When does God actually literally come to the earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was the Catholic Church that gave us the New Testament and decided which of the two versions of the Old Testament to use. Wouldn't you think it should be the same Catholic Church that can tell us what the Catholic authors meant when they wrote the New Testament? Or are you claiming that someone coming along 16 centuries or later, reading a translation of the Bible through their own 21st century mind, suddenly knows different?
Paul is the author of most of the NT. Paul was a Jew (Israelite) of the tribe of Benjamin.

He mentions nothing about being a Catholic. You are a Catholic, so you attempt to turn the church into Catholicism to stroke your own ego.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that by now, or fairly soon, this transubstantiation ship will be in for a major overhaul, or better yet, moth balled and then kept off the seas of humanity for good.
God and His truths are unchanging. The last thing we should do is change the teachings of Christ because the world is changing.

Add to that the many Eucharistic miracles that have occurred (probably for those having a hard time believing or understanding of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist), in different countries at different times, etc. This is when the Eucharist, under the appearance of bread and wine, suddenly change into visible flesh and blood. Scientific studies of these substances have been done to assure they weren't man-made or scams. They show a consistency, regardless of time and place. 1) The tissue is heart tissue. 2) it is from a male human being, aged 30-35. (Jesus was 33 when crucified). 3) It has type AB blood, which is very rare, but less rare in people from the Middle East. 4) The blood is in the same proportion as fresh blood. If we cut ourselves and bleed profusely, the serum from the puddle of blood will begin to separate. Not so with these samples. 5) The blood has an abundance of white blood cells, indicating that the individual from whom the sample was taken suffered greatly. There are many more examples of these forensic tests, but these are enough to at least make you wonder...unless you're really not interested in the truth.

• Wow
Reactions: APAK

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sequence is as follows:

At the Second Advent Jesus Christ returns to this Earth:

God is still in Heaven at this time, Jesus is the Actor in the White Throne Judgment (which comes at the end of the Millennium). God will not be with 'man' until all evil is cleansed by extreme removal (perdition - complete and utter destruction). Approximately 1000 years after the above Scripture (Rev 19) transpires, we have the below great event officiated by Jesus Christ. Now all evil people (souls) are destroyed in the Lake of Fire (commonly and errantly referred to by Christians as "going to hell"):

But God said that He would do the Judging. This can only be so if Jesus is God. And Jesus is God as Thomas so astutely observed "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." (John 20:28).

Everything that is happening is still happening on the Earth. All the events up till now are happening on the planet Earth, not in Heaven.

Then, and only then, will God dwell One on one with His children (this is the eternity). At that time we will be able to speak to God and walk with Him as we did in the age that was as Adam did before he sinned:

Now we are in Heaven because now Heaven is here on Earth. Heaven is wherever God is, it is His abode. Heaven (for us) is a time rather than a location. And when God comes once again to live amongst His children, then Earth is Heaven. The Garden of Eden was Heaven when God was there (the Garden of Eden is called the garden of God in other places--Ezek 28:13). When God visited Moses, Moses was told to remove his shoes "...for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground" (Ex 3:5) because he stood on Holy ground--he was in Heaven because God was there.

Well, in the end, after all is made anew, the whole Earth shall be Heaven because God shall be there.
You might say God is already here.

Reactions: Mr E

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might say God is already here.
In spirit yes, but God has a body. Is God here in this form?

Show me your glory.” God responds that He cannot be seen by any human being. But, God tells Moshe, “Stand in the cleft of the rock” and “you will see My back, but My face must not be seen.” (Exodus 33: 17-23)

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and His truths are unchanging. The last thing we should do is change the teachings of Christ because the world is changing.

Add to that the many Eucharistic miracles that have occurred (probably for those having a hard time believing or understanding of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist), in different countries at different times, etc. This is when the Eucharist, under the appearance of bread and wine, suddenly change into visible flesh and blood. Scientific studies of these substances have been done to assure they weren't man-made or scams. They show a consistency, regardless of time and place. 1) The tissue is heart tissue. 2) it is from a male human being, aged 30-35. (Jesus was 33 when crucified). 3) It has type AB blood, which is very rare, but less rare in people from the Middle East. 4) The blood is in the same proportion as fresh blood. If we cut ourselves and bleed profusely, the serum from the puddle of blood will begin to separate. Not so with these samples. 5) The blood has an abundance of white blood cells, indicating that the individual from whom the sample was taken suffered greatly. There are many more examples of these forensic tests, but these are enough to at least make you wonder...unless you're really not interested in the truth.
You would need to disprove the following… Good luck.

Pre-Christ History and related info:

4004 BC2 Adam formed in the Garden of Eden.
2550 BC Sphinx of Giza.
2348 BC2 Great flood of Noah (Noah's 600th year. [Gen 7:6,11]
2000 BC Stonehenge built (exact date disputed).
1490 BC2 Pentateuch written by Moses (first five books of the Bible Old Testament: Gen - Deut).
563 BC Buddha, Prince Siddhartha Gautama.
551 BC Confucius, K'ung Fu-tzu.
150 BC Essene community founded (inhabitants of the Qumran community 14 miles east of Jerusalem where the Dead Sea Scrolls were recovered in 1947).
55 BC Invasion of Britain by Rome under Julius Caesar.
4 BC2 Birth of Jesus.
Christianity comes into being:
All dates approximate.

AD 292 Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God.
  • The 69 sevens of the book of Daniel (written in approx. 495 B.C.) end with the "cutting off of the Messiah" [Dan 9:26] at A.D. 29.
  • A.D. 29 was 483 (69x7) years from the "going forth of the commandment to build Jerusalem" [Dan 9:25] in 454 BC. (that decree given in [Neh 2:4-8]).
Dan 9:25-26
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. (KJV)
AD 29 - 590 The beginning Christian churches are scattered without a central head, but through the influence of the Holy Spirit of God, Christianity continues to grow and spread at a geometric rate.
AD 37 Joseph of Arimathea establishes first above ground church in the world at Glastonbury, in Britain.
AD 41 Term "Christian" first used in Antioch.
AD 43 Edict of Emperor Claudius to exterminate Christian Britain.
AD 49 First Christian Council, in Jerusalem.
AD 52 Caractacus taken prisoner to Rome along with Bran, his three sons, and daughters -- including Linus and Claudia of { 2 Tim. 4:21}.
AD 53 Pudens and Claudia (Gladys) of { 2 Tim. 4:21} marry.
AD 60 The Boadicean War.
AD 65 Paul and Peter executed. Tradition has it that Paul was beheaded - not recorded in the Bible; and that Peter was crucified upside down - not recorded in the Bible, but perhaps prophesied in [John 21:17-19].
Tradition has it that Peter, upon learning that he would be crucified, felt himself unworthy to die in the same manner as the Lord Jesus Christ; and thus as a dying request, he asked to be crucified with his head down and his feet up (upside-down).
AD 69 Titus of Rome sacks and destroys Jerusalem. This same Jerusalem would once again become a part of the new Jewish state in 1967. This Jewish State Israel would become a Nation once again in 1948 in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. (see further on below).
AD 156 Good King Lucius, by edict, proclaims Britain the first Christian nation.
AD 290 The Diocletian persecution (290-300).
AD 306 At Britain, at his father's death, Constantine declares himself Emperor of Rome.
AD 407 Jerome translates the Latin Vulgate, the early Catholic Bible.
AD 411 Rome withdraws troops from Britain.
AD 449 Angles, Saxons and Jutes invade Britain for the next two centuries driving the British Culdee Celts to the extreme west.
AD 570 Mohammed born (founder of Islam, the Muslim religion). The Muslim religion began about AD 611.
AD 590-604 The first real Pope*, Gregory I (who in fact turned down the title!). The Catholic Church formed. (the term 'Catholic' simply means 'universal').
* Some claim that the first Pope was (Leo I in 440-461). But either way it lays bare the current fable that the Papacy traces all the way back to Peter, one of the Twelve Apostles.
AD 1054 The Eastern Orthodox church is formed. They split from the Roman Catholic Church over the dispute of the power and authority of the Pope.
Roman Catholic Church:

AD 1215 The 4th Lateran Council of the Roman Catholic church, held in the Lateran Palace, Rome, endorses Doctrine of Transubstantiation.
This is the blasphemy that states that the Catholic Priest transforms the Sacraments of the bread and wine into the ACTUAL LITERALbody and blood of Jesus Christ. Thus along with symbolic cannibalism, they crucify our Lord anew every Sunday.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In spirit yes, but God has a body. Is God here in this form?

Show me your glory.” God responds that He cannot be seen by any human being. But, God tells Moshe, “Stand in the cleft of the rock” and “you will see My back, but My face must not be seen.” (Exodus 33: 17-23)
He did say we were created in his image, though that doesn't prove he ha a body - he could have been referring to a spiritual image. I think of Jesus as being God in flesh, so if God has a body, I would think it would be the body of Jesus.

We talk of God/Jesus coming in the end times, yet up until now, each generation has died, not having seen the Lord in flesh (except those who witnessed Jesus in Bible times).

I still wonder if God/Jesus will have a body in heaven, or if we will only know him through our spirits.

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn’t consider it, just presenting what I feel is truth.
Of course it's the truth. I don't know why you 'presented' it in reply to this scripture.

Matthew 24:30-31 & 36
“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. . . . . . . But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did say we were created in his image, though that doesn't prove he ha a body - he could have been referring to a spiritual image. I think of Jesus as being God in flesh, so if God has a body, I would think it would be the body of Jesus.

We talk of God/Jesus coming in the end times, yet up until now, each generation has died, not having seen the Lord in flesh (except those who witnessed Jesus in Bible times).

I still wonder if God/Jesus will have a body in heaven, or if we will only know him through our spirits.
Of course it's the truth. I don't know why you 'presented' it in reply to this scripture.

Matthew 24:30-31 & 36
“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. . . . . . . But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Fair enough…
But the question still remains… If Jesus is God, why didn’t He know the time?

And since Christ is no longer in the flesh, does He now know the time?

Most importantly as to the topic, when Jesus returns to earth… where is God?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough…
Jesus was also a man so I would think he didn't know because he was still a human and it hadn't been revealed to him yet. I don't think he was lying or trying to trick people.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough…

I believe Jesus did know he was God.

He was setting an example for us, so he couldn't call himself God, because he didn't want us to run around calling ourselves God.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was also a man so I would think he didn't know because he was still a human and it hadn't been revealed to him yet. I don't think he was lying or trying to trick people.
I believe this… as He was made a little lower than the angles…

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus did know he was God.

He was setting an example for us, so he couldn't call himself God, because he didn't want us to run around calling ourselves God.
I believe there is a structure to the Gospel.

Matthew is the Lord Jehovah- King

Mark is Jehovahs servant

Luke sets forth not so much as the Messiah as in Matthew or Jehovahs servant as in Mark, but the ideal man.

John presents Jesus as God.

Companion Bible.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a structure to the Gospel.

Matthew is the Lord Jehovah- King

Mark is Jehovahs servant

Luke sets forth not so much as the Messiah as in Matthew or Jehovahs servant as in Mark, but the ideal man.

John presents Jesus as God.

Companion Bible.
John seems to be a more intimate look at Jesus.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John seems to be a more intimate look at Jesus.
Maybe, but I see a type of righteous anger.

He told the woman at the well go get your husband, he called Judas a thief and told the Jews they were of the devil.

I see a type of aggression in Him that resembles the Lord of the OT.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, but I see a type of righteous anger.

He told the woman at the well go get your husband, he called Judas a thief and told the Jews they were of the devil.

I see a type of aggression in Him that resembles the Lord of the OT.
The Lord of the Old Testament was the Lord of the New Testament.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough…

God is Plural as Father, Son and Holy Spirit- They are not each other.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord of the Old Testament was the Lord of the New Testament.
I agree…. But through Christ I am able to have a different relationship with the Lord.

In the OT I would not be able to approach the Lord in repentance. I would have needed to go through the high priest, who would have spoken to the Lord and then advised me on what I need to do.

Now I can approach the Lord boldly through Christ by simply believing in Christ, and repenting.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree…. But through Christ I am able to have a different relationship with the Lord.

In the OT I would not be able to approach the Lord in repentance. I would have needed to go through the high priest, who would have spoken to the Lord and then advised me on what I need to do.

Now I can approach the Lord boldly through Christ by simply believing in Christ, and repenting.
I think we've always been able to approach the Lord. Paul said, "Pray constantly" (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I think that has always been true.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The force of Justice upholds judgment. Justice is the deductive aspect of reason. Logos.

The symbol of justice is the sword. Or sword and flame.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household” (Matthew 10:34-36).

Symbolically, we have 'the scales of justice' --it's a balance in which value is weighed. The sword is not representative of justice, but of dividing-- separating, splitting. It's cast in contrast to peace, because it's more associated with conflict/division.

Reactions: Zachariah.