What standard do you want to be judged against, the Bride of Christ, or the invited guests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What standard do you want to be judged against, the Bride of Christ, or the invited guests?

• I want to be judged against the holy and difficult standard of a saint (the Bride)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I want to be judged against the easier standard of a guest

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many operate in the name it claim it sphere, but without realizing that we will be judged according to what we say and how we judge both ourselves and others.. Are we proud or humble? Are we confident of our own greatness and acceptance by God...or do we fear God thinking we are unworthy of honour?

What standard do you claim to belong to? How would you wish to be judged...under what level of scrutiny? Under what standard?

What say you? And please be honest.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to be judged in the blood of Christ.

Everyone will be judged according to the law.

And we are told how we stack up. For ALL have sinned and FALL SHORT of the glory, perfection, of God.

Being justified FREELY (at no cost to us, but at great cost to the savior)

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to be judged in the blood of Christ.

The whole world wants a good outcome. But there are two judgments...either at the Bema seat of Christ or else at the GWT. There are two resurrections to go with the two judgments.

Do you see yourself as being worthy of Christ? You would choose to be judged at the level of a saint? You want to be compared to Paul, and Peter, and Stephen and John?

If that is the case then be honest and vote that you want to be judged as a saint.
Everyone will be judged according to the law.

Not so. The saint is judged for what KIND of works he built on the foundation of Christ. Be they using eternal materials or else temporal ones. Read 1 Cor. 3.

And the world will be judged according to their works.

Read the bible.
And we are told how we stack up. For ALL have sinned and FALL SHORT of the glory, perfection, of God.

Being justified FREELY (at no cost to us, but at great cost to the savior)
Go with that then. So you claim to be justified? Then you will have no problem being judged against the saints? Will you?

Do you believe that there will be guests at the marriage supper of the Lamb? Do you believe there will be a Bride to present to the Lord?

Doesn't the blood of Christ also cover the guests?

Again, I suggest you read the bible.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole world wants a good outcome. But there are two judgments...either at the Bema seat of Christ or else at the GWT. There are two resurrections to go with the two judgments.
Your right and wrong

there is the GWT - but there is no ressurection for them. They are delivered to Christ.. not raised by him. You do not want to be at this one. Because all who appear will be cast out.

there is the BEMA.. where the BELIEVER is judged.. and they recieve reward. Gold silver precious stone. wood hay and straw.. It there work endures, they will recieve reward. if nto. they will suffer loss. BUT STILL BE SAVED as through fire.

You want to be at this one..

Now one has to decide through scripture. what separates the two people.

Of Course Jesus told us in John 3..

Do you see yourself as being worthy of Christ?
If I thought i was worthy I would be boasting and think I had made it. Since I am placing everything in him, it means I think (know) I am not worthy.

You would choose to be judged at the level of a saint? You want to be compared to Paul, and Peter, and Stephen and John?
I chose to be judged based on the work of Christ. Not my own (as far as eternity goes)

as for the rest. I am sure Paul Peter and Steven will receive a much greater reward than I will.. But we can spend eternity in heaven talking to each other and I can learn from them
If that is the case then be honest and vote that you want to be judged as a saint.

Not so. The saint is judged for what KIND of works he built on the foundation of Christ. Be they using eternal materials or else temporal ones. Read 1 Cor. 3.

And the world will be judged according to their works.

Read the bible.
Sorry my friend, when it comes to where we will spend eternity, the law is the guide. If we do not live up to Gods standard (perfection). we will fall short. No one has lived up to Gods standard. so no one will spend eternity based on how good they were or the works they do.

The law said the way to atonement was the blood. The High priest made atonement for everyone because no one satisfied Gods requirement. Not even the high priest. thats why all those animals had to be slaughtered on the day of atonement.

for someone who states they understand the law I am amazed at how you missed the root issue the law showed, and Gods answer to the problem.
Go with that then. So you claim to be justified? Then you will have no problem being judged against the saints? Will you?
All the saints will be judged according to the blood of Christ. when it comes to eternity.

Its why they will nto be at the GWT.
Do you believe that there will be guests at the marriage supper of the Lamb? Do you believe there will be a Bride to present to the Lord?

Doesn't the blood of Christ also cover the guests?

Again, I suggest you read the bible.
You need to study the bible. Like the jew, you may be able to repeat what the bible says. But the knowledge fails you.

You do not even understand the law.. or what faith is

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your right and wrong

there is the GWT - but there is no ressurection for them. They are delivered to Christ.. not raised by him. You do not want to be at this one. Because all who appear will be cast out.

That's what religious hucksters have taught you. You need to read the bible for yourself...while engaging your reading skills and a little thinking power.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

All will be cast out? Very wrong. Whoever is not written in the book of life is cast into the lake of fire. Your reading skills have it to read...and ALL were cast into the lake of fire.

For an example of the biblical text MINUS the religious content that fools you so easily. .....all who didn't have a bus ticket had to walk. You would read that as all had to walk...and ignore that there were bus tickets and even a bus. .
there is the BEMA.. where the BELIEVER is judged.. and they recieve reward. Gold silver precious stone. wood hay and straw.. It there work endures, they will recieve reward. if nto. they will suffer loss. BUT STILL BE SAVED as through fire.

You want to be at this one..

Now one has to decide through scripture. what separates the two people.

Of Course Jesus told us in John 3..

If I thought i was worthy I would be boasting and think I had made it. Since I am placing everything in him, it means I think (know) I am not worthy.

You do think you have made it. Not based on your performance but as a reward for your lip service to God and your beliefs.
I chose to be judged based on the work of Christ. Not my own (as far as eternity goes)

Anybody would do that. That's called self-preservation...and is a carnal trait.
as for the rest. I am sure Paul Peter and Steven will receive a much greater reward than I will.. But we can spend eternity in heaven talking to each other and I can learn from them

You can hope so.
Sorry my friend, when it comes to where we will spend eternity, the law is the guide. If we do not live up to Gods standard (perfection). we will fall short. No one has lived up to Gods standard. so no one will spend eternity based on how good they were or the works they do.

The law said the way to atonement was the blood. The High priest made atonement for everyone because no one satisfied Gods requirement. Not even the high priest. thats why all those animals had to be slaughtered on the day of atonement.

for someone who states they understand the law I am amazed at how you missed the root issue the law showed, and Gods answer to the problem.

All the saints will be judged according to the blood of Christ. when it comes to eternity.

Judged AGAINST the blood of Christ...the resurrection life now made available through grace. Those who continued in their own power while claiming to be Christ's will suffer LOSS. They will be saved as examples of dishonour and shame.
Its why they will nto be at the GWT.

You need to study the bible. Like the jew, you may be able to repeat what the bible says. But the knowledge fails you.

You do not even understand the law.. or what faith is
Not at some deviated surface level. No I do not erase the truth to see things your way. I know a religious huckster when I see one.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How would you wish to be judged...

Only a fool would "wished to be judged", by God.

Fella, the 3000 that died, under the 10 Commandments, wished for that ....

You dont want that one..

Have you see that Cross, of Christ? ...............That is = " GOD judged".

"Marred beyond recognition".. " ribs exposed, and bleeding to death". "Nailed to a Cross".

Jesus KNEW this was coming, and that is why He said to God...>"if possible let this CUP pass from me".

See that "Cup"? That is God's righteous JUDGEMENT against the sin of the world.

But because Jesus loves us so much....He willingly, obediently.... went to that horrible Slaughter, 'in our place, for all our sin".

So....what I will do.... is give God PRAISE for that SALVATION, that is the finished work of Jesus on the CROSS.... which allows me and all the truly born again to be eternally esteemed by God as "The Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only a fool would "wished to be judged", by God.

Fella, the 3000 that died, under the 10 Commandments, wished for that ....

You dont want that one..

Have you see that Cross, of Christ? ...............That is = " GOD judged".

"Marred beyond recognition".. " ribs exposed, and bleeding to death". "Nailed to a Cross".

Jesus KNEW this was coming, and that is why He said to God...>"if possible let this CUP pass from me".

See that "Cup"? That is God's righteous JUDGEMENT against the sin of the world.

But because Jesus loves us so much....He willingly, obediently.... went to that horrible Slaughter, 'in our place, for all our sin".

So....what I will do.... is give God PRAISE for that SALVATION, that is the finished work of Jesus on the CROSS.... which allows me and all the truly born again to be eternally esteemed by God as "The Righteousness of God, in Christ".
Fine. you will be judged against the full standard of all who claim God's righteousness for themselves. Say hi to Paul for me. :oops:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Fine. you will be judged against the full standard of all who claim God's righteousness f

That'll never happen to me, or to any true believer.

See, Im "passed from death to life"..
Im already "in Christ', as "one with God", as are all the truly born again.

We are not waiting on Judgement, we are waiting on the New Body.

You wont find us at the Revelation 20:11 situation.

A.) a real Christian, has been FORGIVEN.

See = the Cross of Christ for the update, @Episkopos

Now, there is the "Judgement (Bema) seat, of Christ",... but thats not a judgement regarding Sin, as Jesus has already been judged for the Believer's Sin 2000 yrs ago on The Cross.

They will be evaluated regarding this......

= "What have you done in my Body"... "What have you done for the body of Christ, as service for me"....

Jesus will evaluate our works, but not according to the work, but according to our HEART MOTIVE for doing them..

God never looks at our works...He only sees our HEART, regarding our motivation..
THAT is what God, judges.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what religious hucksters have taught you. You need to read the bible for yourself...while engaging your reading skills and a little thinking power.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

All will be cast out? Very wrong. Whoever is not written in the book of life is cast into the lake of fire. Your reading skills have it to read...and ALL were cast into the lake of fire.
As usual. you leave out parts of the passage..

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

The dead are here. and they are not resurrected. they are delivered.

The born again are not dead. There were made alive in Christ.. they will not be at this judgment..

but if you want to be there. feel free.. Just know you will not make it out of there. You will follow all of them to be with satan

For an example of the biblical text MINUS the religious content that fools you so easily. .....all who didn't have a bus ticket had to walk. You would read that as all had to walk...and ignore that there were bus tickets and even a bus. .

You do think you have made it. Not based on your performance but as a reward for your lip service to God and your beliefs.

Anybody would do that. That's called self-preservation...and is a carnal trait.

You can hope so.

Judged AGAINST the blood of Christ...the resurrection life now made available through grace. Those who continued in their own power while claiming to be Christ's will suffer LOSS. They will be saved as examples of dishonour and shame.

Not at some deviated surface level. No I do not erase the truth to see things your way. I know a religious huckster when I see one.
Sorry bud. I accept the promises of God..

if anyone is mocking the blood. it is you. because you do not believe it is sufficient..

You keep trying to earn your way.. See how far it gets you

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What? Aren't we covered by the righteousness of Christ when we repent?
We can be forgiven when we repent. God is merciful. But the righteousness of Christ is only a covering for those who are crucified in the outer man and translated into the kingdom realm of the Spirit to walk as Jesus walked.

How can we think that we bring Christ and His righteousness into our sin? Paul warns us against this. Is Christ a minster of sin?

In Him is no sin.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we think that we bring Christ and His righteousness into our sin? Paul warns us against this. Is Christ a minster of sin?
I have no idea what you are talking about. How does someone bring christ into their sin?

Are you saying that we have no assurance of salvation until the trump sounds when Christ returns?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no idea what you are talking about. How does someone bring christ into their sin?

Are you saying that we have no assurance of salvation until the trump sounds when Christ returns?
There is a difference between assurance of salvation and assurance of glory. Can you discern the difference?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How can we think that we bring Christ and His righteousness into our sin?

What you wrote......= That is just incoherent theology regarding what it means to become a Christian.

Listen,

We dont "bring Christ into our sin"....

A.) God offers Christ on the Cross as the "one time eternal sacrificer" = for our SIN.

This is God as Christ on the Cross, becoming this....>"God hath made Jesus to BE SIN....for us".

Christ is the..... ETERNAL.... SIN OFFERING, for our sin....... This is the Cross of Christ.

And once this Offering has been accepted by God, because our = "Faith is counted as Righteousness".....
Then our SIN is ""'on Christ" who was JUDGED FOR THEM, and died for them ALL.
That's what He's doing on the Cross.....= bearing our sin, upon Himself, and taking the Judgment DUE US< for our SIN.

That is our : SALVATION.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's the thing. Jesus says that we should take a low place...so that when the Master recognizes us He bids us to come up higher. But the one who takes the greater place....the higher place, if he is not meant to be there then he will suffer humiliation before all.

In the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican, which one was confident that he was on the side of God?

So we are to see ourselves as unprofitable servants as Jesus says we ought to esteem ourselves. I guess one would have to value His words to consider that of any importance.

If we see ourselves as a guest rather than the Bride and take the lower place...will God not elevate us IF we are recognized and meant to have a higher place? And if we are not meant for more than a basic salvation (scarcely saved), we will be fine. But the penalty for taking too high a place for ourselves is rejection from the kingdom. Is humility not better than self-confidence in this matter?

What would wisdom dictate?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So we are to see ourselves as unprofitable servants

We are all this.. until we are born again....

A.) "ALL HAVE SINNED"...

Solution ???? = So, we go to JESUS, who died for OUR SIN...

Welcome To : Salvation'

Its a "Gift"... ""The Gift of Salvation"

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:8 22:14 . Those wearing wrong clothes worshipped antichrist in the flesh.
Isaiah 2:10. Many people will be too ashamed to face Jesus at 7th trump, will look to hide. Because they worshipped antichrist in the flesh.
The 7th trump starts the millennium. Those who worshipped antichrist are naked. They will go to sheol.
It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Some people are too lazy to study the bible. Or listen to misguided preachers.
Those who are biblically illiterate will worship antichrist near future.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can be forgiven when we repent. God is merciful. But the righteousness of Christ is only a covering for those who are crucified in the outer man and translated into the kingdom realm of the Spirit to walk as Jesus walked.

In Him is no sin.
would love to find this in the word. can you share?

How was this symbolized in the law?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between assurance of salvation and assurance of glory. Can you discern the difference?
what we do know.

is those who are saved are assured of Glory, because they are assured of salvation.

As the good book says. He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified..

it also says he who began a good work. WILL (not might) complete it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing. Jesus says that we should take a low place...so that when the Master recognizes us He bids us to come up higher. But the one who takes the greater place....the higher place, if he is not meant to be there then he will suffer humiliation before all.

In the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican, which one was confident that he was on the side of God?

So we are to see ourselves as unprofitable servants as Jesus says we ought to esteem ourselves. I guess one would have to value His words to consider that of any importance.

If we see ourselves as a guest rather than the Bride and take the lower place...will God not elevate us IF we are recognized and meant to have a higher place? And if we are not meant for more than a basic salvation (scarcely saved), we will be fine. But the penalty for taking too high a place for ourselves is rejection from the kingdom. Is humility not better than self-confidence in this matter?

What would wisdom dictate?
which one went home justified?

the religious law keeping one

or the one who called out to Jesus to save a wretched soul such as himself?