When to Stop

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our Bible reading it's good to have a balance between reading Old and New Testaments; so much to read and appreciate.... :)

Agree with your point...

God's Knowledge is Specific...

Neh 9:14[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When do you stop studying? Like digging deeper/excavating to see if something is true or not. I need to stop at confusion when it comes to different doctrines on God's Word. Or frustrated. It is very hard. I go back and forth on a lot of things. Anyone know when to stop? How deep do you go? How do you best resolve what you believe?

This is a good question. I stop when I don't have peace. Then I wait on the Lord to show me what I need to know. He will show you all that you need to know. Just trust Him and rest in Him!

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When do you stop studying? Like digging deeper/excavating to see if something is true or not. I need to stop at confusion when it comes to different doctrines on God's Word. Or frustrated. It is very hard. I go back and forth on a lot of things. Anyone know when to stop? How deep do you go? How do you best resolve what you believe?

Right now salvation has been a topic I have been on regarding what repentance is and if it is necessary for salvation as a gift of grace or a work separate from salvation. But while salvation is one of those topics I like to be crystal on, I know I meddle in things that just leave me more frustrated then inspired by the Word of God.

Christ says that those who seek will find. When I begin to feel frustration building, I know that I am not denying myself. I am becoming self absorbed. Instead of Christ increasing, shnarkle is increasing. The searching stops with revelation. Revelation doesn't really allow the mind to function until it is all downloaded and installed into one's brainpan. Then it all has to be shut down and restarted again before you can resume digging. There is no end to it. It is eternal, although I suspect there comes a tipping point where there is more revelation than digging because it takes a sense of self to dig, and when that sense of self is gone, there's simply no one left to do the digging. One becomes one with the shovel, and every word comes to life. It ceases to be work, or a struggle or a sacrifice. It becomes an act of devotion, or adoration. it is as autonomous as the blood circulating through your body.

Everybody refers to it as digging. I like your idea of excavating though. Good way to put it.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
if my understanding of repentance is a necessary, yeh I want to be crystal.

Understanding is not necessary. Repentance is a gift that we can't help but take hold of when it is offered to us. God knows when to grant it. God knows when we're ready to take hold of it like only those desperately in need of salvation can.

There is the faith we understand, but there is also our faith seeking understanding. We cannot seek understanding without faith. Faith is what is necessary.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But while salvation is one of those topics I like to be crystal on, I know I meddle in things that just leave me more frustrated then inspired by the Word of God.
If you have not invested in Nave's Topical Bible as yet, please do so right away. Once you have gone through each Scripture reference for say *salvation*, that should be enough. After that you are to rest in the Word of God.

https://www.amazon.com/Naves-Topica...refix=nave's+topical+bible+kjv,aps,234&sr=8-1

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Understanding is not necessary. Repentance is a gift that we can't help but take hold of when it is offered to us. God knows when to grant it. God knows when we're ready to take hold of it like only those desperately in need of salvation can.

There is the faith we understand, but there is also our faith seeking understanding. We cannot seek understanding without faith. Faith is what is necessary.
Romans 2 is a strong and helpful passage on repentance.....

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We need always to keep digging into the Scriptures... :)
No doubt, but the way she put it reminds me of what it means to get serious about what we're doing. When one is committed, they tend to improvise a more efficient way to use their time. She's got the right idea. The Greek word for the "power" of the Spirit is "dunamus" which is where we get the word dynamite, so we could also bore into it with tnt, and blast away at the word as well; move mountains as Jesus would say.