What triggers the beginning of the Day of the Lord ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture disagrees. I have already shown that for those serving the beast, the trib will be peace and safety which ends when Christ returns.
No, you made a statement of your own. You did not show anything.

In Revelation 9, the locust creatures torment men for five months. But not torment men who have the seal of God in their foreheads, i.e. the saints. So those serving the beast will be tormented by the locust creatures for five months. The followers of the beast will not be saying peace and safety during that time.

Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you can read English I do not have to simplify it.
No, your English ability is not that good. It does not take much effort to make a timeline like in the example I showed in my post #27.
And Joel no doubt wrote what he saw........as I stated, the Angels SOUNDED the Trump and the Vials were POURED OUT. Here John saw VISIONS, which pointed to future events. Until you can grasp that a Seal SEALS UP the message you will not be able to grasp it.
Jesus removed the seals from the scroll - not sealed up the scroll.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you made a statement of your own. You did not show anything.

Which isn't true. I showed peace and safety happens to those serving the beast during the GT.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which isn't true. I showed peace and safety happens to those serving the beast during the GT.
No one is going to be saying peace and safety during the great tribulation. The world saying peace and safety in 1Thessalonians5 will be because it will think it has entered the messianic age. That false sense of peace and safety will be shattered when the Antichrist commits the transgression of desolation act in 2Thesslaonians2:4. The great tribulation will shortly follow.

And during the great tribulation, the followers of the beast-king (i.e. the former Antichrist), will be tormented for 5 months by the locust creatures. And also everyone taking the beast-king's mark, and upon them which worshipped his image - will suffer with a noisome (because they will be moaning in pain) and grievous sore. They will not be saying peace and safety.

Revelation 16:
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is going to be saying peace and safety during the great tribulation.

Scriptures says they will.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.(second coming reference)
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord (second coming reference) shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven (second coming reference) with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (the resurrection of the dead in Christ)
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (the rapture)

Context is the second coming.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Obviously this is the same context and so the reference to the day of the Lord here is the second coming when the resurrection and rapture take place and the wrath of God. Peace and safety exists for some before the second coming and before the second coming is the GT.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, your English ability is not that good. It does not take much effort to make a timeline like in the example I showed in my post #27.
Or maybe your comprehension is just bad. They only person I have ever seen who demands a visual timeline, lol, you are supposed to be able to understand complex issues. I think its a ruse, I think you can understand all these things without a visual timeline. There are no visual timelines in the bible right? I find it all rather amusing tbh.

Jesus removed the seals from the scroll - not sealed up the scroll.
What do you think a Seals did? Have you never studied signet seals? The reason a king sealed a message with a signet ring so he could be 100 percent sure his message was not intercepted by others. In Rev. 6 Jesus is opening up the Sealed Scroll, the SEALS...........means its SEALED !! Rev. 8 has the 7th Seal for a reason, God's Wrath falls in Rev. 8.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or maybe your comprehension is just bad. They only person I have ever seen who demands a visual timeline, lol, you are supposed to be able to understand complex issues. I think its a ruse, I think you can understand all these things without a visual timeline. There are no visual timelines in the bible right? I find it all rather amusing tbh.
When someone built the house you are living in, they did not go by just words - but also by a blueprint, construction drawings. A visual timeline, in similitude, puts all of the pieces together to show how they fit together relative to each other.

The bible gives the specifications. But it is up to us to come up with the blueprint, i.e. visual timeline.

What do you think a Seals did? Have you never studied signet seals? The reason a king sealed a message with a signet ring so he could be 100 percent sure his message was not intercepted by others. In Rev. 6 Jesus is opening up the Sealed Scroll, the SEALS...........means its SEALED !! Rev. 8 has the 7th Seal for a reason, God's Wrath falls in Rev. 8.

The scroll was sealed until Jesus opened the seals, so that it was then revealed what was inside the scroll as described in the rest of Revelation.

Study this timeline chart.

compoinets of the seven years in Revelaiton5 update .jpg

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.(second coming reference)
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord (second coming reference) shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven (second coming reference) with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (the resurrection of the dead in Christ)
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (the rapture)
Not second coming reference, but Jesus coming for the rapture/resurrection event.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Obviously this is the same context and so the reference to the day of the Lord here is the second coming when the resurrection and rapture take place and the wrath of God. Peace and safety exists for some before the second coming and before the second coming is the GT.
No, the rapture/resurrection is in 1Thessalonians5:9-11, before the day of the Lord begins, when God's wrath will be poured out.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of these timeline charts are 7 years long, day 1 to day 2520.

The first chart of the 7 seals give the overall view of the 7 years.

The timeframe components specified in Revelation fit together as shown on the second chart.

the seven seals f.jpg

compoinets of the seven years in Revelaiton5 update .jpg

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not second coming reference, but Jesus coming for the rapture/resurrection event.

No, the rapture/resurrection is in 1Thessalonians5:9-11, before the day of the Lord begins, when God's wrath will be poured out.

All done on the same day according to scripture I just posted.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind stops blowing _ over the entire planet. Imagine meteorologists scratching their heads.
, " What the heck is going on?" Likely it would be noticed quite quickly.
Rev. 7:1-3 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”

One might think, how can this be ... how could there be no harm to the earth after the first six Seals events? Because Chapter 7 is what is referred to as a parenthetical content, not in sequence with chapter six, but preceding. It is not in chronological order - it can't be. It is to say, oh btw, before any of this destructive damage is done to the earth, we will seal these 144k.
The We also see a multitude in heaven _ that no one can number _ who just came out of the Great Tribulation that apparently has partially begun. This must be the rapture.
Personally I think the events of the first four Seals could at least begin before any damage is done to the earth. As they increase and accumulate with wars, famine and pestilence, many souls may die without much damage to the earth. When God's wrath comes, at the last trumpet, then catastrophe beyond what we have ever seen is released.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind stops blowing _ over the entire planet. Imagine meteorologists scratching their heads.
, " What the heck is going on?" Likely it would be noticed quite quickly.
Rev. 7:1-3 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”

One might think, how can this be ... how could there be no harm to the earth after the first six Seals events? Because Chapter 7 is what is referred to as a parenthetical content, not in sequence with chapter six, but preceding. It is not in chronological order - it can't be. It is to say, oh btw, before any of this destructive damage is done to the earth, we will seal these 144k.
The We also see a multitude in heaven _ that no one can number _ who just came out of the Great Tribulation that apparently has partially begun. This must be the rapture.
Personally I think the events of the first four Seals could at least begin before any damage is done to the earth. As they increase and accumulate with wars, famine and pestilence, many souls may die without much damage to the earth. When God's wrath comes, at the last trumpet, then catastrophe beyond what we have ever seen is released.
Actually Rev. 7 is not a parenthetical chapter, 2 & 3 (church age) 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 is the proper chronology, then it jumps to 16. The rest of the chapters, save 20-22 are Parenthetical Citation chapters.

The wind does not stop blowing, the wind represents God's judgments, and the Rev. 8 Trumpet Judgment match what is being held up 100%.. I'll pot the KJV, I like sticking to the KJV, some people have no fav. they like to switch to what ever "seemingly" fits "their argument" not saying you do that, that's just why I stick to the KJV.

Rev. 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

{{ So, AFTER THESE THINGS means after the 6 Seals have been opened but BEFORE the 7th Seal which opens the scroll of God's wrath. Jesus opens the Seals are Prophesies what the coming Beast rule will be when he goes forth conquering, White = by a fake Peace, Red means by War, Black means his rule brings Famine. Pale-green means his rule over 42 months brings Sickness/Death & the Grave. Then he kills the Gentile who become Christians during the 70th week. In the 6th Seal Jesus prophesies about his soon to come wrath. BUT..........in between this time and the 1260 (Wrath) God has to get the 1/3 to repent. Zechariah 13:8-9 proves this 100% we see the 1/3 repent, then in the very next vs. (Zech. 14:1) the DOTL arrives. So, in between the sixth (6th) Seal and the 7th Seal which brings God's Wrath in Rev. 8, the coming Two-witnesses show up to turn Israel back unto God (Malachi 4:5) they do so 1335 days before Jesus' Second Coming which ends all of these wonders Daniel saw in Dan. 11:36-45. The 1335 happens 75 days before the 1260 middle of the week Wrath falls. What does the First Four Trumps Hurt? The Trees, the Earth & the Seas, so now we can understand the Angels hold back the Wrath of God until the 144,000 or ALL Israel repent, then flee into the protected Petra/Bozrah area. Of course the 144, 000 is merely a CODE just as the 10 Virgins are. 12 = Fulness and 10 = Completeness so 12 x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10 is God SCREAMING this is ALL Israel who repents. }}

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

So, here in each tribe we get 1000 x 12 or 10 x 12000, he numbers still signify 10 x 12 in each case.

It is fairly clear to me that the four winds are God's judgments. God will not allow Judgment to hit until the Two-witnesses get 1/3 (about 5 million Jews) to repent.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1Thessalonians5, the Day of the Lord begins suddenly, like a thief in the night, unexpected, at a time when the world is saying peace and safety.

In 2Thesslaion2:4, the Day of the Lord begins when the son of perdition goes into the temple sits and claims to have achieved God-hood. The transgression of desolation act of Daniel 8:13-14.

So WHAT TRIGGERS THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY OF LORD ?

It will be when the Antichrist, in his stage as the King of Israel, thought-to-be messiah by the Jews, unexpectedly and without warning stops the daily sacrifice of the two lambs, and goes into the temple, to be built following the Gog/Magog event - and sits in the Holy of Holies chamber - reserved for God - and claims himself to have achieved God-hood.

Uh... NOPE!

How can you treat 1 Thessalonians 5 like that when Apostle Paul declared on that "day of the Lord" that will come "as a thief in the night" WILL INCLUDE THE "SUDDEN DESTRUCTION" upon the deceived on that day??

1 Thess 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, "Peace and safety"; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
KJV

Not only that, but YOU also are DENYING the very 2 Peter 3:10 Scripture which Peter gave also about that "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief in the night"!

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
KJV

Why would you LIE... against those Bible Scriptures by claiming that "day of the Lord" happens PRIOR to the "great tribulation"??

The "day of the Lord" happens on the FINAL DAY of this present world when Jesus comes, AFTER the "great tribulation" like Jesus Himself showed in Matthew 24:29-31.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh... NOPE!

How can you treat 1 Thessalonians 5 like that when Apostle Paul declared on that "day of the Lord" that will come "as a thief in the night" WILL INCLUDE THE "SUDDEN DESTRUCTION" upon the deceived on that day??

1 Thess 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, "Peace and safety"; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
KJV

Not only that, but YOU also are DENYING the very 2 Peter 3:10 Scripture which Peter gave also about that "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief in the night"!

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
KJV

Why would you LIE... against those Bible Scriptures by claiming that "day of the Lord" happens PRIOR to the "great tribulation"??

The "day of the Lord" happens on the FINAL DAY of this present world when Jesus comes, AFTER the "great tribulation" like Jesus Himself showed in Matthew 24:29-31.
The beginning of the eternal day of the Lord starts when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to have achieved God-hood.

The great tribulation begins not shorty thereafter and is within the eternal day of the Lord, as the first segment. The second segment if the thousand year reign of Christ on earth. The third segment is destruction of this present earth, then the great white throne judgment, then the new heaven, new earth, new Jerusalem.

the day of the Lord.jpg

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beginning of the eternal day of the Lord starts when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to have achieved God-hood.

The great tribulation begins not shorty thereafter and is within the eternal day of the Lord, as the first segment. The second segment if the thousand year reign of Christ on earth. The third segment is destruction of this present earth, then the great white throne judgment, then the new heaven, new earth, new Jerusalem.

Your chart means nothing since it fails to align with Bible Scripture. The "great tribulation" happens PRIOR to the "day of the Lord".

What you are pushing is man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory. It is going to get you in trouble with Lord Jesus if you keep following that false doctrine, because God's Word shows the Antichrist comes first before Jesus does (2 Thess.2).