What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Snow is beautiful. A kids Toy from Nature, lol. Not bad, less you have to travel, through the snow, black ice, or it’s so cold, breathing the air gives you a lung freeze. Definitely need to prepare ahead of the cold. The south certainly has it’s more notable milder weather, UNTIL the Oceans rage sending in Hurricanes, crazy winds.
I'm used to winter driving have driven in Blizard conditions may of times, I used to have to travel a hundred miles a day 50 going to work and 50 back home and when it would snow, I'm talking Blizzard conditions, it would sometimes take me six to seven hours to get home, where normally it would take me an hour and 15 minutes without traffic, and then when I'd get home, I'd have to shovel my spot out so I could park my car.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm used to winter driving have driven in Blizard conditions may of times, I used to have to travel a hundred miles a day 50 going to work and 50 back home and when it would snow, I'm talking Blizzard conditions, it would sometimes take me six to seven hours to get home, where normally it would take me an hour and 15 minutes without traffic, and then when I'd get home, I'd have to shovel my spot out so I could park my car.

Believe that! Lived many years in north. A little flurry of snow, (I mean Little, that melts right away)... closes businesses and schools in the south!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Believe that! Lived many years in north. A little flurry of snow, (I mean Little, that melts right away)... closes businesses and schools in the south!
Same here!
I lived in NYC...
Here it almost never snows.
2 inches and everything shuts down!
LOL

Reactions: Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s flipping freezing here in the U.K. ……….still it’s a day off so I can stay inside, really feel for the homeless this time of year. They had very stormy weather in Wales and up north, we got some strong winds but it’s beautiful sunshine today. Rita
It's freezing up north too Rita and we've had our first snow.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're expecting a light dusting of the white stuff tonight, here in Central Pennsylvania. :)

And God is so good!!!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to ski in younger years. I would surf mid winter and could see the mountain from the surf. Surf in morning and ski in afternoon. On some hot days I would ski in shorts and tee shirt. In later yearsi was working on dairy farms, getting up at 4:30am in minus 5c cold, all the water lines frozen, everything you touched made of metal threatened to tear the skin off your fingers. They older I got, there less tolerant I got of the cold. Skiing and surfing are long gone pastimes, replaced by golf and sleeping in. Snow is nice to look at on post cards. Ice is great in drinks when the temperatures above 30c.
God is very good in winter amidst snow and ice. He's awesome in summer.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are hopeless at dealing with snow in this country, everything falls apart.
I think the problem is that snowfall has been so unpredictable for so many years that nothing is put into place because we may not get any. Years ago we always had snow from November onwards and where I live now it was pretty bad. Since moving back here 11years ago we have had one bad snow season and some snow for a few days other years. Up north and Scotland get it nearly every year.
I think they spend money of other things and then panic when snow comes, no forward planning…….
We are a joke when snow comes ………

Ye i noticed that London is not equipped to deal with the snow. But it seems the same in some parts of America as well. I guess its a huge investment to make for a town where it snows rarely

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JohnPaul
Where do you live?
Princeton what?
Yes in the Princeton N.J. area but I was living in North Jersey, Bergen County which is a few minutes from New York and you could see the New York skyline from where I lived, near the Newark area where it's even colder up North Jersey than it is Central to South Jersey, I moved down to the Princeton area to be closer to work and so I wouldn't have to get up so early and drive so far, now I have a 20 minute drive instead of an 1 hour and 15 minute ride.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes in the Princeton N.J. area but I was living in North Jersey, Bergen County which is a few minutes from New York and you could see the New York skyline from where I lived, near the Newark area where it's even colder up North Jersey than it is Central to South Jersey, I moved down to the Princeton area to be closer to work and so I wouldn't have to get up so early and drive so far, now I have a 20 minute drive instead of an 1 hour and 15 minute ride.
Hi JohnPaul,
I know New Jersey well. I grew up across the river in Queens NY.
I was thinking of the Garden State Parkway the other day.
My husband and I and our 2 children would always drive up North in Autumn when the leaves changed.
What a spectacle!
No place like that here.

Whatever happened to Atlantic City?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The weather has been hot and muggy today. Looks like it could rain but doesn't...

Been similar weather here lately, but just had a quick wild storm over a couple of hours ago, which has dropped the temperatures a bit.

Reactions: Angelina

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warm and sunny. Greetings from North Carolina.

A nice 59 degrees out.