When Jesus said, “there is none good but one, that is, God.” did He mean nobody could be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
First and foremost, everyone....notice he did not answer the questions.

What the readers will notice is that i responded to your initial lie.
I never read past it..
No need.

So, when you can find that quote, you can back up your LIE.

That'll never happen, so what does that make you, Grailhunter?

If you are not a half-wit, then find my Thread, whose topic deals with the "Sinning Christian".
You'll be surprised by what i teach about believers who try to live in Sin and wont turn from that carnal behavior.
I teach exactly and only what Paul teaches.....regarding that subject.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus said, “there is none good but one, that is, God.” in Mark 10:18, did He mean that nobody could later be good?

Important Note:

I have an answer to this question, but I am merely asking publicly to see what other believers have to say (and not because I don’t have an answer). I am also redirecting this topic from another thread so as not to derail that one.
We do this or that because it's good.
If we were good this or that would be good because we did it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the readers will notice is that i responded to your initial lie.
I never read past it..
No need.

So, when you can find that quote, you can back up your LIE.

That'll never happen, so what does that make you, Grailhunter?

If you are not a half-wit, then find my Thread, whose topic deals with the "Sinning Christian".
You'll be surprised by what i teach about believers who try to live in Sin and wont turn from that carnal behavior.

Tap dance for a license to sin.
Mouthful of lies, sin, and blasphemy is the character of OSAS.
Blah! Blah! sin and get rewarded is your message.
You can pour sugar on a turd, but it is still a turd.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh the teachings of Paul? I am surprised that you would be so foolish to slander Paul. You are nothing but a sad joke! Here is some Paul for ya!

Ephesians 5:5-6 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

2nd Corinthians :5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy,
drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1st Corinthians 6:18-20 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

Colossians 3:5-10 5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

2nd Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

It is obvious that you cherry pick Paul too.

Be good and do good!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Tap dance for a license to sin.
Mouthful of lies, sin, and blasphemy is the character of OSAS.

I realize that you are obsessed with some concept of OSAS, and have no ability to behave with any respect or maturity on a Christian Forum.
We understand this about you. Grailhunter.
But here is the thing... I offered you to find my Thread on the Sinning Christian so that you could at least have my actual teaching.
Instead you just dig deeper into your deception and post more low brow innuendo.
So, you have to understand, i would never lie to you.
Here is my Thread, that teaches on the Topic of a Sinning Christian.
See if you can find any "enjoy your sinning" in my Teaching THREAD, little man.
-
-
Here is what happens to the Christian who lives in SIN.

1st) your body is "dead because of sin" and your "Old man is crucified with Christ".

So, as that is the TRUTH regarding a "new Creation in Christ"...then... what is available for the LAW to condemn, regarding a "sinning Christian"?

See, your SPIRIT< which is the real you, is "In Christ" "One with God" if you are born again, and not just water baptized thinking you are saved.

Notice Romans 4:8. Paul teaches that God does not charge SIN against/to the Born again.
Why?
He can't, as He has already Judged CHRIST on the CROSS for them all.
God does not "double judge".... He does not judge a born again believer for sin that Jesus has DIED FOR already, 2000 yrs ago.

So, when a sincere believer, who is studying the word, and is learning about what it means to become a "new creation in Christ" and they find out that their SIN is gone, and their Judgment due them is on JESUS 2000 yrs ago.... the devil comes to them, through a person, or to their mind and says...>>"They are telling you that you can sin and there is no consequence, because Jesus paid for it all". "so, you can live like the devil"..

See that? THAT is how the DEVIL works. He is always trying to CONFUSE TRUTH with somethig that sounds true, but is just a very CLEVER LIE.

And here is the answer to that LIAR...

ALL SIN is resolved by JESUS's on the Cross. 2 Corinthinians 5:19. """"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their SIN unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.""""

So, there go your sins. = Jesus bore them all.......IF you are born again.

Now, if you decide to live in the flesh, and continually commit works of the flesh.
Here is what happens.
Your faith will become DEAD, and "christian stuff" will become completely unimportant to you as you mind slides deeper and deeper into "darkness".
THEN....
You will begin to suffer down here.
The hardships and the hurt will come and come and come and won't stop harming you.
You'll lose everything, eventually.....including your health, and if you still wont stop and turn back to GOD, even after God corrects you time after time, .. Paul says you will DIE.

So, there is you EARTHLY consequence for "living in sin, as a Christian"....as that is what is known as "sowing and reaping"., and "your sin will find you out".... and that is a spiritual law that is not taken away by The Cross of Christ, or by "being under Grace".
However, that is not God judging you for sin, as He has already judged JESUS for them all...on the Cross.
Be sure you understand that distinction.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that you are obsessed with some concept of OSAS, and have no ability to behave with any respect or maturity on a Christian Forum.
We understand this about you. Grailhunter.
But here is the thing... I offered you to find my Thread on the Sinning Christian so that you could at least have my actual teaching.
Instead you just dig deeper into your deception and post more low brow innuendo.
So, you have to understand, i would never lie to you.
Here is my Thread, that teaches on the Topic of a Sinning Christian.
See if you can find any "enjoy your sinning" in my Teaching THREAD, little man.
-
-
Here is what happens to the Christian who lives in SIN.

1st) your body is "dead because of sin" and your "Old man is crucified with Christ".

So, as that is the TRUTH regarding a "new Creation in Christ"...then... what is available for the LAW to condemn, regarding a "sinning Christian"?

See, your SPIRIT< which is the real you, is "In Christ" "One with God" if you are born again, and not just water baptized thinking you are saved.

Notice Romans 4:8. Paul teaches that God does not charge SIN against/to the Born again.
Why?
He can't, as He has already Judged CHRIST on the CROSS for them all.
God does not "double judge".... He does not judge a born again believer for sin that Jesus has DIED FOR already, 2000 yrs ago.

So, when a sincere believer, who is studying the word, and is learning about what it means to become a "new creation in Christ" and they find out that their SIN is gone, and their Judgment due them is on JESUS 2000 yrs ago.... the devil comes to them, through a person, or to their mind and says...>>"They are telling you that you can sin and there is no consequence, because Jesus paid for it all". "so, you can live like the devil"..

See that? THAT is how the DEVIL works. He is always trying to CONFUSE TRUTH with somethig that sounds true, but is just a very CLEVER LIE.

And here is the answer to that LIAR...

ALL SIN is resolved by JESUS's on the Cross. 2 Corinthinians 5:19. """"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their SIN unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.""""

So, there go your sins. = Jesus bore them all.......IF you are born again.

Now, if you decide to live in the flesh, and continually commit works of the flesh.
Here is what happens.
Your faith will become DEAD, and "christian stuff" will become completely unimportant to you as you mind slides deeper and deeper into "darkness".
THEN....
You will begin to suffer down here.
The hardships and the hurt will come and come and come and won't stop harming you.
You'll lose everything, eventually.....including your health, and if you still wont stop and turn back to GOD, even after God corrects you time after time, .. Paul says you will DIE.

So, there is you EARTHLY consequence for "living in sin, as a Christian"....as that is what is known as "sowing and reaping"., and "your sin will find you out".... and that is a spiritual law that is not taken away by The Cross of Christ, or by "being under Grace".
However, that is not God judging you for sin, as He has already judged JESUS for them all...on the Cross.
Be sure you understand that distinction.

But still the scriptures stand against you. The truth stands against you.
Answer the questions....I dare you.
Christianity is a religion of morality not a religion of rewarding evil.
Heaven will not be full of evildoers whatever their excuse is....the Bible explains that very clearly. You have an evil fantasy religion going on between your ears....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But still the scriptures stand against you. The truth stands against you.
Answer the questions....I dare you.
Christianity is a religion of morality not a religion of rewarding evil.

You didnt read it.
If you had read it, you would see that there is no 'freedom to sin" found In God's Grace.
Why? Because there isn't.
Ok then..
I will go back and answer your questions, as you need the attention, and then im done.
See you there.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
LOL So you think that Christ died on the cross so you could sin all you want?
Do you think Christ will reward sinning?
Do you think that Christ intended to start a religion of sin? The Way was directions on how to sin?
Do you think that heaven will be filled with abortionists, murders, rapists, child molesters, cannibals, homosexuals, sexual sinners, druggies? Do you know that the Bible specifically says that is not going to happen?
What do you think hell is for? Do think hell is for good people? Heaven is for rewarding evil?
Do you think our heavenly reward will be to spend eternity with evildoers and scum?
Will women meet their rapists in heaven and witness their reward?
Will people meet their child molesters and witness their reward?

LOL I am just glad I do not have a religion that has to deny so many scriptures and condone sinning.
Your beliefs are an abomination that God witnesses and will act accordingly.

""""" So you think that Christ died on the cross so you could sin all you want?"""""

No true believer who perfectly understands the Grace of God and the Cost Jesus suffered on their behalf, would ever believe that they can "sin all they want', now that they are born again, and redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

"""""""""Do you think Christ will reward sinning?""""""""

God does not reward sin. He forgives its with the Cross of Christ.
If after you are forgiven and born again, you decide to live in carnal behavior, then i wrote a Thread that teaches the consequences.

Here are a few of the consequences, regarding a Born Again Believer, who lives Carnally on purpose.

You will lose everything, eventually.

As the effect of choosing to live carnally as a Believer, brings this into your life..= "sowing and Reaping".
This is a spiritual law, and it finds you, both as a sinning unbeliever, and as a Carnal Christian who is backslidden and unrepentant.

If you are a Minister and you have your Church......You'll lose it.
If you are a layperson, you start by losing your Testimony.
Then you lose your peace.
Then you lose your way in life, and you start making decision outside of faith and prayer and God consciousness.
This leads to everything breaking and burning in your life.
You'll lose your job, your money, your marriage, your health, including your mental health.
If you persist and will not TURN back to your discipleship, Paul teaches that you will DIE.

""""""""Do you think that Christ intended to start a religion of sin? The Way was directions on how to sin?""""""""

Christianity is not a religion.
Religion is man trying to be like God or to try to reach God by Man's self effort.

Christianity is God become one of Us to save all of us.

All religion is sin, because there is no Christ in Religion, no blood atonement......no CROSS of Christ.

"""""""""Do you think that heaven will be filled with abortionists, murders, rapists, child molesters, cannibals, homosexuals, sexual sinners, druggies? Do you know that the Bible specifically says that is not going to happen?"""""""

Everyone who is born again, already exists in Heaven, "In Christ".
And before they were born again, many were liars, thieves, whores, Gay,, drunks, drug addicts, .... all were Christ Rejectors.
So, heaven is filled with people that were horrible, and were "made righteous", as God justifies the UNGodly, or none of us, including you, Grailhunter, could go to heaven.

And your verse, is not talking to the Born again. Its talking to these..... John 3:36

"""""What do you think hell is for? Do think hell is for good people? Heaven is for rewarding evil?"""""

Specifically ..

Hell is designed for the Devil and His angles, and was extended to include all who died never having been born again.

""""Do you think our heavenly reward will be to spend eternity with evildoers and scum?""""""

Heaven is for the Born again.
All of them, all of us, who are born again, were scum, ungodly.

The way you stay out of heaven is not based on if you are good or bad.....its ..."are you born again" or not.

Will women meet their rapists in heaven and witness their reward?

Why not.?
If the Rapist is born again they will be in Heaven.

Paul was a murderer of CHRISTIANS.... before he ended up writing most of the New Testament.

He refers to this previous lifestyle as being the CHIEF OF SINNERS<...

Jesus later called Him to write all the Doctrine for the Church and to do more then all the other Apostles, combines.

God's Grace is able to take, what you refer to as SCUM, and turn them into a Trophy of God's Grace.

Will people meet their child molesters and witness their reward?

Is your question......."will we see the unbelievers at the Great White Throne being Judged".

We'll have to find out.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing how leaving out a word changes the meaning drastically isn't it Post?

yeah the JW corrupted text is fairly infamous. it's said that not a single so-called translator of the nwt knew any Greek or Hebrew. quite the hack job - with quite the evident manipulative purpose.
but your human teachers when they went through censoring the Bible didn't catch everything.

God our Savior
(Titus 2:3)​

Jesus Christ our Savior
(Titus 2:4)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is not a religion.
Religion is man trying to be like God or to try to reach God by Man's self effort.

This is a tap dance. Christianity is a religion. And I don't see anyone suggesting to be like God.

Definition of Religion.
1: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
2a(1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2b: the state of a religious a nun in her 20th year of religion
3: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
4 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS

If you have another word for it we can entertain it....don't expect me to change my definition.

Thank you for the response, but you could have saved yourself some work there.
Christians believe in the forgiveness of sins, that is pretty much universal.
The difference is what is the meaning of repentance.....As Christians it is our responsibility to keep our sins to a minimum. We honestly repent and ask forgiveness and do our best not to repeat that sin. Of course forgiveness is up to Christ but He knows the heart of the person that sinned and He knows the sincerity of the person that repeated that sin....so then He know if they are going to keep doing it, so then it is up to Him to forgive or not. It does not work like....murder....forgiveness....murder....forgiveness ....murder....forgiveness.

And the belief that if a Christian does something really bad, then they were not saved to begin with is total nonsense. Backed to, Am I really saved?....or getting baptized over and over again. And the concept of false salvation is not addressed in the Bible....nor re-baptizing....The closest thing ya got is....“Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. And then you are back to Christians not making it to heaven.

These verses I gave you from Paul have no "IF's" in them. They do not start out with....Unless you get forgiveness for these sins you will not inherit the kingdom of God. They do not start out with, Unless you are Christian, you will not inherit the kingdom of God if you commit these sins. They do not start out with, Don't be worried about this I am only speaking of Pagans. Paul is actually writing to Christians and it is a sincere warning. And this is why there will be Christians in hell. Christianity is not an amnesty program. The only way around these scriptures is to deny them and that is the problem with your thinking. You have to understand them.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness,
carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

These scriptures are not one liners that could be misinterpreted. One of the problems with the thinking of the OSAS crowd is that they see sin as no big deal, just ask for forgiveness and carry on or some believe forgiveness is automatic....rape....forgiveness.... rape....forgiveness....rape ....forgiveness....rape....forgiveness....reward in Heaven. Or if salvation did not "take" the first time...."Get re-saved" then..... rape....forgiveness....rape....forgiveness....rape....forgiveness.... rape....forgiveness....

So is there a mystery here? A riddle? Something you do not understand?

There is a God behind that Grace and that God knows what you are going to do. He knows if your repentance is sincere. He knows if you are going to continue on with that same sin. You cannot play Christ for a fool. But sinning does not make you a non-Christian. Workout your salvation with fear and trembling. Yahweh said it best....“If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.”

In Galatians 5:19-21..."that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." This is the key to understanding these scriptures....The scriptures are referring to those "that sin is master over them" habitual.....lifestyles. Sinning is serious, it is a game changer, a redirect off the path of the Way. When you repent, there should be fear in your heart of yourself. Can you stop doing the same thing over and over again. Do you think you can fool Christ? Do you think you can live a life of sin and be rewarded in heaven? I heard some say, "name it and claim it".....like they are forgiven if they own up to it.

But still heaven will not be filled with evil doers....but a man may see his murderer in Heaven. The question is how often that will happen? That is what Judgment Day is for. Christianity is suppose to change us. That is even true of a murderer....but we are talking about a complete change....not sin and sin and sin. Some say....a lot of OSAS say you just cannot stop sinning, you cannot be good. Well if you do not have control of your body, you need to be in an institution. If you are that crazy, then maybe Yeshua will not hold it against you....Christianity is not about crazy.

Be good and do good.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα κα ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ καὶ Σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ

Don't add curses to yourself for the sake of denying God.

προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ καὶ Σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ

Interesting verse Post. Some have the word our, others do not, some do not even have Jesus Christ in the verse. At any rate, you are using the verse to support your testimony that Jesus is God. Jesus is not God, rather he is God's son, firstborn in fact. Jesus' God is Jehovah his Father sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah the JW corrupted text is fairly infamous. it's said that not a single so-called translator of the nwt knew any Greek or Hebrew. quite the hack job - with quite the evident manipulative purpose.
but your human teachers when they went through censoring the Bible didn't catch everything.

God our Savior
(Titus 2:3)​

Jesus Christ our Savior
(Titus 2:4)

If Jesus is God sir, why the deception? If you cannot believe God Himself, there is nothing I can do for you
Mt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting verse Post. Some have the word our, others do not, some do not even have Jesus Christ in the verse.

false.

that's a lie, Rob.
a boldfaced one.

typical of the cult you're indoctrinated into and now are enslaved to proselytizing to. your entire life is dedicated to denying Christ.

how does it feel?

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Nestle 1904
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ καὶ Σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ,

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Westcott and Hort 1881
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ,

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Westcott and Hort / [NA27 and UBS4 variants]
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ ⇔ Ἰησοῦ,

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: RP Byzantine Majority Text 2005
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ χριστοῦ,

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Greek Orthodox Church
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ,

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Edition
προσδέχομαι ὁ μακάριος ἐλπίς καί ἐπιφάνεια ὁ δόξα ὁ μέγας θεός καί σωτήρ ἡμᾶς Χριστός Ἰησοῦς

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ,

ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΤΟΝ 2:13 Greek NT: Stephanus Textus Receptus 1550
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

Titus 2:13 Greek Study Bible (Apostolic / Interlinear)
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ,

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting verse Post. Some have the word our, others do not, some do not even have Jesus Christ in the verse.

i thought you guys were said to be vain in your scholarship?
but you didn't even do the most basic research on this verse.

the point of contention your actually-scholarly ((as loosely as the term can legitimately be applied to any JW)) teachers turn on is whether the Granville-Sharp-rule is valid or not.
((it is valid - every single published objection is a misapplication purporting to be a correct one))

and you throw some obvious BS out about 'Jesus isn't even in this verse' ??

such a disappointment.
i was ready with my actual sword.
you don't even have a dagger.
you don't even have a sharpened stick.
incredibly poor.

you should be ashamed.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
come knock on my door.

i dare you

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And there shall be no more curse:
but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it;
and His servants shall serve Him

(Revelation 22:3)​

"the throne" = singular
"His" = not "their"
"Him" = singular

one throne.
God and the Lamb.
One. Zechariah 14:9 = John 10:30

every single one of your denials proves trinitarianism. 1 Corinthians 1:27.
believe Him, or perish in your sins. John 8:24
apart from Him there is no Saviour - Isaiah 43:11 = Acts 4:12
God was manifest in the flesh, born a man, Son of a virgin, the LORD Himself Who was pierced and bought the church with His own blood. 1 Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 47:4, Zechariah 12:10, Acts 20:28
whoever denies Christ came in the flesh is antichrist. 1 John 2:22

deal with it.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
deal with it.

how you gonna deal, Rob?

you've been at this for a while.
you really gonna waste my time with "i can find a text that purports to be the Bible that doesn't have Jesus in it" ????

you neve seen John 5:39? Luke 24:27?
you gonna treat me like i'm some idiot you can persuade with puffing?
you gonna pretend the actual scriptures don't exist, and think i won't catch it??

i'm not going to become your disciple, Rob.
i'm not here for that.
i'm here to testify of the actual YHVH.
i know Him. i don't need you to introduce me.

the One Whose Name you don't even know how to pronounce, Whose Name you devote yourself to denying.

i'll go find some other cultist whose ears are open.
plenty of yeens here.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do this or that because it's good.
If we were good this or that would be good because we did it.

I believe the Bible teaches that it is God who does the good work through the faithful believer and it is not themselves alone of their own power doing that good work. I can provide verses if you need them.