When to Leave Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my understanding, to be tied to a denomination can leave you open to bondage of religion. I'm still learning these things but the Holy Spirit has been very clear on this!
Then don't be tied to a denomination. Be tied to The Church!

Where in Scripture was the Holy Spirit clear on this? Or are you saying the Holy Spirit spoke to YOU about this?

denomination = autonomous branch of the Christian Church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol
You must be joking.

You actually think people would send personal information
on a public forum to a total stranger who will ask their pastor for information?

Who do you think you are? :)

This is the kind of stuff I warn my grandchildren about when they are on the internet.

It's none of your business who my pastor is, or where I go to church. For crying out loud.
Translation: I am embarrassed to tell you!!

AND my prediction came true....You won't answer!! :rolleyes:

Listen Triumph, if you FEEL like your church OR you are personally teaching the Truth and that you/your church does not teach a false doctrine and you believe all other churches (denominations) teach a false doctrine wouldn't you be happy to share that information and shout it from the mountain top? (Isaiah 52:7-10)

Wouldn't you be shouting;
I, Triumph1300, have found the Truth and it is here, at my church _________________ (fill in the blank) in this City ______________ fill in the blank! Come and join me and my grandchildren so that you to may know the Truth my pastor _____________ (fill in the blank) is teaching which will set you free (John 8:32).

Or are you wanting to keep the Truth hidden from the rest of us? I think you are just embarrassed or really don't go to a church....but I could be wrong!

Keeping it real....Mary

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listen Triumph, if you FEEL like your church OR you are personally teaching the Truth and that you/your church does not teach a false doctrine and you believe all other churches (denominations) teach a false doctrine wouldn't you be happy to share that information and shout it from the mountain top? (Isaiah 52:7-10)

Wouldn't you be shouting;
I, Triumph1300, have found the Truth and it is here, at my church _________________ (fill in the blank) in this City ______________ fill in the blank! Come and join me and my grandchildren so that you to may know the Truth my pastor _____________ (fill in the blank) is teaching which will set you free (John 8:32).

Or are you wanting to keep the Truth hidden from the rest of us? I think you are just embarrassed or really don't go to a church....but I could be wrong!

Keeping it real....Mary

I answered the previous questions on this thread.
And please stop putting words into my mouth.

Your last three lines are an insult.
It's showing your real troll skills.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered the previous questions on this thread.
And please stop putting words into my mouth.

Your last three lines are an insult.
It's showing your real troll skills.
Kool...in what post did you answer those questions?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you speak for someone else's feelings?

Curious Mary
I'm speaking to your statement.

You assert that he doesn't answer because he is embarassed, even after he gave you a perfectly valid reason.

I mean, do you put your personal info online? I don't.

I didn't mean like, a false statement, but, a dishonest practice. Its not . . . keeping it real.

Much love!

Reactions: Triumph1300

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

: an act of denominating the denomination of prices in U.S. dollars
2 : a value or size of a series of values or sizes metric denominations especially : the value of a particular coin or bill bills in $20 and $50 denominations
3 : name, designation especially : a general name for a category listed under the general denomination of gifts
4 : a religious organization whose congregations are united in their adherence to its beliefs and practices people from several different Christian denominations

The CC is a Christian denomination.

Much love!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
: an act of denominating the denomination of prices in U.S. dollars
2 : a value or size of a series of values or sizes metric denominations especially : the value of a particular coin or bill bills in $20 and $50 denominations
3 : name, designation especially : a general name for a category listed under the general denomination of gifts
4 : a religious organization whose congregations are united in their adherence to its beliefs and practices people from several different Christian denominations

The CC is a Christian denomination.

Much love!
Which is the same thing as saying what I said (quoted)....just different words.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is the same thing as saying what I said (quoted)....just different words.
OK, so you would say that you also are in an "autonomous branch of the Christian church"?

Because here,

Where in Scripture was the Holy Spirit clear on this? Or are you saying the Holy Spirit spoke to YOU about this?

. . . you seem to be saying something else.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just saying, I have a respect for you, rise above these.

Much love!

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm speaking to your statement.

You assert that he doesn't answer because he is embarassed, even after he gave you a perfectly valid reason.

I mean, do you put your personal info online? I don't.

I didn't mean like, a false statement, but, a dishonest practice. Its not . . . keeping it real.

Much love!
Lol.....No, your speaking FOR him. I suggested to HIM that HE was embarrassed and then you trolled in and said that it was "false" that he was embarrassed. YOU are speaking for HIM!

Nope, not a perfectly valid reason. A person reveling online what church they go is not putting themselves or their family in danger. It's not "personal information". It's just telling everyone 'I have found the church that teaches the Truth'. If that church is teaching the Truth, wouldn't you want to share that Truth with everyone else Marks? As Christians if we know the truth and from where we get that truth we are to share it with others. Always be prepared to offer an explanation to anyone who asks you to justify the hope that is in you. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Really Keeping it real....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so you would say that you also are in an "autonomous branch of the Christian church"?

Because here,

. . . you seem to be saying something else.

Much love!
The Catholic Church is a autonomous branch of Christianity.

Yes, The Catholic Church has the right or power of self-governance.

I am tied to THE Church which was started by Christ with Peter acting as it's first Shepard after the death of Christ. Are you?

I think you know me by now marks. I have never claimed that the Holy Spirit spoke to me about anything that concerns doctrine.

I'm not "saying something else". I simply quoted a different dictianary than you and both our dictionaries say the same thing only they use different words.

Keeping it really real......Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just saying, I have a respect for you, rise above these.

Much love!
Thank you Marks. In the past you have posted some wise, articulate, sincere and thoughtful things. This little diatribe from you seems out of character. :(

Respectfully, Mary

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope, not a perfectly valid reason. A person reveling online what church they go is not putting themselves or their family in danger. It's not "personal information". It's just telling everyone 'I have found the church that teaches the Truth'. If that church is teaching the Truth, wouldn't you want to share that Truth with everyone else Marks? As Christians if we know the truth and from where we get that truth we are to share it with others. Always be prepared to offer an explanation to anyone who asks you to justify the hope that is in you. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Asking for a pastor's name, etc, in order to contact him goes a bit far.
But I guess you conveniently decided to ignore that part of the post.
This above quote of yours is just another attempt to put words in peoples mouths.
Nice try, but foolish.

Your style of discussing issues shows a lot of anger and talking down to people
and calling them in a sarcastic way "kiddo" does not add well to your style.

As scripture suggests, stay out of foolish discussions.

You have a great day, Marymog.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Marks. In the past you have posted some wise, articulate, sincere and thoughtful things. This little diatribe from you seems out of character. :(

Respectfully, Mary
I'm just hoping you will receive what I'm attempting to express.

There is no need for underhandedness.

Much love!