• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, and welcome to the topic: When did the last days start?

It's a good question for any person whom is seeking. There have been many attempts to assume that for today, the last days are now today. However, why is that? It's mainly because of the teaching in the churches today. Now, is there anything wrong with believing that the last days are for today? In my opinion yes.

It's because it simply really seems to give off the apparent reasoning that this world is ending now, today. It gives hopelessness, as it's a large-scale belief that many people are for some reason hoping to see. The end of all of existence going up in the fires of flame.

(Please note that some people may believe differently but this my understanding on the subject: always be encouraged to study for yourself, and seek out God in faith.)

(2 Peter 3:10) - Peter writes to his audience presumably the same audience that was written to in his first letter, to his fellow Jewish brothers, and some Gentiles (depending on what may be said), whom were in the Kingdom areas of Pontus, Galatia, Capadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who were elect according to the foreknowledge of the Father.

He wrote in his second letter in Chapter 3 verse 10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and [a]its works will be [b]burned up,

Now, with this many people mark this as the sign and time for today that people are looking for which comes like a thief. What is this day? Peter is writing about the day of the LORD, have you ever heard that before?

What is taught normally is that - on the day of the LORD that comes like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

First one thing needs to be addressed here - what is the heavens and the earth which would pass away proclaimed by Jesus? Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. (Matthew 24:35). What should be known about this is that the Jewish brothers of Jesus, looked at their land as their heaven and earth, why? Because God before the death of Christ and resurrection, had chosen a nation, and gave them a land. This land was there heaven and earth. They also had the temple, the temple was were they went to sacrifice and even God would show up in this temple which was on Mount Mariah. You can find this information in (1 Kings 8:11).

For the Jewish people their heavens and earth (land), was theirs, and Jesus claims it would pass away, and so does peter, and how would this come about? With intense heat, and the elements (everything around would) become destroyed? There heaven and earth would pass away it would be no more the age would be over.

How? By the invading armies of Rome which Jesus also proclaimed, (Luke 21:20-24), and this would be the Day of the Lord, which Peter had stated, would come upon the unbelievers at the time like a thief in the night! They would be literally bombarded with God's wrath which ( I suspect ) God used the Roman Armies to take the nation then out, and destroy everything bringing forth a new age which is of the Spirit.

What in the world is Peter talking about? Did he even know what he was talking about as an Apostle of Christ? Of course, for a fisherman, he remembered what he was taught in the old testament, let's go back and look at the very last book of the bible they would have had in their day.

Malachi 4:5 “Look, I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the LORD arrives.

Did Elijah come? According to Jesus he did, and John the baptist was he, (Matthew 17:12), whos head was chopped off because of the request of a wicked people, the Herods.

With these mentions we can see that even John the baptist warned of the wrath to the Pharisees, and even the multitude that had come around to be baptized in the Jordan river.

Okay, so now we need to figure out, when did these last days and when where they promised to come around?

Joel 2:28

The Day of the Lord

28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,

your young men will see visions.

Okay, we have an old testament scripture to rely on, which Peter would have known about having walked around with Jesus, but also having learned of the old testament. There are times where we do not know what Jesus could have told his apostles - while they were together so many books could be written but not even - the earth could hold them, something like that is written.

With this, when can one deduce that the last days had come upon the nation, and it would involve the surrounding nations or Kingdoms in that time?

Acts 2:14-22​

New Living Translation​

Peter Preaches to the Crowd​

14 Then Peter stepped forward with the eleven other apostles and shouted to the crowd, “Listen carefully, all of you, fellow Jews and residents of Jerusalem! Make no mistake about this. 15 These people are not drunk, as some of you are assuming. Nine o’clock in the morning is much too early for that. 16 No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel:
17 ‘In the last days,’ God says,
‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.
18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on my servants—men and women alike—
and they will prophesy.
19 And I will cause wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below—
blood and fire and clouds of smoke.
20 The sun will become dark,
and the moon will turn blood red
before that great and glorious day of the Lord arrives.
21 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved.’[a]
22 “People of Israel, listen! God publicly endorsed Jesus the Nazarene[b] by doing powerful miracles, wonders, and signs through him, as you well know.

For a person to make a prophecy it had to be true, and from the mouth of Joel, to the mouth of Peter - the last days had come upon them then.

And the warnings kept coming down the way, if you continue to seek, just look at the writer of Hebrews, which was written to the Jewish brothers as well, who would have more understanding of this, than the gentiles though they were taught these things as the gospel went forth - the judgment resided with Jewish people first as they were the ones under the covenant way before gentiles were brought in along at that time.

Hebrews 1:1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Therefore when did the last days start? Today because people are just unhappy with society at large, or unhappy in their own lives? Just because a man preaches it behind a pulpit?

No. It started then, in their day, and came about to completion at the destruction of all things were laid once again desolated, for the last time, doing away with all things and all enemies becoming underneath the feet of Jesus, and ushering in the new age which is by the Spirit now today, which God adopts those whom are his into his Kingdom now today which resides on the heart which he sees, and that is their hope to go and be with him at the end of life.

All the best, and may God help you, in love,
Matthew

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The last days, the final period of this Church age, will start with the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath' the Sixth Seal world changer.
That period will last for at least 15 years, as the Seventh Seal tells us; the time needed to fulfil all the things described from Revelation 6:12 to 19:10
The last days will end with the glorious Return of Jesus, for His Millennium reign.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing the futurist view, @Keraz.

If the last days did not start in their day - or if there is a 'double prophecy', people need to be ready for Jesus to return in this day in age.

However, if Jesus Christ, and his apostles and what they taught was true, it would have to had come upon them then in that day and age.

It's up to individuals to decide for themselves, no one has to believe me, that is for sure! :)

All the best,
Matthew

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's a good question for any person whom is seeking. There have been many attempts to assume that for today, the last days are now today. However, why is that? It's mainly because of the teaching in the churches today. Now, is there anything wrong with believing that the last days are for today? In my opinion yes.

It's because it simply really seems to give off the apparent reasoning that this world is ending now, today. It gives hopelessness, as it's a large-scale belief that many people are for some reason hoping to see. The end of all of existence going up in the fires of flame.

(Please note that some people may believe differently but this my understanding on the subject: always be encouraged to study for yourself, and seek out God in faith.)

(2 Peter 3:10) - Peter writes to his audience presumably the same audience that was written to in his first letter, to his fellow Jewish brothers, and some Gentiles (depending on what may be said), whom were in the Kingdom areas of Pontus, Galatia, Capadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who were elect according to the foreknowledge of the Father.

Now, with this many people mark this as the sign and time for today that people are looking for which comes like a thief. What is this day? Peter is writing about the day of the LORD, have you ever heard that before?

What is taught normally is that - on the day of the LORD that comes like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

First one thing needs to be addressed here - what is the heavens and the earth which would pass away proclaimed by Jesus? Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. (Matthew 24:35). What should be known about this is that the Jewish brothers of Jesus, looked at their land as their heaven and earth, why? Because God before the death of Christ and resurrection, had chosen a nation, and gave them a land. This land was there heaven and earth. They also had the temple, the temple was were they went to sacrifice and even God would show up in this temple which was on Mount Mariah. You can find this information in (1 Kings 8:11).

For the Jewish people their heavens and earth (land), was theirs, and Jesus claims it would pass away, and so does peter, and how would this come about? With intense heat, and the elements (everything around would) become destroyed? There heaven and earth would pass away it would be no more the age would be over.

How? By the invading armies of Rome which Jesus also proclaimed, (Luke 21:20-24), and this would be the Day of the Lord, which Peter had stated, would come upon the unbelievers at the time like a thief in the night! They would be literally bombarded with God's wrath which ( I suspect ) God used the Roman Armies to take the nation then out, and destroy everything bringing forth a new age which is of the Spirit.

What in the world is Peter talking about? Did he even know what he was talking about as an Apostle of Christ? Of course, for a fisherman, he remembered what he was taught in the old testament, let's go back and look at the very last book of the bible they would have had in their day.

Did Elijah come? According to Jesus he did, and John the baptist was he, (Matthew 17:12), whos head was chopped off because of the request of a wicked people, the Herods.

With these mentions we can see that even John the baptist warned of the wrath to the Pharisees, and even the multitude that had come around to be baptized in the Jordan river.

Okay, so now we need to figure out, when did these last days and when where they promised to come around?

Okay, we have an old testament scripture to rely on, which Peter would have known about having walked around with Jesus, but also having learned of the old testament. There are times where we do not know what Jesus could have told his apostles - while they were together so many books could be written but not even - the earth could hold them, something like that is written.

With this, when can one deduce that the last days had come upon the nation, and it would involve the surrounding nations or Kingdoms in that time?

For a person to make a prophecy it had to be true, and from the mouth of Joel, to the mouth of Peter - the last days had come upon them then.

And the warnings kept coming down the way, if you continue to seek, just look at the writer of Hebrews, which was written to the Jewish brothers as well, who would have more understanding of this, than the gentiles though they were taught these things as the gospel went forth - the judgment resided with Jewish people first as they were the ones under the covenant way before gentiles were brought in along at that time.

Hebrews 1:1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Therefore when did the last days start? Today because people are just unhappy with society at large, or unhappy in their own lives? Just because a man preaches it behind a pulpit?

No. It started then, in their day, and came about to completion at the destruction of all things were laid once again desolated, for the last time, doing away with all things and all enemies becoming underneath the feet of Jesus, and ushering in the new age which is by the Spirit now today, which God adopts those whom are his into his Kingdom now today which resides on the heart which he sees, and that is their hope to go and be with him at the end of life.

Matthew
For starters, you take the scriptures, misinterpret them, then give a conclusion that is based on false assumptions. The end times and even the last days ae not the same things per se. There are three sets of time in 2000 year periods, we have Noah, the Christ death then we will have Jesus' return to rule for 1000 years, all come in 2000 some odd year increments. So, the last days can be the third set of 2000 years but still not be the "end times" if you catch my drift. Its all perspective.

Peter is describing what will happens at the end of the Day of the Lord. If one does not understand what the DOTL means he has no hope of getting this right, so lets describe or define the DOTL.

1.) It is ONE DAY when God/Jesus start taking back this world from Satan who tricked Adam out of the Dominion God gave him over this world. That is why it is called unto as the DOTL, it is not one day.

2.) The DOTL brings 42 months of Judgment ending with Babylon (Satan's Dark Kingdom of Confusion) being overthrown. Jess takes over and then continues the DOTL with a 1000 year reign.

3.) The DOTL ends with Peter's descriptions of this universe and earth being set on fire. HINT: in my opinion, God allows Satan to win his prize, he will remain on earth forever, with those who love his ways, they will burn forever and ever, this earth and universe will be hell.

So, now all of the DOTL verses make sense, but not when people ascribe them to one day.

Jesus will come like a thief to those of the Darkness, not to those of us in the light, Paul's very verses tell us that, we are not of the dark that this should overtake us, we are children of the light. We can not be caught unawares. This is speaking about the Pre Trib Rapture, once you have missed this event you will go through the 70th week of troubles, where 3.5 years will be like troubles never seen before. So, why do we get the reference in Rev. 16 to Jesus coming as a thief? Well, THINK !! Once the Beast starts his rule everyone on earth will understand he has only 1260 days, they KNOW God because they say lets hide from the Wrath of the Lamb, and they all had in caves etc. So, they all know when the 2nd coming will happen. So, why is that part inserted by God/Jesus and John there? It is God saying, SEE, SEE, SEE, I warned you about all of this long ago, that my Son Jesus was going to return like a thief, and by not heeding that warning, that is why these Vials are falling on you, notice he says this at the 6th Via just before the 7th Vial ends it all. Its like Zech. 13:6-7 which is inserted in a end time passage where the Jews repent, God gave them a picture within a picture, or a prophesy within a prophecy, He shows Israel repenting at the very end, then shows a picture of Jesus death and him being betrayed by his friends. Its a flashback, but also a Prophesy (SMILE) both are foretold in the same passage, one is 500 years into the future, one is 2500 years into the future, but the real prophecy combines them both, they show Israel repenting AND they show the blood that covers their repentance, in the same passage. Powerful stuff.

The truth is you just do not understand Prophecy my friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Ronald D Milam,

Thank you for sharing what you believe to be accurate and true.
From my perspective there is not any reason to get wrapped up in datings.

All the best, and no judgement here,
God bless,
Matthew

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They had already started before the day of Pentecost long ago. I would see the last days as having started after the death and resurrection of Christ. The last days marked the beginning of the new covenant established by the blood of Christ and the end of the old covenant that was made obsolete by the blood of Christ.

Acts 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So, the last days began long ago and go on while people call on the name of the Lord and are saved. That is still happening today, so we are still in the last days.

In 2 Peter 3:3-4, Peter talks about how there would be scoffers in the last days scoffing at the promise of Christ's second coming. People are still scoffing and He has not yet come, so that is more evidence that we are still in the last days and they will last until He comes in the future.

Nope. You're way off here.

2 Peter 3:3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Peter was clearly being very literal in this passage, so the context is that he was talking about literal things that happened in the past, literal things that were happening then and would continue to happen and literal things that would happen in the future.

He indicated that there would literally be scoffers literally scoffing at the literal coming that He promised, which is the second coming of Christ. Then he talked about how these literal scoffers would forget that by God's word the literal heavens came into being and the literal earth "was formed out of water and by water". Then he talked about how the world one time was "deluged and destroyed" by those waters, which is an obvious reference to the literal flood that occurred on the earth in Noah's day. Then he compared a future event to that literal event. Is there any reason to think he was comparing a non-literal event to the literal event of the flood in Noah's day? Of course not.

So, he said "by the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire". So, he was contrasting a future physical event with a past physical event. When he said "by the same word" he was saying they would be the same in a sense (in the sense that they were both physical and global in scope) except that the past event occurred by way of water while the future event would occur by way of fire.

There is absolutely no basis whatsoever for thinking that Peter was talking about anything besides the literal heavens and literal physical earth in 2 Peter 3. And there's no reason to think that Jesus was speaking of anything different in Matthew 24:35, either, since He was talking about the same event in Matthew 24:35-39 that Peter wrote about in 2 Peter 3:3-13.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Spiritual Israelite,

All that is used here is the bible, and a bit of background history on the way that Jewish thought was back in that day. Thank you for sharing that you view the last days as the death, and resurrection of Christ. Did share a lot on the original post for people to consider who want to or not, no one has to accept anything that is stated by me, and it is just open information.

People have to think and decide for themselves of course, and be encouraged.

Thank you again,
Matthew

Reactions: IndianaRob

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

After the end of the age.

Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

After the end of the age.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Before the end of the age, in apostolic times.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Before the end of the age.

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

From the time of the writing of Hebrews.

James 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Presumed then or coming soon.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

In some time to come.

There are also "latter days",

Numbers 24:14 And now, behold, I go unto my people: come therefore, and I will advertise thee what this people shall do to thy people in the latter days.

Deut 4:30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

Deut 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

Jeremiah 23:20 The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.

Jeremiah 30:24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.

Jeremiah 48:47 Yet will I bring again the captivity of Moab in the latter days, saith the LORD. Thus far is the judgment of Moab.

Jerermiah 49:39 But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Daniel 2:28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Daniel 10:14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

Hosea 3:5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thank you for the verses Marks.

The original post, deals with the last days in which Jesus Christ would return (physically gathering the bride in that wrapping of the age) , and the wrath of God would come upon the nation of Israel for having killed the Son of God.

Which would establish the doing away of the Jewish Mosaic Age (the priesthoods, sacrifices, temple, genealogies), and establishes Gods rule over all things, and establishing a heavenly kingdom that people come to by and through with the circumcision of the heart, as that is where the kingdom of God is for believers who are adopted into becoming Children of God.

Not many people believe that this victory has been had, and that is up to individuals of course to decide for themselves what they will do about it when confronted with the original post, which is simply open information to be considered.

Thank you, and all the best,
Matthew

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Matthew
You're on the right track, in my opinion, but the Jewish "heaven and earth" was not broadly their land, as you say, but more specifically their temple, which was destroyed by fire. This is why Jesus said "heaven and earth" would pass away, but his words would never pass away, because his life bringing words were destined to literally replace the physical temple, and they did.

The Jews understood the temple to represent heaven and earth, as it was their connection to heaven from earth. Jesus replaced that connection with himself. He is now our connection to heaven from earth, and this connection will never pass away. This is also why he compared himself to the temple, to rise up three days after being destroyed.

Reactions: MatthewG

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The last days were the last days of Israel being stewards of Gods kingdom, they started when Jesus came.
I agree with this. I used to be adamant that the last days can only mean the days before the sun and the moon disappear, as a day is defined by the sun, and the Bible never seems to be any more specific about the last days of anything in particular, but just the last days in general. So I reasoned that the last days, must be still ahead of us. However, I've since come to realize that it can only refer to the last days of the old covenant, so those "last days" are in fact in our past, and everything that Jesus said would happen in those last days, has indeed happened.

Reactions: IndianaRob

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this. I used to be adamant that the last days can only mean the days before the sun and the moon disappear, as a day is defined by the sun, and the Bible never seems to be any more specific about the last days of anything in particular, but just the last days in general. So I reasoned that the last days, must be still ahead of us. However, I've since come to realize that it can only refer to the last days of the old covenant, so those "last days" are in fact in our past, and everything that Jesus said would happen in those last days, has indeed happened.
Amo 8:1 Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit.

Amo 8:2 And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

In the parable of the fig tree when Jesus said “summer is nigh”, he was referencing Amos 8.

• Love
Reactions: Freedm and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're on the right track, in my opinion, but the Jewish "heaven and earth" was not broadly their land, as you say, but more specifically their temple, which was destroyed by fire. This is why Jesus said "heaven and earth" would pass away, but his words would never pass away, because his life bringing words were destined to literally replace the physical temple, and they did.

The Jews understood the temple to represent heaven and earth, as it was their connection to heaven from earth. Jesus replaced that connection with himself. He is now our connection to heaven from earth, and this connection will never pass away. This is also why he compared himself to the temple, to rise up three days after being destroyed.
Hello freedm,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights.

Praise Yahava, and and the Lord Yeshua,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what prophecies if any are yet to be fulfilled?
What are you looking for?

There is a few that seem to always be in continuation always it seems, however this choice happens on earth, or happens in heaven but not by force, unbelievers are said to wander in the dark in the afterlife, but when thet break and come to desire truth perhaps thet come to God who is all consuming fire. (Its not a forced move by God - its a willingly choice by the individual who comes away from the darkness and maybe we can help them) (Revelation 21-22)

“For our God is a devouring fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Romans 14:11 It is written: “’As surely as I live,’ says the LORD, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

Phillippians
“Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2‬:‭9‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

There also seems to be this one in continuation,

“For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

People are always coming in to the kingdom due to faith.

“In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David. Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!” Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean. “Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God! You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end!””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1‬:‭26‬-‭33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Not sure what you may be looking for @ewq1938, I believe jesus returned already and those at the time seem him come, established the kingdom, and the false prophet, the beast, satan and his demons are done away with, sin, and hades, and death (spiritual).

However not many people are gonna jive with these things (cause it goes against everythinf that one may have been taught), there is also the born again experience into newness of life, that never seems to end because of God adopting children of faith.

Everyone must think for themselves, and decide,

All the best,
Matthew

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you looking for?

Exactly what I asked. Do you believe any prophecies have not been fulfilled? I didn't ask about any in supposed continuation.

More specifically.

Did the second coming already happen?

Heb_9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Did the resurrection of the dead in Christ already happen?

Joh_5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

1Th_4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Did the rapture of the saints already happen?

1Th_4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly what I asked. Do you believe any prophecies have not been fulfilled? I didn't ask about any in supposed continuation.

More specifically.

Did the second coming already happen?

Heb_9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Did the resurrection of the dead in Christ already happen?

Joh_5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

1Th_4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Did the rapture of the saints already happen?

1Th_4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Yes, by faith these things have happened already ( at least in the view I have )

It seems many apply passages to themselves in this modern era.

“This letter is from Paul, Silas, and Timothy. We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. May God give you grace and peace.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“This letter is from Paul, Silas, and Timothy. We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Would you say these two introductions are true? Or does it assume to say to the church in America, or New Zeland or Austrilia?

“This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants the events that must soon take place. He sent an angel to present this revelation to his servant John, who faithfully reported everything he saw. This is his report of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near. This letter is from John to the seven churches in the province of Asia. Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne;”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Is the introduction to the seven churches in Asia minor, is that true? Or was that information not true? It states often of Jesus saying he is coming quickly. It talks anoyt nations, but is that nations today? Or from a specific time period, and of the surrounding areas which they had known about? In jesus day, people from Rome where around by the time he went into ministry.

The centurion had enough faith in Jesus that he said Jesus only needed to say a word and his servant would be healed. Jesus then turned to the crowd following Him and said, “Never have I found such faith in all of Israel” (Matthew 8:10).

When you ask about Hebrews, that letter was written to blood born jews, at least that is jow I see it, and this writer was pointing out the surpemacy of Jesus over the Law.

When you quote Jesus passage, of resuurection, that continues on today, as not everyone is a child of God. There are unbelivers still in the world. There are also those just like in Jesus day that profess christ but inwardly have not have a change of heart.

@ewq1938, so yes. I do believe the last days came snd went. The revelation, and every other book is profitable to read to help mature and grow a person from being a child of God to a son or daughter by the spirit, and there are people who have yet to turn to the Lord, and all of us are going to be judge after this life; transfered from here to there.

Thank you for your question, and no one should believe me,

All the best,
Matthew

Last edited:
Reactions: Freedm

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The resurrection happened when many (not all) of them that slept in the dust awoke.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

This was fulfilled in Matthew 27 when many (not all) bodies of the saints arose.

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The reason many and not all rose in both passages is because the resurrection has nothing to do with resurrecting our earthly bodies. The resurrection was the raising of the bare grain (our souls) in 1 Corinthians 15.

1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

Attachments

• 1691486965269.gif
    1691486965269.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1691486965384.gif
    1691486965384.gif
  • 1691486965499.gif
    1691486965499.gif
  • 1691486965615.gif
    1691486965615.gif