"What's in your Bible?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my Bibles is as you describe, oversized and about 3” thick, maps, and so forth. Also fortunate to have a Bible of a family member who was born in 1835. BTW I love flowers ;)!
I love (botanical and sometimes rhetorical) flowers too! Every weekend from Spring through Fall, I'll go down to the Garden Center just to see what they've got.

Do the records in that Bible go back to 1835?

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know that "what is in your purse" game, where the women tell what's in their purse?

I thought it would be fun to hear about your Bible treasures.

What is in your Bible?

Highlights, drawings, notes, illustrations, etc.
Text or photos, whatever you prefer.

Because
1. It would be nice to see
2. It is fun
3. You never know if something God spoke to you might speak to someone else

Thanks @Ferris Bueller for the spark!

My first is Psalm 142
The only verse I did this to and don't remember why.

IMG-20220102-191741-kindlephoto-8277279.jpg

Next a post it note for John 2:22-25

IMG-20220102-191832.jpg

It says "Jesus already knew what everybody was up to and didn't need to speak to them"

I don't remember why that is there but it has been there for a year or so, and I leave it because it makes me think.
I have post it notes, some pencil marks and some highlighting in my old bible as well as bookmarks I made with all the books listed and their page numbers - one for the old and one for the new.I have reminders to pray for what God lays on my heart. I also have a bookmark with a picture and verse which I made years ago.
Isaiah 43:1
‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
drawn-lamb-jesus-13.jpg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have post it notes, some pencil marks and some highlighting in my old bible as well as bookmarks I made with all the books listed and their page numbers - one for the old and one for the new.I have reminders to pray for what God lays on my heart. I also have a bookmark with a picture and verse which I made years ago.
‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
drawn-lamb-jesus-13.jpg
Oh, my. Pearl, that's beautiful.

Reactions: Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, my. Pearl, that's beautiful.
Many years ago I was out in the car in the spring time with lots of new born lambs in the fields and knew in my spirit that God was telling me I was his little lamb and he was cuddling me. It was so lovely that I made the bookmark so I would never forget.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love (botanical and sometimes rhetorical) flowers too! Every weekend from Spring through Fall, I'll go down to the Garden Center just to see what they've got.

We built an old fashioned log cabin and that “yard” is what we use as the primary “flower garden”....love it!

Do the records in that Bible go back to 1835?
1835 was the birth date of the owner of the Bible, which had his parents, siblings, and g-parents names and dates also. I use multiple sources for my family history research purposes and verifications.

Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't find that dog-eared NIV Bible that was held together by duct tape, but I still have my very first Bible, the zippered KJV. The presentation page caught my eye. It has my childhood address and phone number, and it says in my grandmother's handwriting, "Presented to (Lambano) By Grandpa and Grandma (Lambano) With all our love & best wishes. Easter 1967". I would've been 6 years old. :)
My falling apart bible is next to me on my desk as I type, it is precious but I don't use it any more. It has some underlining, some sermon notes on a church bulletin sheet and also written in spaces at the front and back.

Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had to start using a large print bible and don't like it. My old one felt so familiar in my hands and with all the little extras inside. I've had the large print one for years but never really liked it as it is heavy - but needs must and I do prefer a paper copy rather than reading on screen.

My old one was a 'gift' from God. About 20 years ago when I needed a new bible I couldn't afford one so I prayed and 'found' one in a charity shop for £1.99. It was brand new in a box, beautiful binding, gold edges and red letter. God is good and that's why it has always been so special

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago I was out in the car in the spring time with lots of new born lambs in the fields and knew in my spirit that God was telling me I was his little lamb and he was cuddling me. It was so lovely that I made the bookmark so I would never forget.
God's little lamb. I love it!

Reactions: Pearl

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
drawn-lamb-jesus-13.jpg
I love this picture so much. :)

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a bookmark. I don't really write in the dollar store KJV I use.

I have a NKJV with pretty leather binding and a place for notes in the margins. I wrote in it maybe twice.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just a bookmark. I don't really write in the dollar store KJV I use.

I have a NKJV with pretty leather binding and a place for notes in the margins. I wrote in it maybe twice.
You can use post its which won't damage the pages.