When temptation comes.. what are we to do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
The Word of God is chocked full of spiritual weapons that we are to use against the wiles of the devil to defeat our enemy.

When Jesus was led of the Spirit into the wilderness to BE tempted of the devil, he used his spiritual sWord to beat the devil at his game of trying to get Jesus to fall... into temptations and he is our example.
Faith without works is Dead Faith. God has given us HIS WORD of authority, His very Name to cast out devils, heal the sick and to gain the victory over our enemy which is not flesh and blood men, but the wicked spirits that use the flesh and blood men to carry out his will.

God has promised in His Word:
1 Cor 10:11-13
11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
KJV

So, when ever we are in an area of temptation.. let God know that you are standing on His Word of promise as it is written.
Say: Father, I am under great temptation and I desire to be strengthened to remain faithful to YOUR Word and you have said to ask anything according to your will and you will do it. And you have PROMISED that if I stand firm and speak your promises in my situations stepping out in faith to show my works of believing what your Word says such as IT IS WRITTEN:
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

So I am taking you at your Word and asking that you make a way for this temptation to PASS FROM ME so that I can remain faithful to Christ. I am weak in my flesh, but in Christ I am made strong. My desire is to RESIST the devil so he will flee. So that the ministering angels of your blessings for my faithfulness can come as I am becoming an overcomer of my flesh as I continue in my spiritual growth in Christ with YOUR help for you promised to be faithful to me when I am faithful to you.

Plant that Seed IN faith and watch God fight on your behalf. The Bible is a Book of spiritual Seed that when planted in our hearts to walk and believe in can bring much good harvest in all areas of your life.
Remember that Jesus is the Seed and the Seed is the Word that the devil tries to steal from your ears because he knows of the blessings that are contained in the Word for the children of God who are in Christ! The Word of God is our spiritual Sword/sWord that gets us the victory everytime for God has been awaiting for us to look to Him and to know His Son so that He can bless us and not curse.