When to Leave Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Asking for a pastor's name, etc, in order to contact him goes a bit far.
But I guess you conveniently decided to ignore that part of the post.
This above quote of yours is just another attempt to put words in peoples mouths.
Nice try, but foolish.
Here's mine:
St. Patrick Roman Catholic Church, Hamilton Ontario: Home
I'm just trying to level the playing field. You know the name of my Church (Catholic), but nobody knows the name your church. Hiding in the shadows is what leads to foolish discussion as well. It would be better for discussion if I understood what you stood for, but you don't want that.
Your style of discussing issues shows a lot of anger and talking down to people
and calling them in a sarcastic way "kiddo" does not add well to your style.
"kiddo" is a term of endearment which is better than the lies, falsehoods, and stupid insults that is permitted in this forum. The rules are a joke.

Profiles should feature a link to ones church, but that won't work because sola scripturists can't agree on almost anything. Image the resulting chaos when anti-Catholics busy themselves with attacking everybody they don't agree with.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Profiles should feature a link to ones church, but that won't work because sola scripturists can't agree on almost anything. Image the resulting chaos when anti-Catholics busy themselves with attacking everybody they don't agree with.
not a good idea at all. some of us are members of small churches, and telling folk where your house of worship is, is too much to ask.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This above quote of yours is just another attempt to put words in peoples mouths.
Nice try, but foolish.
Lol...Foolish? You crack me up....I didn't "put words in peoples mouths". I quoted Scripture. I know when I quote Scripture it proves you wrong in what you believe. But I am not tired of proving you wrong using Scripture. Are you tired of being proven wrong?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As scripture suggests, stay out of foolish discussions.

You have a great day, Marymog.
Lol....This coming from YOU? Scripture says stay out of foolish discussions.....but they you jump in the middle of a foolish discussion? Does that mean you are violating Scripture?

you crack me up Triumph

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to know the name of the pastor that is teaching the Truth. Wouldn't you? After all he must be sent from God if he is teaching the Truth.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope, no anger here triumph. And if calling you and your ilk out on the interpretation of Scripture you have been taught by your men or asking you to back up what you believe using logic and Scripture (which is what YOU do) is "talking down to people" then I will be "talking down to people" A LOT on this forum....JUST LIKE YOU DO!

I hope you have a great day kiddo!

And, fyi, I use "kiddo" as a friendly form of address so if your offended by it that is YOUR problem, not mine. Just like some women call people "honey" all the time. That person really isn't their "honey"....that's just the word they use for everyone....Got it? :rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I guess you conveniently decided to ignore that part of the post.
Nice try, but foolish.

Ummmm.....explain to me why you have interjected yourself into this "foolish discussion"? Oh, wait, you wouldn't do that. Scripture says not to engage in a foolish discussion....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just hoping you will receive what I'm attempting to express.

There is no need for underhandedness.

Much love!
Define underhandedness OR show me examples of where I have used underhandedness so I can see where I am being underhanded.

Thank you in advance, Mary

Underhandedness defined: marked by secrecy, chicanery, and deception : not honest and aboveboard

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHEN to leave a church . WHEN They do this or are connected to any who do this .
My advice is , many better start fleeing a lot of churches even within the protestant realm .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one church! Jn 10:16

To leave the church is to leave Christ and salvation

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!