What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is a known fact that the north of England doesn't get as much sun as the south. I could never live in Vancouver for the same reason...the grey skies.. We lived there for ONE year , hated the place and the clouds, rain and greyness. South of London always seemed nice to me in my 34 yrs there.

I sometimes I just feel like my niece just enjoys moaning about everything! Haha!!

Probably the Brits talk about the weather more than any other country! :D
If they are talking about the weather (or cricket...), then they are not wanting to kill each other... :)

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The weather so far this month has been very unlike normal November weather as it's been chilly and frosty, wet and windy. The norm over the years has been for 'gentle' weather with soft misty days and a mildness in the air - damp maybe but not too wet. I usually like the weather in November but not this year. Today has been more like that.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The weather so far this month has been very unlike normal November weather as it's been chilly and frosty, wet and windy. The norm over the years has been for 'gentle' weather with soft misty days and a mildness in the air - damp maybe but not too wet. I usually like the weather in November but not this year. Today has been more like that.

@Pearl Did you miss my post to you, number #1058 ????

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl

My niece says every day in emails , how wet it is there , how cold it is there etc etc etc...is she exaggerating?
She is Manchester , not too far from you...
Does the News really say that Manchester has nothing but rain???? View attachment 7883

Im having a hard time believing her!!
It's been feeling damp but thankfully not too much heavy rain this week. But the weather can vary in just a short distance here in the UK.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today we have very strong wind...... so strong on our tree ,,,, we have two bird feeders and one
got knocked off, and I told the family , so one of the children took the other one off before that went.
And the birds wont have food for a while I guess.....

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today we have very strong wind...... so strong on our tree ,,,, we have two bird feeders and one
got knocked off, and I told the family , so one of the children took the other one off before that went.
And the birds wont have food for a while I guess.....

:(

I guess that is better than it being a bird house...with eggs or babies inside. Im sure they'll find food...unless you have very deep snow!!

Dave wont allow me to have bird feeders any more, I loved seeing them come and feed. But it seemed to draw the mice also....So he made me stop. I get very sad when I see them come back so often looking for where they once found food . :(

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Helen, get some out side cat's .......that is what we have here and no more mice...
I am glad they just have the cats out side, I do not care for cats, they are cute, but for some
reason since I was little I do not care for them, wonder if some thing happened I do not remember?
We have alway's had dogs, maybe that is the reason ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well Helen, get some out side cat's .......that is what we have here and no more mice...
I am glad they just have the cats out side, I do not care for cats, they are cute, but for some
reason since I was little I do not care for them, wonder if some thing happened I do not remember?
We have alway's had dogs, maybe that is the reason ?

We are n a busy road and cats are not allowed to wander free any more.

I agree, while I do like cats...we have always been dog lovers...mostly German Shepherds ...but we also had a Basset Hound once..and now we have a Lab. The top of the list, and most clever , for us is always the Shepherds every time.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very cold wind.
Minus 12 and slippy roads...not very fun.

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's been stunning today but very cold - about 5C.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have been promised a lot of ice and freezing rain over the weekend...o_O

I dont like those kind of promises OL

Today is bright, but minus 16 again...with a bitter wind.
I "think" next week is going to be a bit better, but I doubt we will see zero again for a long while. :(