What will the two witnesses eat during the GT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Brothertom said:
The dietary Laws of Moses are healthier, no doubt....but by observing them, it does nothing with your standing with God.
Perhaps we suffer also from two different mindsets concerning what you call "standing" with God.

My position of "standing" is this:

1) Dead man walking.
2) Carcass dragged before the throne.
3) Right eye plucked out by an hasty eagle.
4) Right shoulder and arm torn off by a she-bear robbed of her cubs.
5) Belly burst open by a leopard with four heads like the four rivers.
6) Chest plate of iron cleaved and spread apart by a lion-like man of the heart.
7) Then the One on the throne removed the headstone of my heart for to circumcise it.

And there were great shouts of Grace! Grace to it!

If therefore those "beastly natures" have now been purged out, melted away, and refined out of my holy city, then why on earth would I desire to begin the process all over again by once again consuming the souls of other living creatures whether speaking literally or symbolically? My standing is dead man, carcass dragged before the throne, heart removed, circumcised, placed back into its cavity alive, mortal body quickened to finish running the race, whole man raised up in Messiah Yeshua.
:)

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
daq said:
Only those things falling under kashrut are even considered to be "food" in that sense of the word. Anything not falling under kashrut is not even considered "food" or called "food" because it is called abominable and is to be held in abomination, (continuing status). So it is likewise with blood; what you might call "fish blood" is technically not even considered "blood" because fish are not, and do not have, a "nephesh-chayah" living soul. This is revealed initially by the fact that the sea life was created in the fifth day rather than the sixth day with man and the beasts of the earth. The only sea life stated to have "living souls" are the taniynim-gadolim, ("sea monsters", "large sea life", "great serpents", "great sea beasts", "great whales" etc., etc.,). This means that those large sea creatures such as whales, sharks, dolphins, porpoises, seals, walruses, etc., etc., (mostly those with SKINS) are the greater sea creatures which have living souls. The order of the creation is therefore once again shown to be perfect because these creatures obviously cannot come up onto the land and harvest wheat to make bread, or eat grass and herbs in the field, and therefore the Creator made lesser "food" in the waters for them to consume. However, the "food" which Elohim made for the great sea creatures DOES NOT HAVE A LIVING NEPHESH-SOUL which would then have to die so that the larger aggressor might eat. And that food which the Most High has provided for the greater sea creatures are the lesser FISH which have no soul and therefore technically do not have blood. In support of this premise Rashi states that there are two kinds of "blood" which are exempt from the blood prohibition, (meaning that their "blood" does not need to be properly "drained" according to kosher-kashrut dietary law) and those two types are the blood of fish and the blood of locusts:

Leviticus 7:26-27 with Rashi's Commentary:

26. And you shall not eat any blood in any of your dwelling places, whether from birds or from animals.
Rashi: [And you shall not eat any blood…] whether from birds or from animals: Excluded [from this prohibition is] the blood of fish and locusts. — [Torath Kohanim 7:143]

in any of your dwelling places: Since this prohibition [of eating blood] is an obligation relevant to a person, rather than being dependent on land, it applies to all dwelling places [of the Jews, whether in Israel or outside of it]. [But one might think it obvious that since it is a personal obligation, it would apply anywhere, as is indeed the rule. So why should it be stated here?] In Tractate Kiddushin, chapter one (37b), it is explained why this is necessary to be stated.
27. Any person who eats any blood, that soul shall be cut off from its people.
http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9908/jewish/Chapter-7.htm

So you see it basically boils down to your "punctuation" of what was stated to Noah . . .
Or one could eat only what the Master either provided or ate himself when it comes to physical meats. :)
PS ~ Retrobyter here is a little more from The Way, that is, the "Damascus" of the Essene Ekklesia at Qumran, ("the city of the Damascenes"). Notice that "the living creature that moveth in the waters" is not treated the same as fish which have no soul and therefore may be eaten:

FRAGMENTS OF A ZADOKITE WORK
also known as
The Damascus Document
Translated by R. H Charles in R. H. Charles, ed., The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament in English, vol. 2: Pseudepigrapha (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1913): pp. 799-834.
http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/zadokite.html

14 12- 16. Laws as to unclean Foods and Causes of Uncleanness.

12 No man shall make himself abominable with any living creature or creeping thing, by eating of them: or of the defilements of bees or of any living creature that moveth in the waters. 13 Nor shall fish be eaten unless they were split alive and their blood was shed. 14 But all the locusts after their kind shall come into fire or into water whilst they are still living, for this is the manner of their creation.

Edited by Diane Morgan
for the
Wesley Center for Applied Theology at Northwest Nazarene University
© Copyright 2000 by the Wesley Center for Applied Theology

Text may be freely used for personal or scholarly purposes or mirrored on other web sites, provided the notice below the horizontal line is left intact. Any use of this material for commercial purposes of any kind is strictly forbidden without the express permission of the Wesley Center at Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, ID 83686.

Isaiah 1:9-18 KJV
9. Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
10. Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
11. To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13. Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
16. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17. Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Romans 9:27-29 KJV
27. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
28. For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
29. And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.