What wisdom is this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, [16] To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

What is this "revelation" of Paul we are supposed to see??
I don't see Jesus is Paul..
show me..
Show me the works Jesus did through Paul..
Because I can't see it.
Thank you

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this "revelation" of Paul we are supposed to see??
I don't see Jesus is Paul..
show me..
Show me the works Jesus did through Paul..
Because I can't see it.
Thank you
Paul wrote nearly half the NT. What are your credentials?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote nearly half the NT. What are your credentials?
Lots of people write books..
and Rome incorporated Paul's letters. Not so many Peter's, but lots of Paul's.
Just saying..

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of people write books..
and Rome incorporated Paul's letters. Not so many Peter's, but lots of Paul's.
Just saying..
The Books that Paul wrote are in the Bible. You know, the Book that Christians believe in? Are there any books in the Bible you believe in?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm looking at it coming from his teachings, his wisdom, that he recieved at the feet of a Pharisee in those days.
We were warned of the leaven.. the puffing up, the which Paul himself said a thorn was given him lest he become too
proud. Jesus said He would build His church on Peter. On the other hand you have Paul, building His followers, his church. You are "OUR" epistle... no we are God's epistle.. and many such other things where he makes himself more than the message. That's what concerns me.

I understand Paul is going into rough territory. And I'm sure he has to wrestle his own thoughts from what he has learned
to what he is learning.. and maybe that's what I'm seeing play out. Even he admits he is having a battle between the inner man and the flesh.
O wretched man that I am... I think we can all relate to that at times.

I saw your highlight.. this is what I hear:

Quote: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. [20] And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; [21] To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. [22] To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. [23] And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

I suppose Paul is made the fisherman that disciples were told to be. I will make you fishers of men.
But he uses camouflage as bait.

to them that are under the law, to them that are without the law.... but not without law to God...but under law to Christ
so Here Paul is making a seperation between law to God and law to Christ... are there 2 different entities with laws?
I'm not the double minded one here.. Paul makes it divided..

you all take those two verses.. all by itself start a thread.. see how many come from different opinions on it..
Do it.. really do it...
Verse 20 and 21...

I'm going to do it... Just for curiosity.. how many divisions there will be with just those 2 verses alone.

Hugs
VictoryInJesus
Thank You

can see your point on “that I might gain” ...sounds bad yeah? Like a sour taste but (realize we have different opinions here) I do not hear it as sour. Not with
Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

with 1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Luke 9:24-25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. [25] For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

That I might gain...gain what? Not sure why the bitterness towards Paul or where it is coming from. Wadr...if you want reasons to hang Paul then you’ll surely find it. Yes, a thorn was given and I would agree it was to keep pride from rising up. But hopefully we all have been given a thorn in the flesh (crucified)where God’s grace is sufficient ...Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 2 Corinthians 3:5

That I might gain...could it be ‘gain those things that belong to Jesus Christ’ as ‘our mouth is open to you, our heart is enlarged’ Philippians 2:19-22 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state. [20] For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. [21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. [22] But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

See even in verse 22 one could say ‘as a son to a father’ has served me in the gospel is puffed up and arrogant ...but what if there is another perspective? “For all seek their own and not the things which are Jesus Christ’s” and as Jesus Christ sought not his own glory but that of The Father...you know the proof of the one I’m sending in his serving as: a son serves a father. Does this not manifest the relationship between the Son and His Father. Or ...everything could just be rotten if we are already convince it is rotten. I don’t know what else to say. We definitely see Paul differently ... not saying you are wrong but only sharing my thoughts on the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
can see your point on “that I might gain” ...sounds bad yeah? Like a sour taste but (realize we have different opinions here) I do not hear it as sour. Not with
Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

with 1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Luke 9:24-25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. [25] For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

That I might gain...gain what? Not sure why the bitterness towards Paul or where it is coming from. Wadr...if you want reasons to hang Paul then you’ll surely find it. Yes, a thorn was given and I would agree it was to keep pride from rising up. But hopefully we all have been given a thorn in the flesh (crucified)where God’s grace is sufficient ...Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 2 Corinthians 3:5

That I might gain...could it be ‘gain those things that belong to Jesus Christ’ as ‘our mouth is open to you, our heart is enlarged’ Philippians 2:19-22 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state. [20] For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. [21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. [22] But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

See even in verse 22 one could say ‘as a son to a father’ has served me in the gospel is puffed up and arrogant ...but what if there is another perspective? “For all seek their own and not the things which are Jesus Christ’s” and as Jesus Christ sought not his own glory but that of The Father...you know the proof of the one I’m sending in his serving as: a son serves a father. Does this not manifest the relationship between the Son and His Father. Or ...everything could just be rotten if we are already convince it is rotten. I don’t know what else to say. We definitely see Paul differently ... not saying you are wrong but only sharing my thoughts on the topic.
@VictoryinJesus Paul's authority to write the Epistle is clearly given, often at the start of the Epistles. He was a truly outstanding, devoted servant of the Lord.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a story about Balaam and Balak. I did a little on that a while ago.
Balaam was a prophet but his intentions was to be on the good side of Balak. He didn't want to get him ahem,, upset.
When Balak told Balaam to curse Israel.. he couldn't do it. I think he was going to do something, but God put an angel in fromt of the ass and made him open up his eyes..
Sometimes people are unwilling and yet have to do what they're told.
I agree with a lot that Paul writes.. there are however a few things I feel creep in there time to time, that makes one go hmmm.
Thats not what the OT says.. If you can't verify by the Law or the Testimony of Jesus.. it's not supposed to be in there.
reproof..
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

a proof, that by which a thing is proved or tested

to the law and to the testimony..
Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
Isa 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
Isa 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a story about Balaam and Balak. I did a little on that a while ago.
Balaam was a prophet but his intentions was to be on the good side of Balak. He didn't want to get him ahem,, upset.
When Balak told Balaam to curse Israel.. he couldn't do it. I think he was going to do something, but God put an angel in fromt of the ass and made him open up his eyes..
Sometimes people are unwilling and yet have to do what they're told.
I agree with a lot that Paul writes.. there are however a few things I feel creep in there time to time, that makes one go hmmm.
Thats not what the OT says.. If you can't verify by the Law or the Testimony of Jesus.. it's not supposed to be in there.
reproof..
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

a proof, that by which a thing is proved or tested

to the law and to the testimony..
Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
Isa 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
Isa 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

you said many things you do agree with ...some maybe not. Have to get off here. But this makes me think of something that hurts. How on the forum someone can like you, be kind to you, believe and encourage you and call you sister when they agree with you. yet then a couple of days later when there is a disagreement all that is gone. How easily our affection is swayed by our opinions. Suddenly you become ignorant and don’t love God. In the matter of a couple post.
Okay maybe you have found some things you say doesn’t fit. I wouldn’t know because I haven’t seen them but what about all that you say does? is your affection then for Paul swayed by your opinion?

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said many things you do agree with ...some maybe not. Have to get off here. But this makes me think of something that hurts. How on the forum someone can like you, be kind to you, believe and encourage you and call you sister when they agree with you. yet then a couple of days later when there is a disagreement all that is gone. How easily our affection is swayed by our opinions. Suddenly you become ignorant and don’t love God. In the matter of a couple post.
Okay maybe you have found some things you say doesn’t fit. I wouldn’t know because I haven’t seen them but what about all that you say does? is your affection then for Paul swayed by your opinion?
I'm concerned in what direction he leads people.
I see it here all the time. It's all around us everywhere.
You can take the same verse, same context and get a hundred different interpretations.
I don't believe God meant for people to be so divided on someones teaching.
In the OT, you read the Law. It's straight forward.. you do this then that will happen.
Straight and to the point.
I understand John's letters. I understand Peter's letters. Paul's I have to really try to figure out what this guy is saying.
And that leaves the door open for confusion. And God is not the author of confusion..
So where is this hundreds of different interpretations coming from?
Is it Paul ? Is it the teachers who teach Paul ? Is it the individual who reads Paul ?

How can the Catholic church have this doctrine, the Mormon church have that doctrine, the Seventh Day Adventists have another doctrine, the Baptists, the Presbyterianism, Methodist, ... I could go one, but I think you know what I mean.
Israel had 1 law. They all understood the same thing.
That's my dilemma with Paul.

How attitudes change..
I call my Dad every night 8PM.. Everythings fine, Luv ya talk to you tomorrow...
Tonight, I fell asleep. I fell asleep good.
I woke up to the police knocking on my bedroom window at 9PM.
Your dad wants you to call him. He tried to call but you didn't answer.
ugh.. I fell asleep.. my bad.
I called my dad... This Better not ever happen again. I had to call the police because you didn't pick up the phone.
I'm sorry dad I fell asleep.
That's no excuse... ROOOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..
Sorry Dad, everything is fine, I luv ya. I'll try not to let it happen again.
YOU BETTER NOT
click..

Tomorrow everything will be ok.
I know he gets "concerned" . I live by myself and not in the best condition.
I been here 4 years. This is the 2nd time in 4 years I called 1 hour late.
1 hour.

Maybe patience here is about as strong.. I don't know..
people do what they do.
Sleep well
thank you
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
I think the anti-christ agenda was intended to the world domination to the rise of old Babylonian (Egyptian tyranny which are now egyptian mystery of tech was in their hand), that's why babylonian was called as the beast that rise from the sheol (Revelation 13:11-12), everybody knows whose the one that got healed from the deadly disease. They were using the apocalypse horse that have a connection with them (Revelation 6:8), their purpose was to make war for money & wealth (Mammon/Beelzebub). That's why they always seeks God's people who lack of spiritual awakening, they used unwoken people only as a trojan horse to the church, they want to deliver hell into all nation to take the peace away from all men's heart. Because the whole world and their leaders are against God even God's name in their mouth but their heart has more love to money (mammon), they love money more than God & they like to suppress the truth with evil.

Reactions: Ziggy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having a battle with Paul. I've asked Peter to come and work this out with me.
I've had this battle before but have not found a resolution.
In truth, I see Paul as the wolf who comes in and scatters the sheep.
Leading them towards the gentiles rather then leading the gentiles to God.
I am supposed to take the word of a man, that Jesus showed himself to him,
and no one with him could verify this. He has no witnesses.
John was a witness, the works that Jesus did was a witness. The words he spoke and the walk he walked are all found in the scriptures.
Paul aka Saul, began under the teaching of one Gamaliel. Who had perfect knowledge of the law. He was a "doctor" of the law. He doctored the law. I hear Jesus saying it is written in your law.. etc.. who was writing their law? Aye Gamaliel, the one Paul was learned by.
He claims to be a Jew and then a Roman, then an Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin.
He set out on a mission to destroy this new body which Jesus himself had begun.
He had letters from the High Priest and those who sat at the council meetings,
no doubt the same stock that had Jesus killed.
And I'm supposed to trust this Pharisee because he said, Jesus said...

I like what Paul says, it sounds sweet. It sounds easy. Just do this and you'll be fine.
I don't trust him. Plain and simple.
Whether you agree or disagree, right now doesn't matter.
He knows the law. He knows the prophets. I just feel he twists them.
All of a sudden what was tithing once every 3 years has now become a weekly collection.
It's a money thing... tv evangelists.. just send money to sow some seed..
a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

The one sign God gave Isreal to show that they followed the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the seventh day Sabbath.
Rome comes in, and mind you Paul claims to be a Roman, and changes the Sabbath to
Sun worship day. We know this. We've read this. it's documented. It's a fact.
And the reason they did so was because they hated the Jews.
IDOLATRY...
#1 cause for Israel backsliding.. every time.

Peter says the unstable and the unlearned wrest with Paul and his epistles.
That his words are hard to be understood. And I find myself hearing:
God is not the author of confusion.

From here forward I am the lunatick son.
I will most likely be falling into the water (grace) and into the fire (judgement) .
Any one who feels inclined to add to the discussion is welcome,
However, let me make this clear, My battle is not with you, it is with Paul
and being led away from God into a world of Idolatry.

Let the battle begin:
Did you know in his latter years, Peter was living with and as the gentiles were?

Did you know that the Apostles continued to teach the Law is perfect but only for sinners to ....condemn them?

Did you know that the Apostles taught those that tried to put the gentiles under the Law were considered witches?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That explains who you really are. The favorite phrase of bbyrd009. It is a waste of time to go any further with you.

“It is a waste of time to go any further with you.” Because of wadr? o_O

yes, I probably picked it up from bbyrd. When I first came here I saw not only him but others not write out ...with all due respect. And I had to go google what wadr meant. But I also use LoL once I learned what it meant.

learned a lot from bbyrd over the years though. More than wadr ...miss seeing him around here. Looks like maybe he made an impression on you.

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God is not the author of confusion..
Is it Paul ? Is it the teachers who teach Paul ? Is it the individual who reads Paul ?

To me it says God is not the author of confusion. Man is the author of confusion. Not sure how it becomes Paul solely at fault. Unless I’ve misunderstood...that he is the one who spawned so many different denominations? You asked what works did Jesus do through Paul. Do you means signs, wonders, miracles? or as an example?

How can the Catholic church have this doctrine, the Mormon church have that doctrine, the Seventh Day Adventists have another doctrine, the Baptists, the Presbyterianism, Methodist, ... I could go one, but I think you know what I mean.

Mark 7:9-13 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. [10] For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: [11] But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. [12] And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; [13] Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

1 Corinthians 1:13-17 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? [14] I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; [15] Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. [16] And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. [17] For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1 Corinthians 4:19-21 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. [20] For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. [21] What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

“in the spirit of meekness” Matthew 11:27-29 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. [28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

“and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.” Could go round and round about this all day but that the Father choose to reveal the Son to Paul ...is enough (imo) unless we want to argue and debate all day whether it is fair or right whom the Father chooses to reveal the Son.

point is, unless I’ve misunderstood you, all is straightforward except Paul and therefore he is the problem. Totally neglecting the ‘as they do with all the scriptures’ which Peter said.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How attitudes change..
I call my Dad every night 8PM.. Everythings fine, Luv ya talk to you tomorrow...
I called my dad... This Better not ever happen again. I had to call the police because you didn't pick up the phone.
YOU BETTER NOT
click..

1 hour.

people do what they do.

get this with your dad and can relate. My mother is ninety. she snaps her fingers and expects me to jump immediately. Day after day it is never good enough as flesh can never be satisfied. Flesh is never satisfied or it is never enough. It always wants and expects or demands more. You said all the commandments are straightforward...just take that one for instance “Honor your Father and Mother”. Hear that differently now as not in honor the flesh where it is never enough but the Spirit ...honor your Father which is in Heaven and the mother of us all New Jerusalem. And out of this all the commands rest: love your Father and love your neighbor

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know in his latter years, Peter was living with and as the gentiles were?

Did you know that the Apostles continued to teach the Law is perfect but only for sinners to ....condemn them?

Did you know that the Apostles taught those that tried to put the gentiles under the Law were considered witches?
where can I find this?
Thank You

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm concerned in what direction he leads people.
I see it here all the time. It's all around us everywhere.
You can take the same verse, same context and get a hundred different interpretations.
I don't believe God meant for people to be so divided on someones teaching.
In the OT, you read the Law. It's straight forward.. you do this then that will happen.
Straight and to the point.
I understand John's letters. I understand Peter's letters. Paul's I have to really try to figure out what this guy is saying.
And that leaves the door open for confusion. And God is not the author of confusion..

How attitudes change..
YOU BETTER NOT
click..

1 hour.

people do what they do.
Sleep well
thank you
HUGS

speaking of division curious what you would say of Matthew 10:34-35 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. [35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

So Paul was given a different mission that didn't include baptism?

I mean even the eunuch was baptized.. so it wasn't a gentile thing.

Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

So Paul was given a different mission that didn't include baptism?

I mean even the eunuch was baptized.. so it wasn't a gentile thing.

Hugs

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Luke 3:16-17 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire: [17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to share a video I saw on another thread.
I watched this. It's about 50 minutes long.
I put it here so if I want to watch again I know where to find it.
I forget where it is now..