What "They" (People I Differ With) Get Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to speak out when I feel like people are in danger of being deceived and misled, but that doesn't mean I think those whose beliefs I oppose cannot know God at all--I believe Catholics, Orthodox, Unitarians, Calvinists, Arminians, etc, can all know God... I just want to bring everything back to, and discuss Scripture, because it's a solid foundation everyone can agree upon (even when later traditions--including Protestant ones--cause people to misinterpret the Scriptures) and enriching.

Catholics taught me to reverence God.
Calvinists taught me to trust God.
Orthodox remind me to be near God.
Black Hebrew Israelites remind me to obey God.

There is something "they" are getting right, though "they" may be wrong in some of their ways--Christ also said "you're doing ___ correct, but you're doing ___ incorrect" in Revelation. He acknowledges the right we do, and then He also shows where we go wrong. It's not one or the other--we do both and both are recognized.

I am enriched by our conversations even when we differ.
Thank you.

Reactions: Ziggy