What's the scoop?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
So you think Christians can live in sin and still be saved in spite of warnings in the bible that says they cannot?

Do you based what you believe on the whole bible, or just the parts that make you feels good?
I find I make a mistake now and then as any Christian does.
For example, I posted in a thread where someone asked advise regarding their lifestyle and it being judged by another Christian while at work together.

It never occurred to me that this thread was bait.

Lesson learned.

Thank you for that opportunity. As a new member here I'm sure the experience will serve in future.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read one preacher that said eternal security came from calvinism. Is this wherre it comes from?
Eternal Security is built into the Calvinist TULIP system. Those whom God chose unconditionally before the foundation of the world, these His irresistible grace will regenerate them to faith and sanctify them. Their regenerated souls will want to be more and more obedient. The same irresistible grace will also preserve them unto eternal life. There is nothing stronger than God that can pull a chosen one away.

If you're one of the chosen ones, it's a pretty secure deal.

If you're one of the chosen ones...

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words we cannot go by what God's Word says?

2 Peter 2:20 - For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

I have been and have learned that due to warnings God has placed in His Word, osas is a scam.

This is why some many who say they are Christians live just like people who are not Christians.

I heard one preacher say that is Christianity became illegal most Christians could not be convicted due to a lack of evidence.
I think you misunderstood me. I am NOT a proponent of Once Saved Always Saved. Yu are making it sound like I do when I do not. It makes some Christians think they are okay despite still sinning and, are putting their faith in a doctrine rather than God's word.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, now let's flip sides and go find the verses that support OSAS. I've always loved Romans 8:38-39. John 10:28 is a biggie. How 'bout John 6:39?

Suggesting we should ignore all the warnings that prove osas is not true?

Should we just look at verses that we agree with and play like the others are not of God?

Eternal Security is built into the Calvinist TULIP system. Those whom God chose unconditionally before the foundation of the world, these His irresistible grace will regenerate them to faith and sanctify them. Their regenerated souls will want to be more and more obedient. The same irresistible grace will also preserve them unto eternal life. There is nothing stronger than God that can pull a chosen one away.

If you're one of the chosen ones, it's a pretty secure deal.

If you're one of the chosen ones...

Lots of evidence in the bible that the tulip thing is no biblical and is even false doctrine.

The claim that God does not want everyone to be saved makes him in to some kind of monster!

Especially considering numerous verses prove it's God's will that all be saved and He has provided a way for all to be saved so God is not preventing people from being saved which is what the devil is trying to do.

I think you misunderstood me. I am NOT a proponent of Once Saved Always Saved. Yu are making it sound like I do when I do not. It makes some Christians think they are okay despite still sinning and, are putting their faith in a doctrine rather than God's word.

I just recently found out osas is not biblical after doing a lot of reading up on the subject

Reactions: Nancy