What standard do you want to be judged against, the Bride of Christ, or the invited guests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What standard do you want to be judged against, the Bride of Christ, or the invited guests?

• I want to be judged against the holy and difficult standard of a saint (the Bride)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I want to be judged against the easier standard of a guest

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all this.. until we are born again....

A.) "ALL HAVE SINNED"...

Solution ???? = So, we go to JESUS, who died for OUR SIN...

Welcome To : Salvation'

Its a "Gift"... ""The Gift of Salvation"
like I said.

the law should teach him.. But he does nto understand the law. the tabernacle and the sacrifices and how they symbolism our plight against God and the solution

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
like I said.

the law should teach him.. But he does nto understand the law. the tabernacle and the sacrifices and how they symbolism our plight against God and the solution
You have God working against Himself. God makes a law....then He sends His Son so that we can ignore it? That's your religious scheme.

The true gospel is about grace and the power to fulfill the law. Of ourselves, we are weak...and we have a sin nature that causes us to act out in the flesh.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The cross of Christ takes away that carnal power by crucifying the outer man...allowing the inner man to be free to join Christ in His resurrection life. The kingdom of God is a realm where there is peace, love and joy forever.

But most modern believer types want to believe that "accepting" Jesus' sacrifice means being immune from prosecution for disobedience to the law of God. IOW a religious loophole. A "get out of hell free" card. How? Just by a mental assent...AKA a belief about what Jesus did and one's approval of that.

Pretty lame. Especially considering the amazing power we have access to in Christ to have an intimate walk with the living God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have God working against Himself. God makes a law....then He sends His Son so that we can ignore it? That's your religious scheme.
typical response to someone who can not fathom what people say

God created the law to point us to Christ.

then Christ came to fulfill the law.

who said anything about ignoring it? Its a far cry difference between misinterpreting what it says, and ignoring it..

The true gospel is about grace and the power to fulfill the law. Of ourselves, we are weak...and we have a sin nature that causes us to act out in the flesh.
Fulfill the law?

1. You already failed
2. As long as you continue to sin, you still are failing to keep the law
3. Jesus is the only person who EVER kept the law
4. Its the reason he took the sacrifice of himself and entered the holy of holy's once and for all.

The cross of Christ takes away that carnal power by crucifying the outer man...allowing the inner man to be free to join Christ in His resurrection life. The kingdom of God is a realm where there is peace, love and joy forever.
The cross of Christ does many things

1. it completely saves those who look to it in faith, just like the Israelite's who looked to the serpent on the pole. so that they will be born again and never die.. as their sins are washed away, just like when the high priest went in once a year and every sin of Israel was forgiven (atoned for)
2. It empowers them to overcome sin. because they are not under law but under grace.
3. It gives us peace. and allows us to love, because no greater love has anyone that they gave their life for another.. We love because God first loved us. It is his sacrifice for our eternal souls that allow us to love others.. we can nto love from within ourselves apart from the cross

But most modern believer types want to believe that "accepting" Jesus' sacrifice means being immune from prosecution for disobedience to the law of God. IOW a religious loophole. A "get out of hell free" card. How? Just by a mental assent...AKA a belief about what Jesus did and one's approval of that.

Pretty lame. Especially considering the amazing power we have access to in Christ to have an intimate walk with the living God.
Like I said, the jews who died because they refused to look up to the serpent thought as you do..

You have a choice. Look to the cross and live. or reject the cross like you are doing and die.

imagine spending eternity in hell because you thought it was to easy and a loophole

I own my sin. when will you start owning and stop excusing your sin? and stop watering down the law?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.typical response to someone who can not fathom what people say

God created the law to point us to Christ.

then Christ came to fulfill the law.

who said anything about ignoring it? Its a far cry difference between misinterpreting what it says, and ignoring it..

Fulfill the law?

1. You already failed
2. As long as you continue to sin, you still are failing to keep the law
3. Jesus is the only person who EVER kept the law
4. Its the reason he took the sacrifice of himself and entered the holy of holy's once and for all.

This is going to test your reading skills to the limit and even beyond what your mind can handle....

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In your religious scheme you have Jesus fulfilling the law for us... instead of us...rather than empowering us to overcome as He did...by grace through faith.

The cross of Christ does many things

1. it completely saves those who look to it in faith, just like the Israelite's who looked to the serpent on the pole. so that they will be born again and never die.. as their sins are washed away, just like when the high priest went in once a year and every sin of Israel was forgiven (atoned for)
2. It empowers them to overcome sin. because they are not under law but under grace.
3. It gives us peace. and allows us to love, because no greater love has anyone that they gave their life for another.. We love because God first loved us. It is his sacrifice for our eternal souls that allow us to love others.. we can nto love from within ourselves apart from the cross

Like I said, the jews who died because they refused to look up to the serpent thought as you do..

You have a choice. Look to the cross and live. or reject the cross like you are doing and die.

imagine spending eternity in hell because you thought it was to easy and a loophole

I own my sin. when will you start owning and stop excusing your sin? and stop watering down the law?
A make-believe looking at a make believe cross. Do you look at a picture...or just picture a cross in your mind? Where is the power? Is it the power to convince you you are righteous for looking at a cross? It's not the pretending that saves you...its the POWER of the cross crucifying the outer man that sets you free so that you can have remission of sin (freedom from sin).

Jesus didn't look at a cross...He was crucified on it. And we need to join Him by also coming under the power of the cross..to set us free from the POWER of sin...by the POWER of the cross.

You see the power of the living God as me excusing my sin? The very thing you do by visualizing a cross and denying its power (real power...not just wishful thinking power).

Your scheme is as religious and superficial as can be.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have God working against Himself. God makes a law....then He sends His Son so that we can ignore it?

God sent His Son. (see below for the outcome)

1.) "Christ is the end of the LAW....for everyone who BELIEVES" = born again

2.) "The law is the power of SIN".... 'the power of SIN...is THE Law".

3.) "Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".... (Heretics try to put the believer back under the Law).

4.) The born again are "NOT...UNDER>..THE LAW.....but UNDER GRACE"

5.) The Law came by Moses (old testament, old covenant), but GRACE AND TRUTH came by Jesus The Christ...

= New Testamant and New Covenant

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A make-believe looking at a make believe cross

The day is coming when you are going to find out About your so called "whipping boy" and that "make believe Cross" as you sarcastically and gleefully define them on a Public (Christian) forum.

"God is not mocked".

Watch and see.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God sent His Son. (see below for the outcome)

1.) "Christ is the end of the LAW....for everyone who BELIEVES" = born again

2.) "The law is the power of SIN".... 'the power of SIN...is THE Law".

3.) "Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".... (Heretics try to put the believer back under the Law).

4.) The born again are "NOT...UNDER>..THE LAW.....but UNDER GRACE"

5.) The Law came by Moses (old testament, old covenant), but GRACE AND TRUTH came by Jesus The Christ...

= New Testamant and New Covenant
Superficial twisting of the words of the Bible....leaving out and adding in as you tailor your propagandist religious schemes.

The curse of the law is through our inability without grace to fulfill it. But Jesus came to EMPOWER us to fulfill the law as He did. How? By grace through faith.

You are trying to invent a religious scheme that denies the law, denies grace, denies the cross, and denies Christ. Instead using Jesus as a kind of Genie that you just need to rub just the right way...in your mind, of course, since there is no real connection to God in your religious imagination.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Superficial twisting of the words of the Bible....leaving out and adding in as you tailor your propagandist religious schemes.

I can understand why you would not like those verses.
As they deny everything you believe, teach, or have been taught.

The curse of the law is through our inability without grace to fulfill it.

Nonsense...

The curse of the Law, is that its the law and commandments that DEFINE YOU AS A SINNER.

They define SIN, and that is a curse to us, as its the dominion of the Law that does this to us.

This is why we go to the CROSS of Christ and find REDEMPTION from the LAW and forgiveness for our sin, that was DEFINED by the Law that is the CURSE.

See that FORGIVENESS? That is "Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW".

You are trying to invent a religious scheme that denies the law, denies grace,

The Cross is the Grace of God.

That's the Sacrifice of Jesus.

You know.,.Its that "make believe Cross" and that "whipping boy".. and you enjoy defining them... in Public.

Remember? ??????

See.......God remembers every single word.
Believe it.
And the day is coming, like i just told you.

"God IS not Mocked".

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is going to test your reading skills to the limit and even beyond what your mind can handle....

Lets see what Paul is saying there

Romans 8: 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 3: 19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

now. We already know you have a reading comprehension problem.. but when you take verses out of context to try to prove you point. You should know. Godly people test what you say and will expose you.

You want to follow the law of sin and death and think that will make you righteous.

well good luck with that.

In your religious scheme you have Jesus fulfilling the law for us... instead of us...
He did fulfill the law in us.

You can't fulfill the law. why are you not sacrificing animals for your sin if you are fulfilling the law? You have no atonement. because you reject the atonement of God.
rather than empowering us to overcome as He did...by grace through faith.
Grace through faith in him, the cross..
A make-believe looking at a make believe cross. Do you look at a picture...or just picture a cross in your mind? Where is the power? Is it the power to convince you you are righteous for looking at a cross? It's not the pretending that saves you...its the POWER of the cross crucifying the outer man that sets you free so that you can have remission of sin (freedom from sin).
man where do you come up with this stuff?

Look to the law. what did the sacrifice on the day of atonement do

what did the blood which was poured on the mercy see represent?

You need to get out of yourself and your self righteousness and thinking you can be righteous enough to earn Gods love..

Jesus didn't look at a cross...He was crucified on it.
Your right he did. So we could be forgiven. He made atonement for us.

If you could crucify yourself, then Jesus died in vien.. You have God dieing for no reason.. because you believe you can do it yourself.
And we need to join Him by also coming under the power of the cross..to set us free from the POWER of sin...by the POWER of the cross.

You see the power of the living God as me excusing my sin? The very thing you do by visualizing a cross and denying its power (real power...not just wishful thinking power).

Your scheme is as religious and superficial as can be.
I was set free from the power of sin.

But before that, I was set free from the condemnation of sin.

He who BELIEVES is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already.

why? Because Like the serpent, Jesus was hung on a cross.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suppose that people who have had no actual encounter with God, no visitation, no power, are forced to make up a religious way to have the salvation of Jesus. But to twist the words of the bible brings with it a heavy judgment.

It's best to remain humble and accept being a guest...without all the self-justification schemes.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that people who have had no actual encounter with God, no visitation, no power, are forced to make up a religious way to have the salvation of Jesus. But to twist the words of the bible brings with it a heavy judgment.

It's best to remain humble and accept being a guest...without all the self-justification schemes.
even Satan comes as an angel of light

We will not get to heaven because we had some vision or some visitation from some spiritual being

we will get to heaven because we received Gods offer of salvation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
even Satan comes as an angel of light

We will not get to heaven because we had some vision or some visitation from some spiritual being

we will get to heaven because we received Gods offer of salvation.
LOL. You put human beliefs even above the visitation of God. That in a nutshell is the sheer foolishness of your scheme. No fear of God, no humility, no respect whatsoever....just a self-interested dogmatism based on an ideology that contradicts the bible at every turn. But that's all you have...you refuse to seek...thinking you are already rich and in need of nothing. Pride goes before a fall.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

-

Episkopos said:

"""""""A make-believe looking at a make believe Cross"""""""

A.) God through Paul teaches...

"""" For the preaching of the CROSS..... is to them that perish foolishness.......; but unto us which are saved.= IT is the power of God.""""

Do you see it yet Reader?
How about you Mods?
God does.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. You put human beliefs even above the visitation of God.
No. I call you saying you were visited from God a lie because you do not even understand the words of God.

Just because you claim to be visited by God does nto make it so..

Again, satan comes as an angel of light
That in a nutshell is the sheer foolishness of your scheme. No fear of God, no humility, no respect whatsoever....just a self-interested dogmatism based on an ideology that contradicts the bible at every turn. But that's all you have...you refuse to seek...thinking you are already rich and in need of nothing. Pride goes before a fall.
You could settle it right here.

Explain the law. and How the law demanded perfection. and for those who sinned, it demanded a payment for that sin (blood)

and how you think you can be saved by the law when this is required? Apart from Christ and his blood

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I fell for human beliefs, I would follow you or the catholic church.
I am not the visitation of God. The RCC is not the visitation of God. I often witness to the things of God. You can read about Him in the bible. You can go directly to Him...no need for any temporal human conventions.

But you will have to surrender your beliefs and reach out by faith.

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not the visitation of God. The RCC is not the visitation of God. I often witness to the things of God. You can read about Him in the bible. You can go directly to Him...no need of any temporal human convention.

But you will have to surrender your beliefs and reach out by faith.
I reached out in faith over 40 years ago.

when will you?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I reached out in faith over 40 years ago.

when will you?
Obviously a misfire. :oops: You should try again..at least once every 40 years. Why are you gloating over how long you have been in error?

I was baptized into Christ by the Spirit 43 years ago...so what? I'm not about ego like you are.

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously a misfire. :oops: You should try again..at least once every 40 years. Why are you gloating over how long you have been in error?

I was baptized into Christ by the Spirit 43 years ago...so what? I'm not about ego like you are.
You were?

We both can;t have been baptized into Christ. only one of us could have been.

and what Ego?

You said I need to reach out. I just stated a fact that I already did..

Why are you so dishonest when you discuss with people?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You were?

We both can;t have been baptized into Christ. only one of us could have been.

Is that you condemning me...or yourself?
and what Ego?

People who have not been to the cross have no idea how much "self" they operate in. To them that is normal...and they judge others that way....from self.
You said I need to reach out. I just stated a fact that I already did..

LOL. Do you eat every day..or just once in 40 years? You do realize that repentance is NOT just a one time event?
Why are you so dishonest when you discuss with people?
That's my question to you. Forget the ego...forget justifying yourself. There are things about yourself you have no idea about...because you have always been that way. That's how ignorance works. Then, there are things about the kingdom of God you haven't understood yet. If you are willing and fear the Lord, He can show you.
But if you rely on your self-interested dogmatic ideological approach....you will continue as you are.