When Is It Time To Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Just a thought, if a person believes that life is in Gods hands, and the time of their death is in his hands, why refuse medical care ?
Whether you have medical help or not will not impact ' when ' a life ends, so why not recieve help to improve the quality of your life while you can ?
Also, if you believe in Gods ultimate control of our deaths, what about when someone drink drives and kills someone, or a shooter enters a school- do you believe the victims would die in some way, at that time, on that day ?
What about consequences to the choices we and others make ?
Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What is a caduceus ?
the little snake on a pole that Drs wear on their collars?

fwiw you can just highlight a word and then click "search Google" (in Chrome anyway) or even copy/paste the word into a google bar, and get a quicker answer tho. I bother here rather than just telling you--which i have no prob with--because you can also use this to highlight phrases that you would like to reflect more on, you get a wealth of info on any subject that way, many opinions rather than one, on any subject/phrase you care to search. searching "apple duck pocket" yields 1.5 million hits now lol. Most of them useless, sure. Step two might be that you can just add "-______" to any search string to remove irrelevant results/returns/hits

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

the little snake on apole that Drs wear?

fwiw you can just highlight a word and then click "search Google" (in Chrome anyway) or even copy/paste the word into a google bar, and get a quicker answer tho. I bother here rather than just telling you--which i have no prob with--because you can also use this to highlight phrases that you would like to reflect more on, you get a wealth of info on any subject that way, many opinions rather than one, on any subject/phrase you care to search. searching "apple duck pocket" yields 1.5 million hits now lol. Most of them useless, sure. Step two might be that you can just add "-______" to any search string to remove irrelevant results/returns/hits
I looked the word up and it explained about the snake on a pole, but did not mention that it was on ties that doctors wear - I was wondering what the connection to the thread was.
So are you saying that Drs are snakes ?!
Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
However how something is used does not mean that the original knowledge was not God given or that it is not part of Gods provision.
i gotta agree there, but at the same time i am maybe a bit too aware that healthy ppl do not need Drs, and non-consumers do not contribute to the GDP in the same way that codependents do

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just a thought, if a person believes that life is in Gods hands, and the time of their death is in his hands, why refuse medical care ?
Whether you have medical help or not will not impact ' when ' a life ends, so why not recieve help to improve the quality of your life while you can ?
well, understand that the opposite arg could be made--if when i die is in God's hand, why take meds?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if that is what the "help" is doing, i guess i am all for that. At the same time i have issues with sending the healthiest to war, and relieving the symptoms of the self-inflicted sickest. So it is not a one-dimensional concept i guess

B

Butterfly

well, understand that the opposite arg could be made--if when i die is in God's hand, why take meds?
Yes, that's true- but surely some meds do help with some symtoms - where as not taking meds may mean a person is suffering when they do not need to.
Butterfly

B

Butterfly

if that is what the "help" is doing, i guess i am all for that. At the same time i have issues with sending the healthiest to war, and relieving the symptoms of the self-inflicted sickest. So it is not a one-dimensional concept i guess
No, definately not clear cut - I agree.
Butterfly

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So are you saying that Drs are snakes ?
hmm. allopathy--the treatment of symptoms rather than the remediation of causes--strikes me as a way to avoid repentance from sin, and we can observe that yes, Drs can be snakes, even if that isn't quite what i meant--more the first part there, that Nehushtan worship can be perceived as a way to avoid repentance, similar to going to a Dr (and of course paying money) to relieve one of their symptoms

Reactions: Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so i guess i'm saying that Drs who graduate are indoctrinated into a bad concept, that of symptom treatment over cause alleviation, which of course no one wants to stop drinking coke, or whatever the cause of their prob usually is right.
a 3 day fast will cure many ills, but who wants to do that lol

Reactions: brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, that's true- but surely some meds do help with some symtoms - where as not taking meds may mean a person is suffering when they do not need to.
for this imo we would have to get down to cases i guess; of course meds alleviate symptoms--at a cost--but is that the best approach? How were the symptoms caused iow. And why aren't we just availing ourselves of the plant/active ingredient that the meds invariably came from. etc

B

Butterfly

so i guess i'm saying that Drs who graduate are indoctrinated into a bad concept, that of symptom treatment over cause alleviation, which of course no one wants to stop drinking coke, or whatever the cause of their prob usually is right.
a 3 day fast will cure many ills, but who wants to do that lol
Good point - personal responsibility/ accountability ect

Reactions: bbyrd009
B

Butterfly

ha, maybe they need to suffer. Is a hangover cure really a good thing?
Lol - long time since I had a hangover, I give no sympathy to those with hangovers.
How many people say ' never again ' !

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
GINOLJC, to all, I like that, "sell by" date!

PCY
i simply can't describe how much i detest this outlook, although i understand that it is said in innocence.
This is only the result of an intense campaign against the human race imo, and fwiw an Easterner would consider us completely insane for this perspective. Note how well this perspective fits with your whole family spread across the continent, right, no one living near family anymore, everyone on the move. And of course no landowners either, right, no one reading this owns any land either, see

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are so right as in praying and prayer for those with more time on their hands

Yes true....or the option of internet Sites like this one!! :D
Maybe I should be praying much more and posting much LESS!!! o_O