What was the reason or happenstance that lead you to choosing to believe in the God of the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would like to read perhaps a short story by anyone willingly to share there happenstance that lead them to choosing to have faith in the God of the Bible.

Thank you in advance,
Matthew

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No excuses! Before I was age 32, I had never read or owned a Bible. No one in the home where I lived with my mother and stepfather while growing up ever read the Bible, even though there was always one in the house.

When God called my wife and I to Him in 1976 I started reading the Bible for the first time in my life. For many years I had heard from people outside my home that the Bible was true, but I never opened it and began reading it for myself until I was age 32. Now I read it every day...

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My parents gave me a bible at 11 years old when I started my secondary school - the school required it but I never could understand anything in it although I had been sent to Sunday school from a small child. Anyway many years later with three children of my own we approached the local vicar to Christen the youngest. I thought that would be it - make an appointment and turn up on the day. But no, this vicar wanted to get to know a bit about us so came for a visit. He left us with a copy of 'Journey Into Life' - still available = and i read it and realised that all the years I thought I was a Christian I actually was just a churchgoer. I've never looked back. Best thing I ever did was to read that booklet and take it to heart and say the prayer.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus