Whatever Happened To Honesty with The Politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JPPT1974 said:
I love politics but it is getting to being very dishonest indeed.
Politics is just a dog and pony circus show for the masses to swallow. I don't discuss politics, I discuss agenda's in relation to bible prophecy. I discuss the real power network behind the throne that is the source of the dishonesty that needs to be identified and jettisoned into outer space. However, I also know this cannot happen because it is this network that makes end times prophecy possible. It is this network of secrecy and subversion that the white horseman will conquer the nations. Like I said, there is a spirit behind everything.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dcopymope said:
Politics is just a dog and pony circus show for the masses to swallow. I don't discuss politics, I discuss agenda's in relation to bible prophecy. I discuss the real power network behind the throne that is the source of the dishonesty that needs to be identified and jettisoned into outer space. However, I also know this cannot happen because it is this network that makes end times prophecy possible. It is this network of secrecy and subversion that the white horseman will conquer the nations. Like I said, there is a spirit behind everything.
The Bible tells you that God is behind the government and that we are to support the government. Do you agree with the Bible or not? It sure sounds to me like you don't.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
The Bible tells you that God is behind the government and that we are to support the government. Do you agree with the Bible or not? It sure sounds to me like you don't.
Its not that simple sir. Is God ultimately in control over government affairs? sure. This is why I believe that it is God that Paul referred to as the restrainer, because while Satan is the god of this world and has dominion over the kingdoms, he can only do what God allows him to do as we see in many examples throughout scripture. We see with the case of the pharaoh that if God wants something done, he'll get it done as he see's fit. But let's get this one thing straight, God won't be ruling over the nations with a rod of iron until the second coming, as of right now, Satan is the one "ruling the nations with a rod of iron" as God permits. But you are not going to accuse a black man of not being a Christian because I don't vote, or for calling a spade for what it is.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
No I'm pretty sure it's your whining that you're hearing.
Well I thought you were done with this thread being you were the one that seemed to have run away like a little girl when we had a disagreement.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really dont believe today that people actually think there is such thing as an honset politician?? Support government, nah Jesus sid to give them what is theres, thats why we vote and pay taxes, thats why He got one of the disciples to take the coin from teh fishes mouth and told them to "render to ceasers what is ceasers. We vote because we have to, still yet to see the "people" win an election its always "a" politician and we loose.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
I really dont believe today that people actually think there is such thing as an honset politician?? Support government, nah Jesus sid to give them what is theres, thats why we vote and pay taxes, thats why He got one of the disciples to take the coin from teh fishes mouth and told them to "render to ceasers what is ceasers. We vote because we have to, still yet to see the "people" win an election its always "a" politician and we loose.

Well, that's what happens when you get nothing but establishment turds running for office.

Peccator

Oct 7, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
I'm not American, but I have kept an eye on American politics since late 1990s, and the only politician that I've seen that shows consistency of his believes is Senator Ron Paul.

Love him, or hate him - even his enemies respect his consistency, and saying what he believes, not what he wants you to hear.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
lforrest said:
So long as you live in this land you are under the authority of this government. That is true regardless of if you vote or not.

The bible says something to the effect that there can be no law against doing good. I take this to mean God doesn't recognize the authority of government to make laws that prohibit good works.
Though the conclusion is true that is not what that particular verse means.

I admit it does work as a type to express a truth so perhaps I should not be so technical. :)

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Walter said:
Whatever Happened To Honesty with The Politics ?
Could the reason be as to both parties wanting more power?
How in the world can these 4 factors: 1. Economy, 2. Morals, 3. Terrorism, And 4. War in Iraq to be stopped
Can Clinton or Trump cause the above factors to become better?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/ben-smith/2007/10/whatever-happened-to-the-politics-of-003582
If I remember correctly, Absalom was not honest.

If you want stupidity that Solomon's son is an example since he chose to listen to foolish advisers and so caused a tax rebellion.

In conclusion fallen human nature is what happened to politics and it occurred when Cain felt jealousy over how God received Able's sacrifice or perhaps earlier when Adam pointer the finger at Eve and she pointed it as the Serpent.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
StanJ said:
The Bible doesn't work that way. There's not good, better or best. What I gave you from Paul had to do with government. What you quoted has to do with principalities and powers of darkness, which is indeed the spiritual realm and what we indeed do wrestle against but by its very context, it eliminates governments because they are not of the spiritual realm, otherwise Paul would have said that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.
No I have no intention of getting into conspiracies and who controls the government and all the rest of that stuff because it serves no useful purpose. God's word tells us that he is in control and as such I believe his word and I think you ought to as well.
LOL.....No intention of getting into conspiracies:

Previous Post of StanJ: He actually was accidentally killed by one of his own secret service men, but of course you would rather take the paranoid way out and look for conspiracies. If you can't stand the heat then stop looking for confrontation while making your stupid comments.

[SIZE=medium]No Oswald definitely shot first but the chain reaction that caused, was why Kennedy[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] was hit in the back of the head in a trajectory not consistent with where Oswald was. The following is a short synopsis. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]https://youtu.be/hFeLnfw0Xxo[/SIZE]

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
StanJ said:
How exactly can God tell you anything given your predisposition and bias? Calling Hillary Clinton a whore on a public forum pretty much guarantees how biased you are and NOT how Christ like you are. You sound like a typical redneck Republican to me.
What or who is a "typical redneck Republican"? :popcorn:

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is definitely in the wrong topic. I dont see how this involves the church...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
What or who is a "typical redneck Republican"? :popcorn:
I've never seen a black man that can be regarded as red neck, so it doesn't apply to me. I'm neither Republican or Democrat, both parties are controlled opposition.

Reactions: Born_Again

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really it is hard to find honest and Godly most of all, politicians in this world! People do it for their own sake, not the sake of others. Sad but true!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aiy John Howard was a good man, a great Prime Minister, i think he was pretty honest. What about George Bush, whatcha Mericans think about him?

And it's not entirely up to an individual politician himself or herself, they have a lot of barriers now they gotta get through, parliaments across the world are more divided then ever before and that's the trouble with honesty in politics now, that's the barrier. They will promise something and then they realize it's not so easy to pass this bill, because of the divisiveness. We are seeing less of politicians working with each other now and more against each other, now that's what i think has happened to honest politics, and we are seeing individual political parties and coalitions being completely divided and are not standing on the original foundation of their political party.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Dcopymope said:
That's a good verse, but here is an even better one.

Like I said, this is the reason why it is impossible to pinpoint exactly who the all seeing eye is supposed to be at the top of the Pyramid. The power structure only gets more obscure the higher up you go, which shouldn't be the case if the buck only stopped with flesh and blood. Everything has a spirit behind it, even your money.
You definition of spirit is incorrect.

Spirit often refers to the desires. It can refer to souls or the breath of life but in no way can if refer to money.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Dcopymope said:
I've never seen a black man that can be regarded as red neck, so it doesn't apply to me. I'm neither Republican or Democrat, both parties are controlled opposition.
It is possible since it is cultural and probably becoming more common since laws banning interracial sexual relations have been overturned in the U.S.A.

It is argued in the essay "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" that black ghetto culture is a redneck culture. There are certainly similarities but then there are similarities to white city cultures that operated in the same niche as well.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
You definition of spirit is incorrect.

Spirit often refers to the desires. It can refer to souls or the breath of life but in no way can if refer to money.

(Revelation 6:5-6) "And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. {6} And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."
My definition of spirit as it pertains to your money is scriptural. Satan cannot claim to have dominion over the kingdoms of the earth, and God cannot claim to have absolute sovereignty over his creation if it doesn't involve its economic affairs as well. God sending the dark horse to flush the worlds economy down the toilet as part of his judgement illustrates his sovereignty over money in particular perfectly. You really don't understand what Satan is capable of if you can't see that, much less what God is capable of for that matter in this case. I don't care what the president thinks he or she is going to do about the economic situation to "make America great again", or what so called "trend" some expert claims the economy is headed in, if God wanted to completely collapse the economy tomorrow, he will do it and it ain't damn thing Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton can do about it.