When is the last time you told a lie?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:31
[31]By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

It wasn't Rahab's lie that God commended her for. It was her works of faith. She believed on the one true God, and received the spies, and sent them. She most likely didn't know the commandment of God not to lie.

Nowhere in scripture does it say that she was commended for lying, which was a sin. ALL of us have sinned and fallen short, and if we believe on Christ, we have all been recipients of God's mercy, grace, and forgiveness. He blesses us despite out failures, not because of them.
The command isn’t to never lie, but never to give false testimony AGAINST your neighbor.
That’s specific and not a generalization.

It’s not a sin to lie to save a life.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The command isn’t to never lie, but never to give false testimony AGAINST your neighbor.
That’s specific and not a generalization.

It’s not a sin to lie to save a life.
And yet, there are many places in the Bible that speak of lying, bearing false witness, and deceitfulness.

Psalm 120:2

[2]Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.

Proverbs 6:17-19
[17]A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
[18]An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
[19]A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 12:22
[22]Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Proverbs 19:9
[9]A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.

Colossians 3:9-10
[9]Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10]And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Revelation 21:8
[8]But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Reactions: Nancy and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've never lied...I'm tellin' ya the truth! Ya gotta believe me...I wouldn't lie about something like this! Lol