What did you learn this Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I learned something like Abraham gave up His life for God's plan for His life. To let go of what you think your life should be like, your understanding and agenda and let God lead you into the life He has planned for you. So I think of it like me, when I think I want to be friends with certain people or to talk to certain people and if I feel the Holy Spirit is telling me not to or it's just not going to happen, to just let go, and to let God lead me to the people and friendships I should have and would like also. There can be many good people out there but not everyone is for you and there can be reasons that is so.

Will you share what you've learned this Sunday and possibly how it impacted you? Thanks and God bless.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This Sunday 5/11, was the ' International Day of Prayer for the Perscuted Church ' always a challenging day as the speaker talks about persecution durring his sermon.
What struck me was he'd met with escapees from North Korea and asked how could we best pray for them. He was told, " Pray that we remain faithful. "

The evening service was at our sister church where with a number of other churches we celebrated 30 years of the schools workers. The Trust has 5 Christian teachers who go into schools in our county and take RE lessons, school assembles, run lunch time and after school. Bible clubs and training courses for teachers to help them understand Christianity.

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you share what you've learned this Sunday and possibly how it impacted you?
I learned the A/V system and Zoom keep finding new ways to get screwed-up and I need to get to church earlier to get that stuff tech'ed-out before the service starts.

I'll have to look at the recording to see what the pastor's sermon was actually about. Oh yeah. Something about "thankfulness".

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I learned that we should be a living water for other people who are thirsty or desperate and it starts with only a trickle of living water and then becomes a lot. Something like that. I kind of had other thoughts on my mind and I didn't end up listening properly so I want to watch the video again.
Any others? How come so little on this thread?

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I learned "The Lord is my shephard, I lack nothing." That if you truly make Jesus your Lord, you will have all you need because you bear His name and He has to take care of those who bear His name for His name's sake, and He will provide for your needs, protect you and give you peace. And a reminder that "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." To read the Word of God, the Holy bible.

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I learned "The Lord is my shephard, I lack nothing." That if you truly make Jesus your Lord, you will have all you need because you bear His name and He has to take care of those who bear His name for His name's sake, and He will provide for your needs, protect you and give you peace. And a reminder that "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." To read the Word of God, the Holy bible.
I want to explain myself as this looks bad on me, that the anti-psychotic medication I'm still on causes me a lack of motivation so that I didn't read the bible more clearly the second time so it's not that I'm unfaithful or so I didn't consider it as that but I guess the matter of fact is that if you haven't gotten the Word of God clear then you will suffer the consequences, which got me thinking, why don't you withdraw from the anti-psychotic medication by now? it seems to be that, that is the direction God is giving me after I will soon be off the benzo and then I can finally walk uphill in the valley. For those of you who don't know, it wasn't the anti-psychotic medication that stopped the worrying I had from feelings of extraordinary anxiety and constriction of the head and feeling like my blood vessel might burst, it was a natural supplement of vitamins and minerals for the brain that stopped the source, the worrying and then released everything else.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who don't know, it wasn't the anti-psychotic medication that stopped the worrying I had from feelings of extraordinary anxiety and constriction of the head and feeling like my blood vessels might burst, it was a natural supplement of vitamins and minerals for the brain that stopped the source, the worrying and then released everything else.
So you're free from crippling anxiety? Free at last? That's wonderful! :pray:

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What did you learn this Sunday?​

1 That Sunday is the 1st day of the week.
2 That my lawn needed mowing but the ocean looked too good so I took the boat out instead.
3 That darkness loved is not compatible with light and finds it highly offensive.
4 That hiding from others is easy if one employs denial but hiding from oneself cannot be done when the light is switched on.

That making 5 points is one too many :Broadly:

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sharing insights from Sunday's teachings not only fosters community and spiritual growth but also enhances our understanding of faith through diverse perspectives. Your post beautifully underscores the value of continuous learning and reflection, creating an inspiring platform for believers to engage in meaningful discussions about their spiritual journeys. Similarly, seeking assistance from services like physics paper help ensures a thorough understanding and application of complex concepts, promoting academic growth in parallel with spiritual enrichment

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't go to a church gathering last Sunday as I am very much dependent on my son to take me and his shifts weren't compatible last week. But I learned about grace from my daily devotional reading in Ephesians. Just as God shows his grace to us so we too need to be gracious to those around us.

• Love

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reminded that I should not only be praising during my time of exile and into captivity in Babylon but set up a home, plant gardens, multiply, and pray for peace and prosperity. God is sovereign and at the right time and when we seek Him with all our hearts we will find Him and He will pull us out of captivity.

• Love

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another Sunday I was unable to go to a fellowship meeting but I read my bible and learned to appreciate every blessing God has given me.