What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nasty rainy, so we decided to build birdhouses.

View attachment 7828

What a great hobby.
My old dad used to build fake wooden wells ( used as flowers planters ) during the winter season...he loved doing it.

Over two winters he build about 15 and enjoyed finding homes for them with the neighbours. Our road looked very pretty in summer LOL

Zero again here and very pleasant for November. We are enjoying the sunshine.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a great hobby.
My old dad used to build fake wooden wells ( used as flowers planters ) during the winter season...he loved doing it.

Over two winters he build about 15 and enjoyed finding homes for them with the neighbours. Our road looked very pretty in summer LOL

Zero again here and very pleasant for November. We are enjoying the sunshine.
@VictoryinJesus loves to paint and decorate them, she was reading an article a few months ago about purple martins, it turns out that they are like 95% reliant on humans to build their homes. The native Americans at one time in history housed them by Millions around their crops for insect control.

We’re in the process of building on that will accommodate 10..... will send photos when complete.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@VictoryinJesus loves to paint and decorate them, she was reading an article a few months ago about purple martins, it turns out that they are like 95% reliant on humans to build their homes. The native Americans at one time in history housed them by Millions around their crops for insect control.

We’re in the process of building on that will accommodate 10..... will send photos when complete.

Sounds fun...looking forward to the photo's :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well today it went down below zero...and it's been snowing...not heavy, but enough to be annoying...and 'they' say it will start getting colder as the Arctic air blows down... guess that okay...we've had a good run ...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nasty rainy, so we decided to build birdhouses.

View attachment 7828

My daughter who lives in Spokane said her neighbours had complained about their 5 Swallow houses that her husband made.
The neighbours said that "their swallows " had encouraged lots of sparrows to sit on their roof and leave their droppings on the Deck.

So, the neighbours told my son in law to take down the swallow's houses.
At that time they all had eggs. So he called the Wildlife people who said it is a finable offence to remove bird houses before winter after the birds had flown south.

Sadly last winter he took down all the houses to keep peace with the neighbours .
My daughter said she cried a few time this past spring, the Swallows nest by memory so all five families returned to their houses , only to find they had gone!! They hung around for a couple of days waiting...it made my daughter so sad. Needless to say, she only nods at her neighbours now.
Poor birds...
b4a2d5a587fd1ba45065c0aa2ab0db05.gif

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter who lives in Spokane said her neighbours had complained about their 5 Swallow houses that her husband made.
The neighbours said that "their swallows " had encouraged lots of sparrows to sit on their roof and leave their droppings on the Deck.

So, the neighbours told my son in law to take down the swallow's houses.
At that time they all had eggs. So he called the Wildlife people who said it is a finable offence to remove bird houses before winter after the birds had flown south.

Sadly last winter he took down all the houses to keep peace with the neighbours .
My daughter said she cried a few time this past spring, the Swallows nest by memory so all five families returned to their houses , only to find they had gone!! They hung around for a couple of days waiting...it made my daughter so sad. Needless to say, she only nods at her neighbours now.
Poor birds...
View attachment 7865
Wow!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Deep, deep snow...Dave had to use the snowblower today...to much, to heavy to use the shovel today...he also does 3 of our neighbours also!!

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Pearl

My niece says every day in emails , how wet it is there , how cold it is there etc etc etc...is she exaggerating?
She is Manchester , not too far from you...
Does the News really say that Manchester has nothing but rain???? hmm[1].gif

Im having a hard time believing her!!

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a truism about Manchester that is sometimes even...true! :)

It is a known fact that the north of England doesn't get as much sun as the south. I could never live in Vancouver for the same reason...the grey skies.. We lived there for ONE year , hated the place and the clouds, rain and greyness. South of London always seemed nice to me in my 34 yrs there.

I sometimes I just feel like my niece just enjoys moaning about everything! Haha!!

Probably the Brits talk about the weather more than any other country! :D

Reactions: amadeus