What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have 29* right now..... going down of course !

Yes it did look nice out! But looking at the snow ,,,, at my age,,,,, danger...... so ,,,, no thanks.
I'll stay in the house and just look out.. I do ,, go out some time in the snow. ,, when I am feeling good.
But at this age, its yes and no at times and maybe ? I still want to go home ! But I guess I need to do
some thing ? God must want this ? My friend from child hood is or may ? not be saved ? I thought she
was but my son said it does not sound like it. And I only write letters to her so, I guess I will keep on trying.

Been a bit on the cold side today...but still above freezing , praise the Lord. I missed the lovely sunshine today :(

As for you being here and not not joining your husband , at some point you should try and REJOICE about it...and be thankful that God has you here for some reason best known to Himself.

Once you really 'make peace' about still being here , He may take you Home!! Maybe it is a test of attitude?

Just a thought...
Hugs... Helen x

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Below freezing overnight and a frost this morning. Very still, very chilly with light cloud.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been a bit on the cold side today...but still above freezing , praise the Lord. I missed the lovely sunshine today :(

As for you being here and not not joining your husband , at some point you should try and REJOICE about it...and be thankful that God has you here for some reason best known to Himself.

Once you really 'make peace' about still being here , He may take you Home!! Maybe it is a test of attitude?

Just a thought...
Hugs... Helen x

Well, Helen,,, its cold and no sun shining yet !

Helen, only one thing I can think of, my girl friend since I brought her to the C. Church when we were
very young, and she still goes there. and I asked if she is saved and it kind of sounded like it, but to
my son,,,,, he said no she is not ! And I am trying not to push it, I remember those day's and the
C. Church told us to not listen to other religions..... So I do not think she is listing [ reading my verses]
And I am trying hard to make them brief and short..... But , I do not know if she is in the hospital now
or trying not to keep writing to me ? It hard to do this all on the mail only..

Love in Christ
Marlene

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you haven't already done so could you perhaps write your testimony for her or give her a little booklet about becoming a Christian. I always thought I was one until I was given a booklet called 'Journey into Life'.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-in...y+norman+warren&qid=1574180713&s=books&sr=1-1

@Grams

Marlene this is is good advice of @Pearl 's here.

I would do this...and then trust your friend to the Lord.
He is the only one who can open here eyes and show her the truth in Jesus Christ. You have done all you can...and the bible says - " Having done all...stand...you have pretty much 'done all' you can for your friend Marlene. Now trust. ♥︎

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mild here today...but VERY nasty....last nights snow turned to sheet ice and today we have about a 8" snow on top of ice and car wrecks everywhere!!!! And the snow is still coming....nasty and dangerous. :(

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you haven't already done so could you perhaps write your testimony for her or give her a little booklet about becoming a Christian. I always thought I was one until I was given a booklet called 'Journey into Life'.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-in...y+norman+warren&qid=1574180713&s=books&sr=1-1

Thanks !

I have all ready sent her track from our church ! And to me they sound good.
[They made me understand]

But I wonder if she even looked at them ? May have just thrown them away ,,, like I would have.
The C. church back then was pushing every thing away !

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess today is much like yesterday !
Cold and some sun ........
Some of our snow is melted !!!!!! So with the sun shinning ,, ??? maybe it will help ? It did not
help yesterday,, [ very little that is]so who know ? This is winter all ready / or so it seems ! :)

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a number of years ago when we lived in the country having a particularly severe ice storm. We were fortunate in that my wife and I had just a few weeks earlier trimmed all of our own trees so the damage to our trees from the storm was minimal as compared to our neighbors. The heavy ice can break down even young, strong trees.

It was however beautiful to see with all of the trees and bushes looking like a really sparkling winter wonderland. Somewhere on this computer I guess I have some of those pictures. When and if I find them I will show some of them here. You take care and God bless...

Yeah, I used to go up through the middle area. Highway 99 to highway 51. Seems like it was about 10 years ago, but I came over a hill's crest and could suddenly see topography that I had never seen before. Even during the leafless winter. About 15-20' had loaded up on ice and just snapped off tree tops as far as one could see.

Here (Houston) on Friday the local news reported we were experiencing our third straight day of highs not reaching 50F. This is the 6th time since records have been kept that this happened in November he added. It is pretty mild here. We pay for this at other times. Most are some sort of compromise.

I've got a few pictures of my (former) Norwegian Elkhounds in the snow in Dallas. I may get some more once I get to a most appropriate climate.

God bless you too. Take Care.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wonderful sunshine glistening on the deep snow. It looks like a Christmas card. :)

It's well above zero, so the snow will be on melt now...

It's been a lovely November for sure...

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful sunshine glistening on the deep snow. It looks like a Christmas card. :)

It's well above zero, so the snow will be on melt now...

It's been a lovely November for sure...

We are in the 50's today and yesterday we had upper 40's and abundant sunshine!

Reactions: Helen