOKS like... I never got to that point with Grailhunter... as I could not get past our different views.

When you say bold... and outspoken... I am aware of what outspoken looks like... LOL ... however... What does the life of a GOOD Christian look like? Being outspoken means LOUD and BOLD to speak... It is the actions that I have a problem with.

Above in what was supposed to be my FINAL POST... LOL... I mentioned some examples of Christian behaviours that I find APPALLING. The Westboro Baptists are what come to mind the most...they carry pickets with statements like FAGS are going to hell... amongst other nasty things...If you ask them... they are OBEYING GOD... and standing against sin. Is that what is meant by standing up against sin ??? I have also seen the "works" of those street preachers who stand at the street corners yelling hell and damnation lest ye turn from your wicked ways... So yeah....If that is the definition of BOLDLY standing against sin... NOPE... Not interested.

I may be passive with allowing others to live their lives in peace... but that does not mean I condone how they live... and... it doesn't mean that if I was faced with injustice within my own circle of life... that I would simply sit back and do nothing... I would indeed stand up for what is right.

I still think I am being misunderstood... I have not found an effective way to explain myself... and quite honestly... these types of conversations are not healthy for me... because I get so wound up... Which is why I have chosen to bow out.

I felt the need to tell you however... that your post was read and heard by me.

Reactions: BobVance

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gosh... Bob... you have made a liar out of me... as I said I was finished with this thread... LOL
I would actually like to thank you for recognizing that God gives us each different passions and giftings.
I don't have a problem with being called passive... as it actually does pertain to me during this season of life. However with that passiveness is much prayer...worship and truck-loads of gratitude. I am just coming out of a very LONG and DIFFICULT hibernation of sorts. Perhaps you can call it a break down... or a giving up... I came to a place of absolute despair about 6 years ago... For 5 years I was NUMB... was not able to feel proper emotion...and that scared the heck out of me. When covid hit... for some strange and unknown reason...I began to wake up... I have no idea why or how... but as I have been waking up... I have been CHANGED... a deep change has occurred within me... and a great healing has taken place.

I find life to be Sacred... and I find everyone to have a story... thus my hesitancy in SHOUTING out the sins of the world. I have yet to hear what that LOOKS like... I never got to that point with Grailhunter... as I could not get past our different views.

When you say bold... and outspoken... I am aware of what outspoken looks like... LOL ... however... What does the life of a GOOD Christian look like? Being outspoken means LOUD and BOLD to speak... It is the actions that I have a problem with.

Above in what was supposed to be my FINAL POST... LOL... I mentioned some examples of Christian behaviours that I find APPALLING. The Westboro Baptists are what come to mind the most...they carry pickets with statements like FAGS are going to hell... amongst other nasty things...If you ask them... they are OBEYING GOD... and standing against sin. Is that what is meant by standing up against sin ??? I have also seen the "works" of those street preachers who stand at the street corners yelling hell and damnation lest ye turn from your wicked ways... So yeah....If that is the definition of BOLDLY standing against sin... NOPE... Not interested.

I may be passive with allowing others to live their lives in peace... but that does not mean I condone how they live... and... it doesn't mean that if I was faced with injustice within my own circle of life... that I would simply sit back and do nothing... I would indeed stand up for what is right.

I still think I am being misunderstood... I have not found an effective way to explain myself... and quite honestly... these types of conversations are not healthy for me... because I get so wound up... Which is why I have chosen to bow out.

God Bless you dear sister in Christ!!!!

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I thank you for mentioning the Westboro Baptist “church “. I have a brother in law who is a practicing homosexual, it grieves my wife’s heart (mine as well), the Westboro folks were despicable, I have used them as an example of what NOT to do in dealing with the LGBTQ souls. You simply cannot hate or shun ANYONE into His Kingdom. Yes, we hate the sin but not the person. I am not to judge, but I can’t help but feel Our Lord was disappointed in the Westboro folks, they truly give True Christians a horrible label. Blessings!

Reactions: Rita

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most comical assessment... I was a bit worried I was in for a LASHING... LOL

I wasn't trying to be "comical." It's just how these (and other) Spiritual "facts" come through these 2 fingers of flesh, so that from this corner I try to "brighten" with what little wisdom given me may help someone with their "struggle/s" in understanding that in ones' trying to understand God? Is not all THAT complicated!
As one can see throughout the entire Bible, that our Heavenly Father even when "dictating" to His humble servants the Prophets "spoke", in a way that was simultaneously specific and ambiguous. Not so much as it relates to "His words that shall NEVER pass away" (Law), but even as it relates to "human" (or more specifically, the "beguiled/fallen") nature.
So that a "saying" "The MORE "things" change?" "The MORE they stay the same." Should NOT ring so "peculiar."