• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@IndianaRob

There also seems to be a resurrection, after Jesus's resurrection.

Matthew 27:53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Reactions: IndianaRob

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@IndianaRob

There also seems to be a resurrection, after Jesus's resurrection.

Matthew 27:53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
Yes that was the start of the resurrection but the resurrection is continuous. The Old Testament people that died believing in Christ were given eternal life that day. The believers that were alive at the resurrection were given eternal life. Anyone who comes to Christ is given eternal life.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that was the start of the resurrection but the resurrection is continuous. The Old Testament people that died believing in Christ were given eternal life that day. The believers that were alive at the resurrection were given eternal life. Anyone who comes to Christ is given eternal life.

It's a perplexing scripture that is for sure. Yes, you are right the resurrection now carries on from here to where God resides, once judged, either outside or inside the kingdom from what I assume.

You shared some photos on the other post but they did not come through, Rob.

Reactions: IndianaRob

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a perplexing scripture that is for sure. Yes, you are right the resurrection now carries on from here to where God resides, once judged, either outside or inside the kingdom from what I assume.

You shared some photos on the other post but they did not come through, Rob.
I’m not sure what happened there, I didn’t intentionally try share photos.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, and welcome to the topic: When did the last days start?

It's a good question for any person whom is seeking. There have been many attempts to assume that for today, the last days are now today. However, why is that? It's mainly because of the teaching in the churches today. Now, is there anything wrong with believing that the last days are for today? In my opinion yes.

It's because it simply really seems to give off the apparent reasoning that this world is ending now, today. It gives hopelessness, as it's a large-scale belief that many people are for some reason hoping to see. The end of all of existence going up in the fires of flame.

(Please note that some people may believe differently but this my understanding on the subject: always be encouraged to study for yourself, and seek out God in faith.)

(2 Peter 3:10) - Peter writes to his audience presumably the same audience that was written to in his first letter, to his fellow Jewish brothers, and some Gentiles (depending on what may be said), whom were in the Kingdom areas of Pontus, Galatia, Capadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who were elect according to the foreknowledge of the Father.

Now, with this many people mark this as the sign and time for today that people are looking for which comes like a thief. What is this day? Peter is writing about the day of the LORD, have you ever heard that before?

What is taught normally is that - on the day of the LORD that comes like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

First one thing needs to be addressed here - what is the heavens and the earth which would pass away proclaimed by Jesus? Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. (Matthew 24:35). What should be known about this is that the Jewish brothers of Jesus, looked at their land as their heaven and earth, why? Because God before the death of Christ and resurrection, had chosen a nation, and gave them a land. This land was there heaven and earth. They also had the temple, the temple was were they went to sacrifice and even God would show up in this temple which was on Mount Mariah. You can find this information in (1 Kings 8:11).

For the Jewish people their heavens and earth (land), was theirs, and Jesus claims it would pass away, and so does peter, and how would this come about? With intense heat, and the elements (everything around would) become destroyed? There heaven and earth would pass away it would be no more the age would be over.

How? By the invading armies of Rome which Jesus also proclaimed, (Luke 21:20-24), and this would be the Day of the Lord, which Peter had stated, would come upon the unbelievers at the time like a thief in the night! They would be literally bombarded with God's wrath which ( I suspect ) God used the Roman Armies to take the nation then out, and destroy everything bringing forth a new age which is of the Spirit.

What in the world is Peter talking about? Did he even know what he was talking about as an Apostle of Christ? Of course, for a fisherman, he remembered what he was taught in the old testament, let's go back and look at the very last book of the bible they would have had in their day.

Did Elijah come? According to Jesus he did, and John the baptist was he, (Matthew 17:12), whos head was chopped off because of the request of a wicked people, the Herods.

With these mentions we can see that even John the baptist warned of the wrath to the Pharisees, and even the multitude that had come around to be baptized in the Jordan river.

Okay, so now we need to figure out, when did these last days and when where they promised to come around?

Okay, we have an old testament scripture to rely on, which Peter would have known about having walked around with Jesus, but also having learned of the old testament. There are times where we do not know what Jesus could have told his apostles - while they were together so many books could be written but not even - the earth could hold them, something like that is written.

With this, when can one deduce that the last days had come upon the nation, and it would involve the surrounding nations or Kingdoms in that time?

For a person to make a prophecy it had to be true, and from the mouth of Joel, to the mouth of Peter - the last days had come upon them then.

And the warnings kept coming down the way, if you continue to seek, just look at the writer of Hebrews, which was written to the Jewish brothers as well, who would have more understanding of this, than the gentiles though they were taught these things as the gospel went forth - the judgment resided with Jewish people first as they were the ones under the covenant way before gentiles were brought in along at that time.

Hebrews 1:1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Therefore when did the last days start? Today because people are just unhappy with society at large, or unhappy in their own lives? Just because a man preaches it behind a pulpit?

No. It started then, in their day, and came about to completion at the destruction of all things were laid once again desolated, for the last time, doing away with all things and all enemies becoming underneath the feet of Jesus, and ushering in the new age which is by the Spirit now today, which God adopts those whom are his into his Kingdom now today which resides on the heart which he sees, and that is their hope to go and be with him at the end of life.

All the best, and may God help you, in love,
Matthew
The last days are a specific group of days (1335) after which a new age comes, the Millennial Kingdom. The last days refers to th Great Tribulation. No time period 2000 years ago could be considered the last days, if thousands of years of days continued after that time. Last means last and it must refer to a group at the end of an age.
Now one could argue that The Millennial will have another period of " last days" for that era.
Technically, days will come to an end after the first earth and first heavens are destroyed. There will be no more sun or nights, no more original earth spinning around, which defines a day.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically, days will comet to an end after the first earth and first heavens are destroyed

You know Ronald,

That is something that I would call death. (The end of life.) (Individual life.)

Also 1000 years, is it really 1000 years literally?
If I say I remember something like it was yesterday, and it was not yesterday, was it really yesterday?

All the best friend,
Matthew

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing what you believe to be accurate and true.
From my perspective there is not any reason to get wrapped up in datings.

All the best, and no judgement here,
God bless,
Matthew
This makes absolutely no sense at all. People use the Day nor Hour as an excuse out of ignorance, Jesus is not saying we can't know when he is returning, just that we can not know the exact day nor hour, so if we know within 2 or 3 days that saying is still correct. So, what does it mean? It shows that Israel were on God Time or a Lunar calendar, so each appointed time came via a New Moon, so the phase of the moon changing was an unknown timing, it might change over a period of two to three days, they usually knew within 2 days, so they sent men into the hills to spy out the New Moon, when this new moon came in on the Feast of Trumps that would end the Summer Harvest (think Church Age) and the Jewish leaders ordered the blowing of the Shofar (Trumps) and they blew in 9 sets of 11 or 99 times, then on the "LAST TRUMP" it blew longer and louder than the others 99 times and officially ended the Harvest. The Feast of Atonement was next, Israel must atone, then the Feast of Tabernacle (which means to Dwell with God) sees Jesus ruling from Jerusalem for 1000 years. So, did Israel know when the Harvest was about to end? Yes, within a 2 or 3 day period. God does not leave us blind, we are ordered to give info to the lost in Ezekiel 3:16-18 or their blood is on our hands.

Now here is the funny thing, not one point I made above was about DATINGS via the Pre Trib Rapture, it was about Days within the 70th week, and at the Rapture the 70th week will start and those people not raptured will need this information. Here is the gist, it seems you are a preterist, so you just do not want to see the facts.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EclipseEventSigns

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I say I remember something like it was yesterday, and it was not yesterday, was it really yesterday?
No, it was not really yesterday, and you didn't say it was yesterday, instead, you said like it was yesterday.

I think if we all paid that kind of attention to what we read in the Bible that we'd all have the same views.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt it marks.

Im glad for the differences,

Cause it makes it tough to love and deny ourselves.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes absolutely no sense at all. People use the Day nor Hour as an excuse out of ignorance, Jesus u-is not saying we can't know when he is returning, just that we can not know the exact day nor hour, so if we know withing 2 or 3 days that saying is still correct. So, what does it mean? It shows that Israel were on God Time or a Lunar calendar, so each appointed time came via a New Moon, so the phase of the moon changing was an unknown, it might change over a period of two to three days, they usually knew within 2 days, so they sent men into the hills to spy out the New Moon, when this new moon came in on the Feast of Trumps that would end the Summer Harvest (think Church Age) and the Jewish leaders ordered the blowing of the Shofar (Trumps) and they blew in 9 sets of 11 or 99 times, then on the "LAST TRUMP" it blew longer and louder than the others and officially ended the Harvest. The Feast of Atonement was next, Israel must atone, then the Feast of Tabernacle (which means to Dwell with God) sees Jesus ruling from Jerusalem for 1000 years. So, did Israel know when the Harvest was about to end? Yes, within a 2 or 3 day period. God does not leave us blind, we are ordered to give info to the lost in Ezekiel 3:16-18 or their blood is on our hands.

Now here is the funny thing, not one point I made above was about DATINGS via the Pre Trib Rapture, it was about Days within the 70th week, and at the Rapture the 70th week will start and those people not raptured will need this information. Here is the gist, it seems you are a preterist, so you just do not want to see the facts.

Cant never trust man anyway.

So i dont see a point in bickering.

If i put my trust in just man alone and not the Son of man and Son of God, Emmanuel, Yeshua, one would be in trouble.

Question everything.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your question, and no one should believe me,

I agree with that.

2Ti_2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with that.

2Ti_2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

“Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things. Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen. This is a trustworthy saying: If we die with him, we will also live with him. If we endure hardship, we will reign with him. If we deny him, he will deny us. If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is. Remind everyone about these things, and command them in God’s presence to stop fighting over words. Such arguments are useless, and they can ruin those who hear them. Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more godless behavior. This kind of talk spreads like cancer, as in the case of Hymenaeus and Philetus. They have left the path of truth, claiming that the resurrection of the dead has already occurred; in this way, they have turned some people away from the faith. But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.” In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work. Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things. Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen. This is a trustworthy saying: If we die with him, we will also live with him. If we endure hardship, we will reign with him. If we deny him, he will deny us. If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is. Remind everyone about these things, and command them in God’s presence to stop fighting over words. Such arguments are useless, and they can ruin those who hear them. Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more godless behavior. This kind of talk spreads like cancer, as in the case of Hymenaeus and Philetus. They have left the path of truth, claiming that the resurrection of the dead has already occurred; in this way, they have turned some people away from the faith. But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.” In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work. Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
@ewq1938

You can just make doctrine out of single verses but its not fair to the context or the whole of scripture

From one letter written to Timothy, which was the second letter from Paul to him, which was very personal.

If you have your faith all jacked up over a lesson on the last days, and Jesus was promised to come back, and it had not happened yet, perhaps it would be good to understand the following below, sir.

This letter was before it had happened but those two guys were claiming it did already.

Then you have revelation and Jesus claiming he was coming back quickly.

Everyone needs to be confronted with these things as they will reside in what they are comfortable with and not seek.
No one has to believe me but think for yourself and dont listen to what other people famous or pastor behind a pulpit tell you, or any random youtube videos.

All the best, be encouraged to seek, love you as a brother,

Matthew

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cant never trust man anyway.

So i dont see a point in bickering.

If i put my trust in just man alone and not the Son of man and Son of God, Emmanuel, Yeshua, one would be in trouble.

Question everything.
In other words I proved you in error, I only been preaching on this stuff 40 years, its no wonder todays youth can't learn anything, they refuse to look to their elders for advice.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,

Paul wrote to Timothy saying,

1 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬
“Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.”​

No amount of time matters to me how long you have studied for, you are free to believe however you would like, thank you for sharing here what you believe to be true, however no one has to accept it to be the truth. People should be encouraged to think for themselves and consider what one may say; but everyone should test all things by the spirit.

All the best to you sir,
In love and respect,
Matthew

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In other words I proved you in error, I only been preaching on this stuff 40 years, its no wonder todays youth can't learn anything, they refuse to look to their elders for advice.
That's not a very good reason to trust what you say. You could have been preaching "this stuff" 400 years but if it's not based on a correct understanding of scripture and a right interpretation of prophecy, you still shouldn't be listened to. That's why anyone who appeals to certain Church Fathers in matters of eschatology has no real idea what they are talking about.

To be clear, not saying anything you said was wrong. It's just that being a supposed expert doesn't really mean that much. "Experts" are wrong all the time. And spectacularly wrong as the last few years have demonstrated.

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote to Timothy saying,

1 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬
“Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.”​

No amount of time matters to me how long you have studied for, you are free to believe however you would like, thank you for sharing here what you believe to be true, however no one has to accept it to be the truth. People should be encouraged to think for themselves and consider what one may say; but everyone should test all things by the spirit.
Again, you take scriptures and twist the into a lie. I can show you many places where Paul and Peter orders these types ton heed their elders and tells them they are on milk when they should be on meat and rebukes them etc. etc. In this instance no doubt, if I took the time, I could show in this instance that Timothy was seen by Paul to be in the know via the Spirit, and Paul knew others were coming in trying to teach untruths, maybe even Judaizers etc. So, he is not telling the Church in a BROAD WAY not to listen unto their elders, he is telling Timothy that he knows he is hearing the Holy Spirit, so he can disregard these people who are teaching untruths. The difference is I understand the truth and the Holy Spirit, you don't, else you would know this is an ignorant verse to bring forth because Paul is speaking unto ONE MAN, not in a broad terms.

That's not a very good reason to trust what you say. You could have been preaching "this stuff" 400 years but if it's not based on a correct understanding of scripture and a right interpretation of prophecy, you still shouldn't be listened to. That's why anyone who appeals to certain Church Fathers in matters of eschatology has no real idea what they are talking about.
I could be preaching it for a million years, its still truth because I understand it, you and him do not, that much is obvious. You guys not called unto prophecy but are still trying to teach, and because of this you will answer to God for your actions.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I could be preaching it for a million years, its still truth because I understand it, you and him do not, that much is obvious. You guys not called unto prophecy but are still trying to teach, and because of this you will answer to God for your actions.
I was trying to give you advice for these "instant everything" people.
You don't actually want to challenge me on my level of understanding because you would be proven wrong.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,

I dont believe I have to submit myself to “elders, decons, pastors” or anyone but God, and the Lord Jesus.

Thank you for understanding, you may disagree, and that is fine.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last generation started in may 1948. When judah became nation. Matthew chapter 24, Jesus taught parable of the fig tree. Its bible prophecy.
Jeremiah chapter 24.
The good figs and bad figs. Bible prophecy.
The beginning of sorrows started, Matthew chapter 24. Labor pains will increase until the 6th trump sounds and next, the 7th trump.
Satan as antichrist will come first.
Jesus comes 7th trump.