When the Holy Spirit rebukes You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I am seeing it through my carnal mind...and maybe a dose of guilt and shame.:oops:...but I do like the flip side of it that you have presented! That is more like the Holy Spirit...He is always gentle.:)
no, you're ok, it's maybe that we, the rest of us, might see it for us... (smile), God can speak to many at one time. so to me it might be a confidence boosters to cvercome even more, and to you maybe a rebuke? to someone else a warning. so if you believe, it's a rebuke then only you knows you.

so my bottom line is to keep on talking to the Lord no matter what one believe or think.. ok. just stay in his Word.

Be blessed, PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the first time I am hearing this.

Glad it's not just me, cuz this is awful. Misery is glad to hear he's apparently got some company, lol.
Israel could not move forward until repentance was drawn from them as a result of self inflicted suffering.

When there is unconfessed and unrepented sin we stand on enchanted ground and are the enemy's plaything. He is given allegiance unwittingly and glories in bringing dishonour to God through his professed people.

I have found moment by moment connection....reaching and crying for help and strength or singing his praises as one breath is drawn after the next. Most of this goes on in silence to those around me as the battle of the unseen wages.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 6 says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." We should be afraid if we are never disciplined by the Holy Spirit because God disciplines all of His children!

Verse 12 from Hebrews 12 (that you quoted) says, "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 6:7-9 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;

Isaiah 53:3-5 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Interesting thread - I have been ‘ going through ‘ some soul searching with things as well. A season of repentance , never heard of that before , but it’s interesting that others are also wading through things xx
Rita xx
@Rita I think Scripture would in any case tell is that repentance is an ongoing process that does not stop, as well as an occasion marked by conversion to Christ:

"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of..." (2 Corinthians 7.10).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am beginning to feel so much closer to you guys and to Him knowing that you are being dealt with as well. It makes me believe we are the wheat that has been gathered and separated from the tares and now the gleaning is taking place....the threshing floor....or is it thrashing? (jk).;):)

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk and Rita
R

Rita

@Rita I think Scripture would in any case tell is that repentance is an ongoing process that does not stop, as well as an occasion marked by conversion to Christ:

"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of..." (2 Corinthians 7.10).
Yes, I agree Farouk- but quite recently H2S gave me a chapter in proverbs - within the words were ‘ do not despite my rebuke ‘ - I felt at the time that the Lord was preparing me for some deeper soul searching. It does seem strange that others are feeling it as well. So maybe there are differences between the process of changing , which is ongoing, and season of repentance that seem a little bit deeper and constant.
Refiners fire !? Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I agree Farouk- but quite recently H2S gave me a chapter in proverbs - within the words were ‘ do not despite my rebuke ‘ - I felt at the time that the Lord was preparing me for some deeper soul searching. It does seem strange that others are feeling it as well. So maybe there are differences between the process of changing , which is ongoing, and season of repentance that seem a little bit deeper and constant.
Refiners fire !? Rita
@Rita If you follow through in Malachi, there is an interesting reference there to refiner's fire...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am beginning to feel so much closer to you guys and to Him knowing that you are being dealt with as well. It makes me believe we are the wheat that has been gathered and separated from the tares and now the gleaning is taking place....the threshing floor....or is it thrashing? (jk).;):)
lol H2S...did you think you were the only one getting thrashed? :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 6:7-9 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;

Fantastic couple of verses, Victory.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi. I've found that gambling can be just another addiction. It treats the symptom of a wound. The symptom is emotional pain, the wound is either the result of something we've done to ourselves or the result of what was done to us. There is help from God and the word to heal this, though, there may be a bit of scripture teaching in order to understand this. Once again this is not adding to Christ's atonement, it's His atonement that allows this healing. Shalom.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I've found that gambling can be just another addiction. It treats the symptom of a wound. The symptom is emotional pain, the wound is either the result of something we've done to ourselves or the result of what was done to us. There is help from God and the word to heal this, though, there may be a bit of scripture teaching in order to understand this. Once again this is not adding to Christ's atonement, it's His atonement that allows this healing. Shalom.
Thank you for sharing this wisdom! It really blessed me...and yes it started after my husband died.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi. I believe that God led me through the dark night of the soul 20 years ago. Or if you wish, the valley of the shadow of death. I believe He started with me way back then because He needed to use me today. He told me back then, "what I'm doing in you, I'm going to do through you."
When I agreed to all of this, I had no idea how hard, how long, and how lonely this would be. I took it a day at a time, sometimes a minute at a time. He got me through. My prayer language helped. One result of this is that I walk in repentance daily. This walk leads me to my cross (Jesus said my cross), daily if necessary. He planted good seed in me back then and it's harvest time. This is to feed the spiritually hungry. Shalom.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Rita I appreciated your comment about early morning Bible reading; while my wife and I do by God's grace discipline ourselves to read the Word daily and pray, early morning Bible reading is an area where I could indeed improve on; it's a really good time of day for it.