What's in a Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I have answered this question numerous times. Until you are willing to define your term "God", your arguments remain circular.

Just define exactly what you mean by Jesus is God.
Do you believe that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE GOD? Clear enough?

Perhaps I will try this again. John 1:1

En archeé eén ho Lógos kaí ho Lógos eén prós tón Theón kaí theós eén ho Lógos

Looking at 3 important terms:

1- tón Theón - This phrase is intended to mean, YHWH Elohiym, The Father.
2- theós - In John 1:1c in regard to the intrinsic absolute diety/divinity of Lógos
3- Lógos - In this usage, indicates the Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, compeised of His thought, reason and His nature, (that which can be understood of Him).

As to why is there no indefinite article, (a), before the term theós in John 1:1 c, perhaps because it would allude to the existance of two gods, (The God of John 1:1 b and a God of John 1:1c).

Also, John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Kaí ho Lógos sárx egéneto kaí eskeénoosen en heemín kaí etheasámetha teén dóxan autoú dóxan hoos monogenoús pará Patrós pleérees cháritos kaí aleetheías

Two clauses:

1- "ho Lógos sárx egéneto"
2- monogenoús pará Patrós

I understand, "ho Lógos sárx egéneto", to mean that the Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, comprised of His thought, reason and His nature, was fused into the being of Jesus Christ, (anointed Savior), upon His conception and remained in Him as His Divine nature.

I understand "monogenoús pará Patrós", to mean the only human being to be born without a human father, (via the Spirit of YHWH Elohiym), who's nature was both human, as to the flesh and Divine as to His Spirit. The Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, comprising the thought, reason, (Precepts, Commands, Laws. Ways, Oracles, etc), and the very nature of the Father dwelling in The Son. But not all of the Fathers knowledge, (Omniscience), nor all of the Father's athority and Power, (Omnipotence), nor the Omnipresence of the Father while Christ was a human being.
Please stop implying that you are more expert in the Biblical languages than those who translated the KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, ESV, etc. What you are revealing is that you simply don't believe them.

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...

God first

thanks Duckybill

so you say but you may not understand as must you think

there are many verses to prove you are wrong as you can get to prove you are right

so it a mute subject

we will never again agree because we been taught different

I see it both ways and more my friend

there a fleshly view and there a spiritual view

with love and a holy kiss Roy
You make it quite difficult to understand or reply when you don't provide quotes of what you are replying to.

John 1:1 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.

John 1:14 (NKJV)
[sup]14 [/sup]And THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Do you believe that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE GOD? Clear enough?

It is quite remarkable that you are unable to define the English word "God"?? Perhaps it's like a "duck blind"

You may understand what you mean by "God", as I understand what I mean by "Theos".

But until you are willing explain what you mean by defining your terms, you will be unable to help others understand what you are really saying.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It is quite remarkable that you are unable to define the English word "God"?? Perhaps it's like a "duck blind"

You may understand what you mean by "God", as I understand what I mean by "Theos".

But until you are willing explain what you mean by defining your terms, you will be unable to help others understand what you are really saying.
If you don't understand "THE ONE TRUE GOD" then you have a terrible spiritual problem.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
The way I see it is simple, There is God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit, these three are one and agree with each other.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
If you don't understand "THE ONE TRUE GOD" then you have a terrible spiritual problem.
Oh, I understand perfectly well,however I am beginning to think that think, by your reluctance to answer my question, that perhaps you do not.

People can say whatever they want but some cannot explain what they mean.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The way I see it is simple, There is God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit, these three are one and agree with each other.
And they are all THE ONE TRUE GOD.

Genesis 1:26 (NKJV)
[sup]26 [/sup]Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Oh, I understand perfectly well,however I am beginning to think that think, by your reluctance to answer my question, that perhaps you do not.

People can say whatever they want but some cannot explain what they mean.
We all have the choice to believe that you have more expertise in the Biblical languages than our many English translations. I don't believe it. There are plenty of gullible people. God came in the flesh whether you believe it or not.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ

And they are all THE ONE TRUE GOD.

So, explain what you mean.

One of the problems, as I see it, is that many English speaking Christians are unfamiliar with Greek and Hebrew and also have difficulty defining the English terms that they use.

To start with, what do you mean by Jesus is "God", (capitol "G")?

Simply answer the question if you are able.

Define your usage of the word, "G"od?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So, explain what you mean.
Lord have mercy. How many ONE TRUE GOD's do you believe in?
One of the problems, as I see it, is that many English speaking Christians are unfamiliar with Greek and Hebrew and also have difficulty defining the English terms that they use.
We can't be saved unless we are Greek and Hebrew experts?
To start with, what do you mean by Jesus is "God", (capitol "G")?
Sounds like you're saying Jesus is a false god.
Simply answer the question if you are able.

Define your usage of the word, "G"od?
It is quite common for those who deny Jesus/God to also deny the eternal Hell. Do you also?

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
God first

thanks Duckybill

John KVJ 1:[sup]1[/sup]In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [sup]2[/sup]The same was in the beginning with God. [sup]3[/sup]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [sup]4[/sup]In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

In the beginning was the word other the word of God and the was with God and the word was God where it God was not in Jesus
Christ

otherwise just because the word was before Jesus was born does prove anything

Jesus Christ spoke has the father commanded him to speak

Jesus Christ never did anything of himself

he always doing the father will

in the beginning it was God's will and God word

If I quote you who words is it your but I am hearing from God God is speaking

John 1:[sup] 14 [/sup]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
[sup]15[/sup]John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. [sup]16[/sup]And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

and Jesus Christ the living example of life was made flesh the living image of God because God biding not his own

a mirror of truth

you see your verses may say what you claim

with love of God and with a holy kiss from us Roy

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
The "Word" of God: The Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, comprised of His thought, reason and His nature, was fused into the human being Jesus Christ, (anointed Savior), upon His conception and remainsin Him as His Divine nature.

Begotten of the FATHER; The only human being to be born without a human father, (via the Spirit of YHWH Elohiym), who's nature was both human, as to the flesh and Divine as to His Spirit. The Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, comprising the thought, reason, (Precepts, Commands, Laws. Ways, Oracles, etc), and the very nature of the Father dwelling in The Son. But not all of the Fathers knowledge, (Omniscience), nor all of the Father's authority and Power, (Omnipotence), nor the Omnipresence of the Father while Christ was a human being.

Jesus Christ has returned to The FATHER and remains His LOGOS, His "Word" and our Propitiation, our Advocate, our Brother, our SAVIOR and our LORD.

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
God first

thanks David F. Jones

I am not trying to call you a lier

i just trying what means to me

and because Hebrew text had no capitol words it was wrote it no meaning today

and Greek had no capitol words it to

with the love of God with a holy kiss from us Roy

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
[font="tahoma][color="#5D5D5D"] [/color][/font]
Jesus Christ spoke has the father commanded him to speak
Jesus Christ never did anything of himself
he always doing the father will
in the beginning it was God's will and God word
and Jesus Christ the living example of life was made flesh the living image of God because God biding not his own
a mirror of truth

Amen! amen!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The "Word" of God: The Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, comprised of His thought, reason and His nature, was fused into the human being Jesus Christ, (anointed Savior), upon His conception and remainsin Him as His Divine nature.

Begotten of the FATHER; The only human being to be born without a human father, (via the Spirit of YHWH Elohiym), who's nature was both human, as to the flesh and Divine as to His Spirit. The Divine expression of YHWH Elohiym, comprising the thought, reason, (Precepts, Commands, Laws. Ways, Oracles, etc), and the very nature of the Father dwelling in The Son. But not all of the Fathers knowledge, (Omniscience), nor all of the Father's authority and Power, (Omnipotence), nor the Omnipresence of the Father while Christ was a human being.

Jesus Christ has returned to The FATHER and remains His LOGOS, His "Word" and our Propitiation, our Advocate, our Brother, our SAVIOR and our LORD.
It's clear that you are denying that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE GOD. Somehow you can't bring yourself to say it. If Jesus/God isn't your Savior then you don't have a Savior. God came in the flesh.

1 John 4:3 (NKJV)
[sup]3 [/sup]and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Now about the eternal Hell?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's quite plain to see that because you haven't been able to define your terms, it must be that you, either, can't or won't!
How many God's do you believe in? Do you even know?
As far as the Hades or Sheol is concerned, very real and very eternal.
How about eternal punishment in the fire? Your spiritual gymnastics noted, again.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Just One.

Just plain Ducky!

Anyone who can read can see you are VERY evasive and cannot answer simple questions. If you are as expert in the Biblical languages as you profess then we should throw away our Bibles and read YOUR translation because they are not the same, not even close.

Isaiah 40:3 (NKJV)
[sup]3 [/sup]The voice of one crying in the wilderness: "Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert A HIGHWAY FOR OUR GOD.

Matthew 3:3 (NKJV)
[sup]3 [/sup]For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: "The voice of one crying in the wilderness:'Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.'

Jesus may not be your God but He is mine and many others.

Jesus' Kingdom is eternal because He is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

Luke 1:31-33 (NKJV)
[sup]31 [/sup]And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. [sup]32 [/sup]He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. [sup]33 [/sup]And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and OF HIS KINGDOM THERE WILL BE NO END."

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
He also avoided my question about Gen 18. I asked him who was it that appeared to Abraham.
After reading Col 1:15-18 and other passages that no man has seen the Father your left with only one conclusion its Jesus. Jesus is more than the first born in the likeness of men, he was the first born of all creation.

John 8:58
Mt 11:27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Col 1 [sup]
15[/sup] He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. [sup]
16[/sup] For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. [sup]
17[/sup] And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. [sup]
18[/sup] And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.