What Satan Doesn't Want You to Know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Which Commandment is it OK to break?
We are to leave aside the letters on stone and keep the new commandments to trust and love. Otherwise you trigger your flesh, that's what Law does.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was before Jesus died. Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself". But not all will come.

I've been thinking about this. When we are baptized, we were immersed into Christ's death, even though it happened 2000 years ago. I wonder, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself", did He do that on the cross? Draw all men to Himself as He was dying for us?

Much love!
Interesting translation. I don't actually translate it that way. The actual scripture I quoted was referring to the "last day", so I don't know how you see it that way. Surely there must be some other meaning from all the verses about this in the bible. Like:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Perhaps both these scriptures are correct and relevant?

The next scripture explains how they work. Jesus provided for the atonement so no one would be saved or be able to be in the presence of the Father without him. Then perhaps the Father decides who be bestows the Holy Ghost to and is born again. And that about sounds correct, then you can come to Jesus:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Billy Graham answered a question of : why do bad things happen to good people.? and good things happen to bad people.
answer: nobody is good. Romans 3:23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to leave aside the letters on stone and keep the new commandments to trust and love. Otherwise you trigger your flesh, that's what Law does.

Much love!
Well the scripture actual says Satan will do the tempting, There are flesh desires like sexuality and Satan can cause that also, but I don't really want to discuss that here. Perhaps all the other sins are sins of thoughts and hearts which lead to actions, thoughts and heart can be spiritual for the person. Remember:

James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

But I suppose you can desire to steal a coat when your cold. Hmmm is that a sin? Probably is.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where there is no law, there is no transgression, but that doesn't mean there is no sin.

Before the Law came, sin was still in the world. But sin was not imputed to them.

Sin is always sin. But sin isn't always imputed.

Romans 5:12-14 KJV
12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Much love!
I will stick with my statement, "Where there is no law there is no sin".

Paul said, "For by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. We all know when we sin, because the law is written on our heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. If there is no law there is no sin, Romans 7:7-10.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have no idea what you mean.Which one of the Commandments dont fall under trust and love? 1st 4 Love to God next 6 Love to man

Reactions: marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I edited post #22 for the answer to discerning those scriptures. Cheers!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not under any kind of laws. The law of Moses has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Where there is no law, there is no sin. God wants us to know that Jesus is our savior and that we are to trust in him and not ourselves. Satan wants us to believe that we don't have a savior.
If there are no laws, what is it that Scripture says about the New Covenant that are WRITTEN on our hearts? Do they exist on our hearts or not?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you love God or man because you are commanded to that is for the wrong reason.
Why assume that's the reason? The whole point as I see it is that rebirth changes us, so we don't need to be told step by step what to do right and wrong, instead we are being transformed to love.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there are no laws, what is it that Scripture says about the New Covenant that are WRITTEN on our hearts? Do they exist on our hearts or not?
That was to Israel.

Can you show me one place in the Bible that gentiles have the law written on their hearts when they are born again?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have no idea what you mean.Which one of the Commandments dont fall under trust and love? 1st 4 Love to God next 6 Love to man
Love transcends the commandments just as spirit transcends flesh. Holding to letters on stone is staying on a flesh level.

Much love!

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was to Israel.

Can you show me one place in the Bible that gentiles have the law written on their hearts when they are born again?

Much love!

The Church of Jesus, the New Covenant, was to the Jews. They have the laws written on their hearts. They are Christians. But not all Israel accepted Him, so Gentiles got to also become part of the Church to the Jews. Get it? Remember all the apostles were Jews. We are part of the Church of Jesus now too.

1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church of Jesus was to the Jews. They have the laws written on their hearts. They are Christians. But not all Israel accepted Him, so Gentiles got to also become part of the Church to the Jews. Get it? Remember all the apostles were Jews. We are part of the Church of Jesus now too.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Who is 1 John written to?

1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll take that as a "no". You've apparently concluded it from these passages, but the Bible itself doesn't say that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are the commandments that John tells us to keep?

1 John 2:3-10 KJV
3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

1 John 3:21-23 KJV
21) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Much love!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the New Covent the law is written on our heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10.

This is much different than the written Mosaic law. The law that is written on our heart is a prompting and an urging to do what is right. There is no condemnation if it is violated, Romans 8:1.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the commandments that John tells us to keep?

1 John 2:3-10 KJV
3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

1 John 3:21-23 KJV
21) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Much love!
I do not believe in sinless perfection! They are two separate states of being, with sinlessness at the beginning, and perfection at the end from the Author and Finisher of our faith. I would start this study on what attributes those who are going to heaven will have. And also hell.

Revelation 22:11

11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

Why are there two? This question goes zip right over people's heads and people even fail to ask the question, let alone find the answer. It is because there are two types of sins; sins unto death and sins not unto death, being righteous or holy has to do specifically with these two types of sins in God's eyes mentioned in 1 John 5:16-17, and Numbers 15:22-29, 30-36.

1 John 3:4-5 shows us sins unto death. It is the first type of sin that Jesus takes away by taking away and cleansing our nature of that type of sin. Jesus does that by writing those commandments (the Ten) on our heart; thereby causing our abhorance to do them part of us so we cannot commit them. This is also the circumcision of the heart/nature cutting off the sin from our nature. All we have left is our free will as Adam did, but what Adam didn't have that we do as born again Christians of the Spirit is God living inside of us! 1 John 3:8-9 shows that Jesus DESTROYED the works of the devil - on the cross. This is when the time of the war in heaven. Satan can no longer influence us. Our nature is clean and empowered with God's Spirit.

1 John 3:8-9
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Also in 1 John 3 is verse 7. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness
is righteous, just as He is righteous. Some people only believe in imputed righteousness, not experiential. That has to do with adopting the "T" in the most depraved denomination in the Church and never seeing the heresy in it for decades.
These are born again Christians who are
clean. They are sinless. Righteous means Sinless of sins unto death, as he takes us from death to life. The Ten Commandments is the subject, 1 John 3:4. This is the major mortal sins Jesus takes out of our nature. Yes, because Adam sinned, mankind inherited the sin nature, but it was Satan who put the sin there. Our sin nature has been circumsized and the sin has be cut off. So those who still believe we will always have a sin nature do not comprehend at all that Jesus defeated the works of the devil and we cannot sin against the Ten Commandments. 1 John 3:8-9. Not even once. It is NOT that we just don't make a practice of murder! I know some like the NASB, but when it changes the meaning so diabolically, stick with, at least, the NKJV. Another thing these false teachers believe is that sin is in the body! No! The body is like a dead puppet made alive by the spirit and the soul controlling our body. That is why the spirit and soul together make up our nature and is what is born again of the Spirit. And why the body has yet to die to put on immortality. If we were to have to wait for our body to be born again then none of us our saved and born again of the Spirit. As Mike Kessler once said, according to Rev. 22:11 the state we are in at the time of death does not change. But many hosts say we will change to sinlessness after death. WRONG. How many people are believing this and will be apathetic to grieving the Spirit, and how many hosts will be judged according to 1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work (false doctrines) is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. I expect the loss they will suffer in the last days before Christ will be their head, when instead they had expected to be raptured no matter what they taught.

We hear people like John MacArthur mocking sinless perfection as impossible and heresy. I've been accused of teaching that myself, but you are hearing now how that is a wrong assumption, and what I actually believe. Also that those who hate the word sinlessness are the actual heretics. I believe what Jesus accomplished. And how it changes our lives. Sinlessness is at the beginning of our walk with Jesus when we are cleansed of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS and given eternal life because He takes away the sins unto death.

The next type of sin, sins not unto death, is a life-long process that we find in John 15:1-4. Notice even though we have immature fruit we are still "clean" because of the Word. That is because of 1 John 3:4-5 when Jesus made us sinless of sins unto death.

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

When ALL the fruit of the Spirit are each mature and LOVE is completed, that is PERFECTION. HOLINESS IS PERFECTION.

This goes along with 1 John 2:10. Love is a fruit of the Spirit and you will not stumble. In Galatians 5 it is number one in importance. But 2 Peter 1:5-7 Peter shows us the progression of growing in each of the fruit of the Spirit and love is the hardest to get to and matures last. But once you get there, there is no more stumbling. Peter says that also in 2 Peter 1:10-11.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In both types of sin 1 John 3 (Law) and John 15 (Fruit) we see that to keep ourselves strong and on the path to salvation "making our election sure" the key is abiding in Jesus. Abiding in Christ is the meaning of "keeps ourselves" in 1 John 5:18.

John 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the New Covent the law is written on our heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10.

This is much different than the written Mosaic law. The law that is written on our heart is a prompting and an urging to do what is right. There is no condemnation if it is violated, Romans 8:1.

Read a better version of the Bible, not a modern version from the corrupted Alexandrian's texts. The devil doesn't want you to see the "condition." We must be born again of the Spirit, and walk in the Spirit, and abide in Christ and He in us.

Are you Calvinist?

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,
who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Reactions: amigo de christo