When Should Christians Bring The Homeless Into Their House?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a last resort to prevent death? Only when there is some Divinely appearing set of circumstances, called "A Special Situation?" Only for a friend or relative?

Only after prayerful planing? Only when family safety can be assured? Only when there is an extra bedroom, and an extra bathroom? Only when they "Sense direction from the Lord?"

What if they get drunk, mouthy, steal, fight, lie, disrespect, refuse to be polite, or barricade their room? Is it okay to just initially put them in the garage and take them food?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the only answer is tough love.

Sorry, I'm by definition homeless. I have family with drug/alcohol issues that are *not* a good situation and literally living like characters from Breaking Bad- and that's not an exaggeration. If you're not a professional dealing with these types of issues then you can be making the situation worse and enabling that behavior.

In which case, my answer to that has been if they don't want to go to rehab or seek real health then they don't actually want out of it.

Reactions: amadeus

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the only answer is tough love.

Sorry, I'm by definition homeless. I have family with drug/alcohol issues that are *not* a good situation and literally living like characters from Breaking Bad- and that's not an exaggeration. If you're not a professional dealing with these types of issues then you can be making the situation worse and enabling that behavior.

In which case, my answer to that has been if they don't want to go to rehab or seek real health then they don't actually want out of it.
Is God more powerful and available than a professional?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

When one who is homeless ASKS and gives their Gives "their" Reasoning and Intent...
Something for nothing?
Or What can they do to contribute for a Helping Hand to no longer BE Homeless?

Reactions: Nancy

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when in doubt, Let the Holy Spirit be you guide.....

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
How does the Holy Spirit guide you personally regarding the homeless? Perhaps not at all ?

I still am laughing at how you claim to "Let the Holy Spirit" do anything.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jacob28
You must be familiar with the "Fruit of The Spirit". Do these things mean nothing to you? Because the word of God lists them plainly and also say's we will know other Christians (true) BY their fruit.
So far, I have not seen any "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control out of you"
Yes, WE will know them by their fruits. Not to mention your cocky know it all attitude. Will you take the seat meant for honor too?

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jacob28
You must be familiar with the "Fruit of The Spirit". Do these things mean nothing to you? Because the word of God lists them plainly and also say's we will know other Christians (true) BY their fruit.
So far, I have not seen any "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control out of you"
Yes, WE will know them by their fruits. Not to mention your cocky know it all attitude. Will you take the seat meant for honor too?
Tell us how you minister the Fruits of the Spirit to the homeless.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us how you minister the Fruits of the Spirit to the homeless.
So, you want me to toot my horn? Seek a crown? not a chance. Pantry's, soup kitchens are my thing and I know MANY homeless, right outside my door.
Judge away, assume all you like. I will pray for you right now.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the Holy Spirit guide you personally regarding the homeless? Perhaps not at all ?

I still am laughing at how you claim to "Let the Holy Spirit" do anything.
is he not your "Comforter", and he know who is in need or not. is he not the "TRUTH?" will he guide you in a lie? is he not a revelator? and our HELPER? so are you saying you don't trust the Holy Spirit... :D YIKES!. thought so,

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ahhhhhmm, not before or after 2pm.....they might pee on your floor after you've cleaned or stay for lunch.....and you know how inconvenient inconvenience is?

Ok, jokes aside. Loving someone is risky.....they might even kill you. Ever heard of that? That said, one is not to be naive for not every homeless person qualifies as helpless.....some even choosing homelessness or using it as a ruse. Wise as serpents and harmless as doves would be the operating principle.

Now, I wonder if you've seem Les Miserables? There is an interesting scene where the thief steals silverware from the parish. When caught by the police and taken back to the Priest, the Priest responds in a most remarkable way. Here is a great lesson to be learned from. If you haven't seen it, make the effort to do so.