When we are born.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a deadly and grievious error in the land . The churches no longer correct , and thus the leaven rises full .
Thus is any believer is a fornicator , covetous , homosexual or any other sin , REBUKE and CORRECT .
Do not follow the pattern o todays churches , which holler JUDGE NOT just hug and get along .
IF we do so the whole lump will be leavened full , just as it has occured in many churches .
Those who sin , REBUKE before all that others may also fear .
Let us keep marching on in the biblical Lord Jesus.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one becomes a better person overnight.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

I would disagree with you.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should not confuse standing with state. Our standing before God is that we are as righteous as Christ, because we are in Him, and clothed with His righteousness. But out state is determined to the degree that we crucify the flesh and walk according to the Spirit.

Romans 6:6 KJV
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The flesh is already crucified. We are to live accordingly.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. (Romans 8:14)
This is speaking of being reborn . . .

Context . . .

Romans 8:5-14 KJV
5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God
9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Unregenerate . . . Regenerate.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would disagree with you.
That is because you wish to continue confusing standing with state. So since that is your position, kindly tell us that you are now sinlessly perfect in your daily walk. We have another poster with the same delusion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification is not the same as sanctification. Although there is instant sanctification involved in Justification, this is different from the sanctification of the Spirit, the work the Holy Spirit does in our life.

upload_2021-4-30_13-42-21.png

Check it out . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because you wish to continue confusing standing with state. So since that is your position, kindly tell us that you are now sinlessly perfect in your daily walk. We have another poster with the same delusion.

I don't get the feeling you are fully paying attention.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are continually being crucified,

Romans 6:6 KJV
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The flesh is already crucified. We are to live accordingly.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't get the feeling you are fully paying attention.
You are telling us that everything is already complete, fulfilled, perfect, if only we will believe it. So you are either TOTALLY PERFECT in your walk right now (which includes no mistakes in anything), or you are simply delusional. Which is it?

Reactions: David H.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (Romans 8:36)

Romans 8:35-39 KJV
35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You are thinking this is written about "our incremental sanctification?" AKA progressive sanctification? That's not what He's talking about.

Paul gives an example from the Scriptures of the mindset that things they are just being handed over to death.

Psalms 44:19-26 KJV
19) Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.
20) If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god;
21) Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.
22) Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.
23) Awake, why sleepest thou, O Lord? arise, cast us not off for ever.
24) Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and forgettest our affliction and our oppression?
25) For our soul is bowed down to the dust: our belly cleaveth unto the earth.
26) Arise for our help, and redeem us for thy mercies' sake.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are continually being crucified,
What do you suppose you are reborn into being? Still the sinner?

Therefore it is no more I, but sin that lives in me.

If any be in Christ, he is a new creature. Not the same sinful creature. A new creature. The old is gone, all is new, do you not believe that?

Misidentification leads to confusion.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish to do what? What makes you think I wish any such thing? What place it is of yours to pronounce "what I wish?"

If you really what to know what I wish, this is it:

My wish is to show those who don't realize this yet that God has come to live in us, and His presence in us changes us so completely that we are completely freed from the flesh, from it's sins, and it's guilt and it's power, and we now have inside us Jesus, Who is Himself our sanctification.

We're not waiting for anything to enable us to stop sinning other than our own realization that God has done this.

Learning to live this way is what is described as "renewing the mind", coming to think according to what God tells us is true.

We have this lifelong habit of thinking with the fleshy mind, the mind of Christ is SO VERY DIFFERENT, that's what takes us so much time! That's the slow process, learning to live according to what God has done for us, in making us a new creature, His spirit child, not dependant on flesh for life.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are continually mortifying the deeds of the body,

Colossians 3:5 KJV
5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Your members which are upon the earth . . .

Not you . . . your body parts.

Sanctification: I am being saved from the power of sin.

Not recognizing our being separated by death from our flesh leads to this sort of statement.

In point of fact, you are already freed from the power of sin.

Sin has no dominion over you. None. Nothing, Nada.

If you are in Christ, you have already been saved from the power of sin. Again, clearly plainly and in detail stated in Romans 6. If you don't accept it, you won't live it. Because you don't believe it, not because it's not true.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a Mormon term. So it should have been avoided.

John 3:5-7 KJV
5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a Mormon term. So it should have been avoided.
The point in using this Biblical terminology is to highlight the reality of our new creation. We are not the fleshy children of Adam. We are the spirit children of God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are telling us that everything is already complete, fulfilled, perfect, if only we will believe it. So you are either TOTALLY PERFECT in your walk right now (which includes no mistakes in anything), or you are simply delusional. Which is it?

We are created new, no longer the sinner.

We can have a tendency to live as though this were not true, doing the works of the flesh. We are no longer flesh, but we can still do the works of the flesh. But not because we have to become more, "no longer flesh".

As we come to believe more and more that this is true, find within ourselves the power over sin, and learn how to put this into practice.

And we get better and better at doing this as we go along.

Not that we are becoming more righteous, we are righteous in Christ. Not that we are becoming more new, we are already new. Not that we are gaining freedom from sin, we are already freed from sin. Not that we are becoming more "alive in Christ", you get the idea?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not recognizing our being separated by death from our flesh leads to this sort of statement.

In point of fact, you are already freed from the power of sin.

Sin has no dominion over you. None. Nothing, Nada.

If you are in Christ, you have already been saved from the power of sin. Again, clearly plainly and in detail stated in Romans 6. If you don't accept it, you won't live it. Because you don't believe it, not because it's not true.

So You are walking in the fulness of Christ now eh? How come you are not doing greater works than the Son of Man did?
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. (John 14:12)
Are you healing the sick, making the blind see, casting out demons in His name, raising the dead? This is what it means to be saved from the power of sin.

I say we are lacking these things not due to a lack of the Spirit, but unwillingness on our part to let the Spirit do His work in us. A Failure to see the need to open the door to Christ and let him be the finisher of our faith. We have a submission problem a faith in our own will over the will of God for us. This is a Laodicean problem. Not realizing our need for Christ to fill us, and control us. We Like to control our own destiny.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So You are walking in the fulness of Christ now eh? How come you are not doing greater works than the Son of Man did?
For some reason this idea seems to make you bristle. That we are created new and righteous, and have to learn to live that way, believing He's really done this for us.

And maybe it's a consolation to think, I haven't overcome this because God hasn't given me ability to, therefore, I shouldn't be expected to overcome this.

And in the sense that He is training us, discipling us, we work out what He is working into us, and we can't get ahead of Him, that's the point, it's His work in us.

What He's working in us is to will and to do according to what pleases Him. To both want to, and to follow through and do what He wants.

And through it all, we are complete in Him, and He has given us all we need for life and godliness. We grow into living it as we come to know Him more.

This is what it means to be saved from the power of sin.

What it means to be free from sin is to not be guilty of sin, and not be compelled to sin. To be justified completely by God, fully reconciled, and therefore not under any law except the Law of Christ, that is, our life lived according to Jesus Christ.

Feeling compelled to keep a certain behavior code enflames the flesh to rebel.

"The motions of sin, which were by the Law, did work in our members".

Now we are separated from the flesh through Jesus' death, our death in Him, and we are freed from sin, not under law, nothing to enflame the flesh except our own wrong ideas.

Call it mind, call it heart, I call it the center of your being. What do you believe? That you are dead to sin? Or that it's still got it's hooks in you? That you have to fight it, and struggle, until you can at last give in to God? Or that He's already delivered you, and by believing this true, you will live accordingly? Free!

I say we are lacking these things not due to a lack of the Spirit, but unwillingness on our part to let the Spirit do His work in us.

If you are not willing to allow the Spirit to work in you, I hope you come to discover His love, and His compassion for His children, that you can release yourself into His loving care.

I completely agree with you, if we are not walking in those works God ordained for us to walk in, it's not because we are not complete in Him, that we are not immersed into Him, but rather, we don't realize what we have in Him.

But we are the child and He is the parent, and He has ways of working even with those who resist Him, out of fear, out of discouragement, whatever reason, He understands us.

A Failure to see the need to open the door to Christ and let him be the finisher of our faith.

We Like to control our own destiny.

It sounds to me that you feel that you control whether Jesus is the finisher of your faith, making you the author of your destiny.

I've put my trust in Him.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in the sense that He is training us, discipling us, we work out what He is working into us, and we can't get ahead of Him, that's the point, it's His work in us.

What He's working in us is to will and to do according to what pleases Him. To both want to, and to follow through and do what He wants.

And through it all, we are complete in Him, and He has given us all we need for life and godliness. We grow into living it as we come to know Him more.

Agree with this part here, well said.
Now if i could only get you to see how we (the proverbial we) are counter to God doing his will in us, Hence the need for discipline and sanctification. Please read my post of A.B. Simpson on Sanctification being a gift of the Holy Spirit....
Sanctification is a Gift of the Holy Spirit: A.B. Simpson | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If judgement of a matter being agreed with or not agreed with determines what is right or wrong, there is a problem!