When Did the Church of Jesus Begin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Jesus' resurrection, who is the Firstborn and Head of the body.

The first member of His spiritual body on earth was Mary Magdalene, who first saw Him and believed on His resurrection from the dead.

Jesus builds His church body upon believing Him and His resurrection from the heart, when given by His Spirit to do so.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus was believed on by His disciples as being resurrected from the dead, and also gave His apostles commandments for His church, before He ascended to heaven:

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen.

None of His people, and members of His body on earth, recieved the Holy Ghost baptism until the day of Pentecost:

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

But they were already born of God by His Spirit, when receiving Him by faith:

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

Being born of God, and having the Holy Ghost with power come upon us is not the same thing: though it can be at the save time.

Cornelius was born of the Spirit and baptized with the Spirit so soon as he was believing the gospel of Jesus that Peter was preaching to him and his household. (Acts 10)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Jesus' resurrection, who is the Firstborn and Head of the body.

The first member of His spiritual body on earth was Mary Magdalene, who first saw Him and believed on His resurrection from the dead.

Jesus builds His church body upon believing Him and His resurrection from the heart, when given by His Spirit to do so.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus was believed on by His disciples as being resurrected from the dead, and also gave His apostles commandments for His church, before He ascended to heaven:

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen.

None of His people, and members of His body on earth, recieved the Holy Ghost baptism until the day of Pentecost:

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

But they were already born of God by His Spirit, when receiving Him by faith:

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

Being born of God, and having the Holy Ghost with power come upon us is not the same thing: though it can be at the save time.

Cornelius was born of the Spirit and baptized with the Spirit so soon as he was believing the gospel of Jesus that Peter was preaching to him and his household. (Acts 10)
It would seem to me the church of Jesus began with Jesus. One might speculate who was next. Off the top of my head I might say: John. Wasn't he the beloved disciple?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i think the Church began with the first followers. And grew to twelve and then more and more as people heard about Jesus and there were enough followers to make a difference when the spirit fell upon them.
Matthew 4:18
Jesus Calls His First Disciples
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.