What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you see the hypocrisy?

Num 15:32
And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
Num 15:33
And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

Just saying..
Hugs
The order was given by the law of GOD given to moses .
There was no hyprocrisy when they brought that man before the tribunal to be judged .
If any was found there were to be brought before moses and the elders .
Certain sins were punishable by death under the law .
THERE is a reason i say this . wait for it . just wait for it ziggy .
Several things .
IF by two or three witnesses a man could be put to death under the law
HOW MUCH WORSE YOU THINK ITS GONNA BE FOR THOSE WHO TROD JESUS UNDER FOOT .
That be something to ponder on before anyone picks up incluisive sin accepting many path accepting junk .
Number two . WE ARE NO LONGER to JUDGE , BY THE LETTER OF THE LAW . oh we judge , just not by the letter of the law .
AND JESUS showed us all something too .
LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN cast the first stone .
No man can put to death another for all have sinned . JESUS did show us all something .
But dont let the seeker friendly take folks far to the other side either .
FOR THEY say JUDGE NOT , IF ONE SIMPLY CORRECTS one . AND THAT BE TOTAL DUNG DOO DOO . its false
and it cometh not of GOD . WE ARE TO CORRECT
and we are to seperate company from any and from all who use the name of JESUS and yet walk in their sin .
What we dont do , is CONDMEN , aka PUT TO DEATH the one who sins , WE CORRECT and we do seperate
we just dont kill anyone . NEVER LET THE INCLUSIVE JUDGE NOT steal ones heart away to a lie

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! The moral aspect of the law is written on our hearts. The law on our heart and mind is the love of the Spirit, not the letter of the law. This is why Paul tells us that the new covenant is a covenant of the Spirit, and not of the letter in 2 Corinthians 3:6-9.

2 Corinthians 3:6 - who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.
And yet
and yet seeker friendly all inclusive is doing something else and calling evil love .
The law was glorious indeed and yet i see sins getting accepted and overlooked and embraced within
MANY a church . and worse still i see something , a love , OF THE WORLD NOT GOD ,
seeming to also imply mulims , jews , etc and etc DONT Have to believe on JESUS CHRIST
that anyones religion and mindset is fine , just love hug and dont correct , well unless its biblical truth THEY try
to CORRECT that NON STOP .
Ever get the feeling a very STRONG DELUSOIN , meant to NOW UNIFY THE WORLD AND HER RELIGOINS
as one IS HERE AND ON THE MOVE . THEY CALL IT LOVE , OOPSY . boy do we got us some mega
problems going on down here within christendom .
THEY hammer at me , just for saying and remiding NON STOP
that all religoins are false , THAT WE MUST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . They call me a judger
a hater , one who loves not . BUT TELL ME THIS MAIL MAN DAN
do you really THINK on the DAY OF JESUS , that i am gonna be told
HEY HATER , HEY JUDGE , WHY DID YOU ALWAYS TRY AND MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE THEY HAD TO BELIEVE ON ME
CONFESS ME
NO SIR . THEY ALL GONNA BE DAMNED mail man dan . ALL WHO TAUGHT , WHO ALLOWED
JESUS and the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM , TO BE TROD UNDER FOOT for a false love that will never save a one of them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But everyone was supposed to be resting Friend.
How is it they "found" a man, when they should of been in their own tents?
That's where I see the hypocrisy.
They broke one law to keep another all for the sake of killing, another law, thou shalt not.
So, you broke the law therefore we can break the law too.

I get it.
Hugs

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They broke one law to keep another all for the sake of killing, another law, thou shalt not.

I get it.
Hugs
Perhaps they had a certain distance they could walk
it does use the term a SABBATH days journey . so i just thought maybe they ;perhaps did have some amount of feet
they could walk .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I get it.
Hugs
They could walk a certain distance . they just could not WORK , gather on the sabbath .
I mean look at all the examples even in the new test .
It often uses the words A SABBATH DAYS JOURNEY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I get it.
Hugs
The jews falsely accused JESUS of breaking the sabbath . DID you know HE never once broke it .
THEY were angry even at the man who was healed and said to him
there are six days on which to be healed , COME ON ONE OF THEM .
YET healing nor circumsizing was BREAKING the sabbath .
I know many teachers who try and say JESUS Did break the sabbath . BUT HE DID NOT .
IT was they WHO HONORED NOT the SON or THE SABBATH . JESUS IS THE LORD OF THE SABBATH .
notice also WHILE JESUS was with them the apostels also DID NOT FAST
WHY . HOW can the children fast while the BRIDEGROOM is with them . BUT the days will COME
when HE WILL be taken from them . THEN they will fast in those days .
JESUS never broke sabbath . TRUTH IS
HE CAME TO GIVE THE TRUE REST OF GOD . TODAY , TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION .
COME YE UNTO ME all WHO DO LABOR and are weary ......................
NOTICE what it says about the sabbath . ITS FOR men and etc so they can rest .
AND YET , AND YET SOMETHING MUCH LARGER was at work
COME YE UNTO ME , ALL YOU WHO DO LABOR and are WEARY and ye shall find rest for YOUR SOULS .
JESUS CHRIST . POINT TO HE AND HE ALONE till the last breath ziggy . TODAY IS THE DAY ..................OF SALVATION
the DAY wherein all who do come unto HIM shall enter into HIS REST . the REST OF GOD
GIVEN unto men . PAUL SPOKE OF THIS when writing in hebrews . ALL ABOUT BELIEF IN , FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They could walk a certain distance . they just could not WORK , gather on the sabbath .
I mean look at all the examples even in the new test .
It often uses the words A SABBATH DAYS JOURNEY .
Exo 16:29
See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

It changes through time.
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 16:29
See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

It changes through time.
Hugs
not really my dear friend . they could still walk a short distance . This was simply meaning Not to work , to gather
the manna on said day . but they could still walk a short distance .
Anway , THE KEY THING IS , WE GOTTA POINT TO THE KING
\and when paul was writing to the hebrews , ELLIE WHITE and many HAD IT WRONG .
HE WAS POINTING TO FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST , TO ENTER INTO THAT REST .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now carry that commandment to the abiding in him.

Jhn 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

You know I can't resist.. :D
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Hugs

for without HIM , we can DO NOTHING .
cept one thing . FALL FAR SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD . yep .
all we can do without CHRIST , FALLS FAR SHORT OF THE GLORY , the righteousness of GOD .
ALL WE CAN apart from CHRIST , IS FAIL . HE be the only goodness this lamb truly has . The only
righteousness this lamb truly has , and in HE ALONE is this lamb jusified . and that BE A FACT ZIGGY .
but it aint just me , ITS ALL FOLKS . ER ONE NEEDS TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST . THERE IS NO SALVATION
outside that name . NOR would any love that cometh of GOD try and make the road to GOD BROAD either .
ITS JESUS CHRIST ziggy , ITS FAITH IN HIM , OR ITS ALL VAIN . a fact that truly is .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hugs

a real simple reminder for us all .
IF JESUS said it , GOD SAID IT .
GOD testified ON THE SON , not any other religion and good works . GOD TESTIFIED OF JESUS CHRIST .
CAUSE GOD had long pre determined HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD .
and a hint , IT WASNT GONNA BE MAN WITH SOME KIND OF LOVE THAT WOULD SAVE HIMSELF .
IT WAS PREDETERMINED BY GOD HIMSELF , THAT JESUS CHRIST WOULD BE THE SAVOIR .
NOW GOD PREDETERMINED THAT
NOW GOD PREDETERMINED HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD
BY THE PREACHING OF THAT GOSPEL and that all who would believe WOULD BE SAVED .
I Tell us all , THIS INCLUSIVE LOVE STUFF IS A LIE FROM THE DRAGON and it wont be saving a one of them .
but , BY GRACE I DO KNOW WHO CAN SAVE , SO BY GRACE ITS HE ALONE I WILL POINT TOO NO MATTER
HOW MUCH I GET CALLED A HATER FOR DOING SO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hugs

ZIGGY , some of our own church peoples treat me like i am a monster
cause i wont budge . cause i do say all other religoins are false and that the only way to be saved
IS TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
but am i really a monster .............................GO to the bible and see WHAT JESUS SAID
GO to the bible and you see what paul and others said . THE SAME THINGS .
they gave NO FALSE HOPE . IT WAS JESUS and no other hope they preached .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ZIGGY , some of our own church peoples treat me like i am a monster
cause i wont budge . cause i do say all other religoins are false and that the only way to be saved
IS TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
but am i really a monster .............................GO to the bible and see WHAT JESUS SAID
GO to the bible and you see what paul and others said . THE SAME THINGS .
they gave NO FALSE HOPE . IT WAS JESUS and no other hope they preached .
I don't believe your a monster friend, lol
You just come over stronger than some.
Sometimes I do forget about the "severity" of God.
I tend to lean towards the more merciful, peaceful side.

Paul said he could come to the people in two manners:
1Co 4:18
Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
1Co 4:19
But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
1Co 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
1Co 4:21
What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

Psa 23:1
[[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regard to Isaiah 66:22-23, this simply teaches that from month to month and from week to week, God’s people will worship Him.

And I'm sure you came to that conclusion all by your lonesome, right?

Sorry, Dan (Hi, glad to see ya, btw :waves:), but that's stuff that is taught by folks who have lots of time on their hands and an anti-Sabbatarian ax to grind.

Where do you think the concept of the "week" came from? The Hebrew word for "week"—shebuah—isn't even used in Isaiah 66.

Shabbath is used 108 times and always means "Sabbath."

Shebuah 20 times; always means "week"

It's also just more false twisting of Scripture that virtually nobody bothered to do pre-Internet.

Your grandparents and their pastor didn't believe any of this junk.

Years ago, I used to do religious surveys door-to-door. They were strictly soft-sell questionnaire visits to seek and evaluate interests.

Once in a while we'd come upon "mainstream" devout Christians who'd invite us in and try to convert us. We'd discuss differing interpretations regarding the law and the Sabbath, but none of this weird anti-4th commandment junk ever came up—EVER.

It was always a Saturday vs. Sunday talk and, of course, it never got as heated as it does on the net.

There were a few who would get into the "law vs. grace" business but that usually only happened when they could see we weren't buying Sunday because, back then, the works-based "rest" faux paradox was still considered kind of a stretch—for laypeople, at least.

Colossians 2 and Romans 14 never came up.

2 Corinthians 3 and Hebrews 4 - completely MIA.

Folks who believe that the 4th commandment has been dissolved or that sin isn't the transgression of the Ten Commandments law are being had by the devil, Dan.

That's harsh stuff and a bitter pill to swallow, no doubt, but one day very soon we're all (sadly, for some, I'm afraid) going to have to look that fact square in the eye. It's just gonna happen. The whole world is going to insist on it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will all be blessed for worshiping God.
Why?
Because God is not interested in the day of the week you do it...>He's only interested in the fact that you do., Reader.

...unless, Reader, He didn't really mean what He said in 2 Timothy 3:16, which was written when all the Bible anyone had was the Old Testament.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The order was given by the law of GOD given to moses .
There was no hyprocrisy when they brought that man before the tribunal to be judged .
Certain sins were punishable by death under the law .
THERE is a reason i say this . wait for it . just wait for it ziggy .
Several things .
IF by two or three witnesses a man could be put to death under the law
HOW MUCH WORSE YOU THINK ITS GONNA BE FOR THOSE WHO TROD JESUS UNDER FOOT .
That be something to ponder on before anyone picks up incluisive sin accepting many path accepting junk .
Number two . WE ARE NO LONGER to JUDGE , BY THE LETTER OF THE LAW . oh we judge , just not by the letter of the law .
AND JESUS showed us all something too .
LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN cast the first stone .
No man can put to death another for all have sinned . JESUS did show us all something .
But dont let the seeker friendly take folks far to the other side either .
FOR THEY say JUDGE NOT , IF ONE SIMPLY CORRECTS one . AND THAT BE TOTAL DUNG DOO DOO . its false
and it cometh not of GOD . WE ARE TO CORRECT
and we are to seperate company from any and from all who use the name of JESUS and yet walk in their sin .
What we dont do , is CONDMEN , aka PUT TO DEATH the one who sins , WE CORRECT and we do seperate
we just dont kill anyone . NEVER LET THE INCLUSIVE JUDGE NOT steal ones heart away to a lie

Baloney and bluster.

You never admit when you're just wrong.

• Sad

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo

Puppy dog sad face is not going to work this time.

You can say what you like about me, but a slanderous portrayal of a fellowship of 22 million mostly harmless souls as being, in a general sense, guilty of "RAINBOW INCLUSIVITY" is not going to get any concession from me.

You know little to nothing about Seventh-day Adventism, and you ought to have enough Christian integrity to stop pretending otherwise.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm sure you came to that conclusion all by your lonesome, right?
Sorry, Dan (Hi, glad to see ya, btw :waves:), but that's stuff that is taught by folks who have lots of time on their hands and an anti-Sabbatarian ax to grind.

Where do you think the concept of the "week" came from? The Hebrew word for "week"—shebuah—isn't even used in Isaiah 66.

Shabbath is used 108 times and always means "Sabbath."

Shebuah 20 times; always means "week"

It's also just more false twisting of Scripture that virtually nobody bothered to do pre-Internet.

Your grandparents and their pastor didn't believe any of this junk.

Years ago, I used to do religious surveys door-to-door. They were strictly soft-sell questionnaire visits to seek and evaluate interests.

Once in a while we'd come upon "mainstream" devout Christians who'd invite us in and try to convert us. We'd discuss differing interpretations regarding the law and the Sabbath, but none of this weird anti-4th commandment junk ever came up—EVER.

It was always a Saturday vs. Sunday talk and, of course, it never got as heated as it does on the net.

There were a few who would get into the "law vs. grace" business but that usually only happened when they could see we weren't buying Sunday because, back then, the works-based "rest" faux paradox was still considered kind of a stretch—for laypeople, at least.

Colossians 2 and Romans 14 never came up.

2 Corinthians 3 and Hebrews 4 - completely MIA.

That's harsh stuff and a bitter pill to swallow, no doubt, but one day very soon we're all (sadly, for some, I'm afraid) going to have to look that fact square in the eye. It's just gonna happen. The whole world is going to insist on it.

Hi Barney. For me it's not about having an anti-Sabbatarian ax to grind. It's about refuting a "different" gospel that culminates in "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works." (Galatians 1:6-9) Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on the Church/Christians under the new covenant. (Colossians 2:16-17)

If sabbath day observance is still required today, then so would the burnt offerings that went along with them. (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13) So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath. (Exodus 35:3) Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath. (Exodus 16:29) No trading. (Amos 8:5) No marketing. (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19) These were commanded by God to Israel.

If keeping the weekly sabbath day is still in effect today, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the Lord commanded in regard to it? According to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people. Who is going to enforce that?

Are you trusting in keeping the sabbath day for salvation? Our sabbatismos rest is found in Christ (Hebrews 4:9) in contrast with keeping the weekly sabbath day under the law. (Exodus 31:16-17; 35:1-3; Deuteronomy 15:1-22)

Things have changed under the new covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:6-9; Hebrews 8:13)

Folks who believe that the 4th commandment has been dissolved or that sin isn't the transgression of the Ten Commandments law are being had by the devil, Dan.
Colossians 2:16 - Therefore, no one is to act as your judge in regard to food and drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon, or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are only a shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. Nobody except Jesus has flawlessly obeyed the 10 commandments and is without sin. Those who trust in their best efforts to obey the 10 commandments as the means of receiving salvation instead of by faith, trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation are being had by the devil. (Romans 4:5-6; 10:1-4; Philippians 3:9)

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, so you love God, so how do you show it? By obeying or disobeying His Commandments, think it through..
Did you have a real response, or just throwing rocks?

You should think this through!

Love and Trust. Rest in Christ, the true spiritual rest, rather than a material observance to keep you right with God.

Much love!