What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's -18 here in Indiana this morning. Praying for first responders. The fire fighters are having a bad time of it. Also all those losing power in record breaking(?) cold.
Stay warm and safe, check on neighbors and enjoy the extra time with family.

Blessings.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Acolyte
We have -l0 this morning ........ out in the farm area..... lots of snow and ice..

Reactions: Acolyte
D

Dave L

Well I believe there are consequences to even what we do to the environment, but Id much rather call the weather bipolar. :p But "A Day after Tomorrow" my favorite movie! Talks about how Global Warming can cause a second ice age by changing currents. I think it's all a part of the ending age anyway.
My wife and I are planning to watch "Day after Tomorrow" tonight. It's one of our faves too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not quite as cold, but still cold; but we have bright sunshine (for the next while before it gets dark...fairly soon).

D

Dave L

Punxsutawney Phil DID NOT SEE HIS SHADOW.... this morning! This means an early spring!!! Nor did my squirrels! This means an early demise for old man winter!

Reactions: Helen and farouk

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Punxsutawney Phil DID NOT SEE HIS SHADOW.... this morning! This means an early spring!!! Nor did my squirrels! This means an early demise for old man winter!

Don't trust it. A friend told me that all modern prophets are false.

About the OP, it's 65 degrees out. Pretty nice.

Reactions: Helen and Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Willie T @Hidden In Him

Very clever posts...well done!! @Dave L 's is good too. :D

I badly needed those laughs, our car was stolen from right under my husbands nose ..he was 6 ft away, brushing the snow...the guy jumped in and roared off!!! Dave hit the windshield with his broom , but it didn't stop him...the police say there is a gang in town...it was the 6th car in an hour, and it was only 8.20 am.

Dave was warming the car up like we all have to in subzero temps. :(

Wind chill are minus 38 degs C today...bitter bitter wind!
Snowing. Not happy.
Not 'taking the spoiling of our goods joyfully.' :oops:

Police say, chances of getting it back, ...next to none.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I badly needed those laughs, our car was stolen from right under my husbands nose ..he was 6 ft away, brushing the snow...the guy jumped in and roared off!!! Dave hit the windshield with his broom , but it didn't stop him...the police say there is a gang in town...it was the 6th car in an hour, and it was only 8.20 am.

Good heavens. That sounds like the kind of thing my wife says happens in Guatemala. She was showing me pictures someone took in a car while sitting in traffic. In one frame two guys are sitting on a motorbike next to a car, looking behind them. In the next, they have their arms in the car next to them sticking up the driver at gunpoint right in front of everyone.

I know it may not help, but those people can't even go out after dark anymore for fear of being robbed or killed. All their windows have metal bars on them. Just pray in the Spirit of God that those gangs are removed from your area soon. You don't want that kind of thing to become the norm where you live.

... hard to believe...

About taking it joyfully, try thinking that maybe it was someone in dire need in all that cold weather or something (even if it probably wasn't). Maybe they had a family to take care of.

Just trying to think of ways to make it easier to bless them in prayer rather than be depressed about it. But whatever the case, don't worry, trust in the Lord and He will take care of you both.

Glad if we could make you laugh a little. I'm good for that every once in a while.

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Willie T @Hidden In Him

Very clever posts...well done!! @Dave L 's is good too. :D

Dave was warming the car up like we all have to in subzero temps. :(

Wind chill are minus 38 degs C today...bitter bitter wind!
Snowing. Not happy.
Not 'taking the spoiling of our goods joyfully.' :oops:

Police say, chances of getting it back, ...next to none.
So sorry to hear of this...o_O

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen