What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I found this :- Quote..

< A published study in Science, shows that the first people to populate the Arctic regions of North America and Greenland were a group who moved into the area from Siberia around 3,000 B.C. They lived in isolation for almost 4,000 years, before disappearing.

Research has indicated that there were three waves of migration from Asia to the New World; this new study adds a fourth. The first humans are thought to have crossed over the Bering Strait more than 15,000 years ago; this new wave of Paleo-Eskimos, which brought the first people to spread across the northern reaches of Alaska, Canada and Greenland, would have come after the first two waves, but before the Neo-Eskimo or Thule made the journey between continents.

Archaeologically, people living in the North American Arctic between approximately 2,500 B.C. and 1,000 A.D. are referred to as the Dorset and Pre-Dorsetcultures. (They're classified into those based on the tools and artwork they left behind.) This new study shows that not only did this group have different traditions and culture from the area's later populations but it was genetically distinct from them, as well. >

End quote.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this :- Quote..

< A published study in Science, shows that the first people to populate the Arctic regions of North America and Greenland were a group who moved into the area from Siberia around 3,000 B.C. They lived in isolation for almost 4,000 years, before disappearing.

Research has indicated that there were three waves of migration from Asia to the New World; this new study adds a fourth. The first humans are thought to have crossed over the Bering Strait more than 15,000 years ago; this new wave of Paleo-Eskimos, which brought the first people to spread across the northern reaches of Alaska, Canada and Greenland, would have come after the first two waves, but before the Neo-Eskimo or Thule made the journey between continents.

Archaeologically, people living in the North American Arctic between approximately 2,500 B.C. and 1,000 A.D. are referred to as the Dorset and Pre-Dorsetcultures. (They're classified into those based on the tools and artwork they left behind.) This new study shows that not only did this group have different traditions and culture from the area's later populations but it was genetically distinct from them, as well. >

End quote.

I believe they later migrated into North America, and became known as the Clovis people.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dunno about that, but there where people there long before the clovis people.
Agreed, it seems though about 12-15 k years ago a very unique lithic technology arrived on this continent. It’s even found here on the east coast, here in our state they are referenced as hardaway projectiles and also Clovis. This stuff was designed to take down very large prey.

B

brakelite

If I were you and Dave I’d put a snowman on the roof of the car and head south until people start to say, never seen one of those, that’s were I’d set up camp.
My love for warmth would take me a little further south than that to a point where the people would not be giving the roof of my car a second glance.

Reactions: Waiting on him
B

brakelite

Yeah I did that with my own children in Wyoming. Now it is not likely because this year I am less able to tolerate the cold than ever before. I don't stay outside any longer than absolutely necessary. Also, while I always loved to play with my children and grandchildren, the couple of times I tried with my one great-grandson, I almost was unable to get up off the floor alone.

Oh this is a good place to make an good announcement. My grandson who married only this last September called us yesterday to tell us that we should expect another great-grandchild later this year. Give God the glory!
Congratulations!!! I have 4 grandsons all beginning to approach young adulthood so although none are yet married I have high hopes in the near future of similar phone calls. What a blessing for any family to have 4 or even 5 living generations.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congratulations!!! I have 4 grandsons all beginning to approach young adulthood so although none are yet married I have high hopes in the near future of similar phone calls. What a blessing for any family to have 4 or even 5 living generations.
Hard to conceive were only some 30 generations from Calvary.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you my friend! Hold on... for as you say your time may also arrive!

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No sunshine...but thankfully still zero. LONG may it LAST!! :)

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sunshine...but thankfully still zero. LONG may it LAST!! :)
well ain't you the warm one.... (smile). you're not alone. back in the 70's warm sunshine and short paints weather.... :p

he be good, H.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still nice here....zero in the mornings but up to 13 C in the afternoons...awesome. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still nice here....zero in the mornings but up to 13 C in the afternoons...awesome. :)
Glad for you, and all the Polar Bear club up there. God is Good..... all the time. well got down to the 40's then by noon today broke near 60's, now night coming, right back down to 40's

it's a roller coaster here.

praise God, take care.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad for you, and all the Polar Bear club up there. God is Good..... all the time. well got down to the 40's then by noon today broke near 60's, now night coming, right back down to 40's

it's a roller coaster here.

praise God, take care.

PICJAG.
Where are you located 101