When did the universal Church first mentioned in 110AD stop being universal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And angry a
And yet we have no right to be angry, God will deal with her and her children in due time. She is not the "mother of harlots" for nothing.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
According to Acts 15 it seems that the Church was acting universal even before 110AD.

They gathered in Jerusalem to make a decision that would bind (Matthew 18:18) all Christians to a certain belief and that decision seemed good to the Holy Spirit (Acts 15:18). The Church leaders then sent out a letter or epistle about their decision to the other Churches and they "rejoiced" when they received the letter.

So WHEN did that Church leadership and authority that is spoken of in Acts 15 end?

When did God abandon the Church and not allow anyone to have the authority to make those type of decisions for ALL Christians? When was the authority to bind or loosen taken away from the Church by God?

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
tom55 said:
According to Acts 15 it seems that the Church was acting universal even before 110AD.

They gathered in Jerusalem to make a decision that would bind (Matthew 18:18) all Christians to a certain belief and that decision seemed good to the Holy Spirit (Acts 15:18). The Church leaders then sent out a letter or epistle about their decision to the other Churches and they "rejoiced" when they received the letter.

So WHEN did that Church leadership and authority that is spoken of in Acts 15 end?

When did God abandon the Church and not allow anyone to have the authority to make those type of decisions for ALL Christians? When was the authority to bind or loosen taken away from the Church by God?
When believers no longer have the Holy Spirit and started Roman Catholic Cannibalism.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
דוד חֵן (David) said:
When believers no longer have the Holy Spirit and started Roman Catholic Cannibalism.
When did the Cannibalism begin??

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
דוד חֵן (David) said:
Once they "save you from the Catholic Church" they indoctrinate you with lies. That explains why ex-Catholics become anti-Catholics. No teenager leaves the Church over doctrines, they leave to have friends or to rebel against their parents, or their parents are lapsed or their family is dysfunctional.. Hundreds of Protestant ministers and scholars have left to become Catholic. So it's not about doctrines that people leave Catholicism, it's more about emotion and rebellion to authority.
tom55 said:
When did the Cannibalism begin??
Good question. Don't expect an answer. Jesus never commanded us to eat human flesh. He commanded us to eat His Body and drink His Blood in the form of consecrated Bread and Wine. This was not seriously questioned by anyone until the Protestant revolt 1500 years later. "Cannibalism" is a false charge based on ignorance, anger and rebellion.

David, I hope you start seeing through all the lies that you have been fed, turning your back on Jesus in the Eucharist in favor of grossly misinformed fundamentaliists/evangelicalists is not stepping forward.
Top Ten Reasons to Come Back to the Catholic Church

Martin Luther invented the main Protestant premise of sola scriptura.
He also believed and taught the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.
I believe in revealed truth as it has been consistently handed down,
You believe in whatever you choose....sad...

3565176dee7b0be7337ee81a07b47747.jpg

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
heretoeternity said:
Ok, guess you are not up to speed on Revelation...read it, and learn!
I am very much up to speed with the hermeneutics of the Book of Revelation. I read it regularly and learn from it.

However, there is not a single word in that book that tells me in Rev 17 and 18 about the RCC. Please show me where the RCC is mentioned in Revelation.

Or is this your far-out interpretation that you are inflicting on the Book?

Oz

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
If you cannot see the description of the Roman church in Rev 17 you better pray to have the scales removed from your eyes and for understanding of scripture...read it again after you pray about it!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
heretoeternity said:
If you cannot see the description of the Roman church in Rev 17 you better pray to have the scales removed from your eyes and for understanding of scripture...read it again after you pray about it!
Perhaps you should learn to interpret what the text says and not read your ideology/theology into the text.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Perhaps you should stick to the topic and quit your injecting your personal opinion as much....support whatever you have to say with scripture, as I have done. Otherwise if is worthless, as it is just YOUR opinion, and not Biblical.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Perhaps you should stick to the topic and quit your injecting your personal opinion as much....support whatever you have to say with scripture, as I have done. Otherwise if is worthless, as it is just YOUR opinion, and not Biblical.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That from a person who only ever gives his opinion. Hilarious

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OzSpen said:
Perhaps you should learn to interpret what the text says and not read your ideology/theology into the text.
You have not shown me where Rev 17 & 18 refer to the RCC. You have imposed your belief on it. You have not exegeted the Scripture. If you cannot demonstrate the RCC is mentioned in Rev 17 & 18, then you should quit your niggling NOW and go away and enjoy your popcorn! :popcorn:

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
You will learn, to interpret scripture if you pray about it..it is obvious you have not, and are having a problem in this area...you are to be pitied and we will pray for you...Cheers...

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That from a person who only ever gives his opinion. Hilarious
And this post by someone whose religious organization claims to follow God, and yet disregards His first four Commandments..interesting theology..

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
heretoeternity said:
And this post by someone whose religious organization claims to follow God, and yet disregards His first four Commandments..interesting theology..
Tell me how the Holy Spirit guides you to bear false witness with stupid sadistic insults...interesting theology.

The teaching on the 10 commandments is a matter of public record, you are just afraid to look, or the volume is overwhelming. Here, I'll make it easy for you, since objective research is not your strong point.
http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/part3_2.html

anticatholicism.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.