When Is It Time To Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,,,,,,,,, at my age I cant do this any more.........! and now we live out in the
farm area....... that's why. and I am the only lone living so long from my family....

WHY?

Reactions: Triumph1300

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Amadeus,

That's why I come to forums to help , since I cant remember as well as I did, I can
post from the bible...... a very good help for me.......

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some may find this interesting...some won't.
Im sure @bbyrd009 will at least give it a look over.( Remember Mark...this is talking about when we are 'my age'....not at your age now)

I found it so interesting. I will put the link so you can read it for yourself.
But as many ( like me) do not like links...I will put a snippet right here.

I think some of us can agree that at "our age" (76) and much younger for me. We have basically be 'kept from dying' by medication ( blood pressure meds, heart meds...surgeries, etc) I am already past my "sell by" date! :)

So, in one way we have already taken our time of death out of God's trusting hand, and into our own. So the answer.." I am trusting God's timing.." doesn't wash for some of us.

This link is asking - When is it time to say ..'enough'....I will "take an aspirin if I get a headache, but if I get pneumonia I will say no thank you to the antibiotics, The Colonoscopies ,Mammography, Scan's etc ( which I personally have always done anyway...but I have had surgeries and taken the medications.....but...when do we stop?)
When is it time to let go?

So, here is the snippet and also the link for those who find it as interesting as I did :)
Quote:-
That’s how long I want to live: 75 years.

This preference drives my daughters crazy. It drives my brothers crazy. My loving friends think I am crazy. They think that I can’t mean what I say; that I haven’t thought clearly about this, because there is so much in the world to see and do. To convince me of my errors, they enumerate the myriad people I know who are over 75 and doing quite well. They are certain that as I get closer to 75, I will push the desired age back to 80, then 85, maybe even 90.

I am sure of my position. Doubtless, death is a loss. It deprives us of experiences and milestones, of time spent with our spouse and children. In short, it deprives us of all the things we value.

But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

By the time I reach 75, I will have lived a complete life. I will have loved and been loved.
Etc etc etc.....blah blah.... End Quote.
LINK -
< Why I Hope to Die at 75 >

Bless you... :)
Look at Moses, 80 years old and God says, I have a project for you. That’s encouraging for me :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anything about motorcycles , but this one is nice looking!
I guess they are nice to ride ! My son had one before he left home and I tried to get
him to take me for a ride, but ...... a teen ager ?

Reactions: Triumph1300

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It looks immaculate. At heart I’m an adventurer. Across land on bikes, across the ocean on sailing boats always doing it as cost effective as possible and in the process attempting to connect with the local people. It’s not always as easy as it might sound and often wonder how Jesus did it. Maybe it’s just my personality