What Satan Doesn't Want You to Know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan doesn't want you to know that when you accepted Jesus as your savior you were translated from the Kingdom of Satan into the Kingdom of God in a microsecond. Not only did you become a new creation in Jesus Christ, but you also became a full-fledged citizen of God's Kingdom. Peter said, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Satan) but of incorruptible (Christ) by the word of God (which is the Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Satan doesn't want you to know that as a new citizen of God's Kingdom God now sees you as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. As far as God is concerned you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed and now stand in God's Holy Court as innocent of all charges of condemnations.

Satan wants you to believe that admittance into God's Kingdom is by the works of the law, which is religion. Paul said, "Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. Satan doesn't want you to believe that entrance into God's Kingdom is by grace (God's goodness) through faith, Ephesians 2:8. He wants you to believe that you must, you must, you must do, do, do or you will not be saved.

Satan doesn't want you to know that when you accepted Jesus as your savior you were justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan doesn't want you to know that when you accepted Jesus as your savior you were translated from the Kingdom of Satan into the Kingdom of God in a microsecond. Not only did you become a new creation in Jesus Christ, but you also became a full-fledged citizen of God's Kingdom. Peter said, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Satan) but of incorruptible (Christ) by the word of God (which is the Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Satan doesn't want you to know that as a new citizen of God's Kingdom God now sees you as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. As far as God is concerned you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed and now stand in God's Holy Court as innocent of all charges of condemnations.

Satan wants you to believe that admittance into God's Kingdom is by the works of the law, which is religion. Paul said, "Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. Satan doesn't want you to believe that entrance into God's Kingdom is by grace (God's goodness) through faith, Ephesians 2:8. He wants you to believe that you must, you must, you must do, do, do or you will not be saved.

Satan doesn't want you to know that when you accepted Jesus as your savior you were justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30.
Sounds good so far. God also writes His laws on our conscience to follow, so what if you go against your conscience and break a law written there?

What does God want you to know. And what does Satan try to convince you of?

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The natural man in the world is unaware of Satan's hold. He is depraved of spiritual awareness. After He is chosen by God, He is a spiritual man, this instant awareness of this world becomes black and white, that is, discernment is given through the Holy Spirit to see things clearly that used to be "gray" and not understood. The new man is now striving to get closer to God with a hunger, and the closer you get, temptation tries to get you. You need the spiritual awareness to resist Satan.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man doesn't get to choose if he is born again. God handles that for those he selects. He draws them in. To be sealed by the Holy Ghost is what is required to be born again. And that means you will be taught by God himself and brought towards his ways to learn about him. And we only recieve the Holy Ghost after baptism by the laying on of hands by those in authority. Yes there are those that can receive the Holy Ghost before baptism, but baptism is commanded for them afterwards.

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good so far. God also writes His laws on our conscience to follow, so what if you go against your conscience and break a law written there?

What does God want you to know. And what does Satan try to convince you of?
Christians are not under any kind of laws. The law of Moses has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Where there is no law, there is no sin. God wants us to know that Jesus is our savior and that we are to trust in him and not ourselves. Satan wants us to believe that we don't have a savior.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man doesn't get to choose if he is born again. God handles that for those he selects. He draws them in. To be sealed by the Holy Ghost is what is required to be born again. And that means you will be taught by God himself and brought towards his ways to learn about him. And we only recieve the Holy Ghost after baptism by the laying on of hands by those in authority. Yes there are those that can receive the Holy Ghost before baptism, but baptism is commanded for them afterwards.

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
You cannot and will not be born again without faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God does not choose anyone because he is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot and will not be born again without faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God does not choose anyone because he is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34.
faith in Christ is given to those chosen. They then can decide to have their own faith. But faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit.

God chose his disciples to baptize and lay hands that people might receive the Holy Ghost. God has always chosen people to perform his covenant ordinances. The term "God is no respecter of person" applies some other way. The bible says God calls and chooses people for his will.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faith in Christ is given to those chosen. They then can decide to have their own faith. But faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit.

God chose his disciples to baptize and lay hands that people might receive the Holy Ghost. God has always chosen people to perform his covenant ordinances. The term "God is no respecter of person" applies some other way. The bible says God calls and chooses people for his will.
Faith is given to those that hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

Much of what you say and believe is not scriptural. This is why you don't quote scripture. If God chose some to be saved and damned the rest to hell, he would be unjust. It is not humanly possible to believe and have faith in your Calvinist God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is given to those that hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

Much of what you say and believe is not scriptural. This is why you don't quote scripture. If God chose some to be saved and damned the rest to hell, he would be unjust. It is not humanly possible to believe and have faith in your Calvinist God.
I'm not Calvinist. Strange you should think so. Your interpretation of scripture is strange also. I'll leave you to it then.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God chose some to be saved and damned the rest to hell, he would be unjust. It is not humanly possible to believe and have faith in your Calvinist God.
One last thing: What I say comes from scripture. You should continue to study. God chooses those that are desirable to be saved, and he's no fool. What you're talking about is choosing God so that you can save yourself. But that is not how it works as only Jesus can save us. Jesus must choose us. As far as those that choose God who are unworthy none the less, the scriptures covers that.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

If you want to be called or chose the point here is to be worthy of that calling, to not be lawless. To be a sweet savor to God so that you are noticed. And this is done by repenting with works meet for repentance.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I say comes from scripture. You should continue to study. God chooses those that are desirable to be saved, and he's no fool. What you're talking about is choosing God so that you can save yourself. But that is not how it works as only Jesus can save us. Jesus must choose us. As far as those that choose God who are unworthy none the less, the scriptures covers that.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
If you believe that God chooses some to be saved and dams the rest to hell, then you are a Calvinist.

God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ. "God so loved the world (not just some) that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

You make a sham out of God's word. Worse yet, you make God out to be a tyrant.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not Calvinist. Strange you should think so. Your interpretation of scripture is strange also. I'll leave you to it then.
Hi Dev! I know you do not claim Calvinism yet, you sure believe in "Limited atonement" - The "L" in T.U.L.I.P. WHich means that God intentionally created some for heaven and some specifically for hell and have no choice in the matter. I cannot believe in a God who would do that brother and neither can many folks. Why even evangelize in that case if some will be saved weather or not they "choose" to be. ALL men are given a "measure of faith".

“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”Romans 12:3

Jesus said that He would "draw ALL men to Him: "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” ~ John 12:32

Much love brother!

Attachments

• 1692712450980.jpeg
    1692712450980.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dev! I know you do not claim Calvinism yet, you sure believe in "Limited atonement" - The "L" in T.U.L.I.P. WHich means that God intentionally created some for heaven and some specifically for hell and have no choice in the matter. I cannot believe in a God who would do that brother and neither can many folks. Why even evangelize in that case if some will be saved weather or not they "choose" to be. ALL men are given a "measure of faith".

“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”Romans 12:3

Jesus said that He would "draw ALL men to Him: "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” ~ John 12:32

Much love brother!
I actually didn't imply in people having no choice. I simply said that God draws people in. Which is what the bible says. We don't decide whether we are saved or not, God is the judge of our salvation. I had also said that people who are given faith and drawn in can decide to have their own faith and continue with God. That is not Calvinism.

In post #4 I said that man doesn't choose if he is born again. Which is correct. To be born of the spirit you need to be baptized and have the laying on of hands for the most part. You can choose to do that, but it does not guarantee that God will accept your offer. See this again from post #10:

@Robert Pate also implied that my God was a tyrant, so I suspect he is a universalist. But I do believe God will have mercy on good people and save them. But not all people who claim to come to him. The bible supports that. Does that make God a tyrant?

What I speak is for God to give him glory, power and authority. Something many do not accept.

God knows the thoughts and intents of the hearts of the children. So he knows who is not desiring to repent of some evil. And man gets to choose that. We must make ourselves acceptable to God, hoping he will choose us for salvation.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think saying "God is not a respector of persons" is frequently misused to support bad doctrine.

God doesn't favor one person over another because they are more rich, or more beautiful, but that does NOT mean God doesn't select people for things. Just not the way we do.

Before Jesus died, no one could come to Him unless the Father drew them to Jesus. No one.

It's just poor interpretation, and misuse to support error.

Much love!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think saying "God is not a respector of persons" is frequently misused to support bad doctrine.

God doesn't favor one person over another because they are more rich, or more beautiful, but that does NOT mean God doesn't select people for things. Just not the way we do.

Before Jesus died, no one could come to Him unless the Father drew them to Jesus. No one.

It's just poor interpretation, and misuse to support error.

Much love!
God chose prophets, apostles, etc. for a purpose. There is no choosing without a purpose. If God chose some to salvation and damned others to hell that would make him unjust. How can you have faith in an unjust God? There is nothing wrong with the scriptures.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not under any kind of laws. The law of Moses has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Where there is no law, there is no sin. God wants us to know that Jesus is our savior and that we are to trust in him and not ourselves. Satan wants us to believe that we don't have a savior.
Really? Which Commandment is it OK to break?

The laws of Moses were ceremonial. Jesus took the place of the sacrificial lamb. Everything pointed to Him.Jesus also expanded the law--He said that not only is adultery a physical act, it is also a sin when a man looketh upon another with lust.So after He died, that is gone?

Matt5:17-28
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not trying to sound impertinent . . . how does anyone know what Satan wants or doesn't want?

But I'll agree these things are important! And failing to understand and accept them works against the believer. Many threads here are like that, working against the believer.

Could we equally say, "the flesh doesn't want you to know you know have power over it in Christ"?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The natural man in the world is unaware of Satan's hold. He is depraved of spiritual awareness. After He is chosen by God, He is a spiritual man, this instant awareness of this world becomes black and white, that is, discernment is given through the Holy Spirit to see things clearly that used to be "gray" and not understood. The new man is now striving to get closer to God with a hunger, and the closer you get, temptation tries to get you. You need the spiritual awareness to resist Satan.
The spiritual attacks against us help us to see there is a spiritual darkness. The afflictions and trials push us away from flesh, away from the world, and towards God. All these things that were against us are now being worked for us.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was before Jesus died. Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself". But not all will come.

I've been thinking about this. When we are baptized, we were immersed into Christ's death, even though it happened 2000 years ago. I wonder, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself", did He do that on the cross? Draw all men to Himself as He was dying for us?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where there is no law, there is no sin.
Where there is no law, there is no transgression, but that doesn't mean there is no sin.

Before the Law came, sin was still in the world. But sin was not imputed to them.

Sin is always sin. But sin isn't always imputed.

Romans 5:12-14 KJV
12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Much love!