When we are born.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Honestly do not think you fully comprehend what this means?
Yeah, you keep saying that.

Do you? Because I don't think you do. Truly!

To me, you seem convinced of your spiritual lack of power. That's just how it seems to me.

Where is your victory?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the entire chapter of Colossians 2 again, what is Paul Speaking of.

My challenge to you is to not just read it, but believe it AS IT IS WRITTEN, no rewording, no caveats, just read, and believe.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ARE you complete in Him?

I Have everything I Need in Christ Jesus, But need Him to help me implement those things he has provided for me, that i may fully trust his providence.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is your victory?

when learning to make him the head, i have moved from victory to victory. That is the process of progressive sanctification at work in me, the Holy Ghost working in me. My Joy is being made complete, and the Joy of the Lord is my strength. This is not just intellectual fact, but an experienced reality in my life.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Honestly do not think you fully comprehend what this means?
So let's talk about that.

Is Jesus in you?

Is Jesus in you changing you to become like Him?

Do we cooperate with that changing by doing what He wants us to do?

Does acting in obedience to Jesus will for us change our mental functioning through brain plasticity to become more conducive to future obedience?

Did we grow up in our flesh lives forming our minds and brains one way, that way being what is natural for the natural fleshy man?

Did we change into a new man when we were reborn?

Does the new man live fully through us immediately when we are reborn?

Is that new man patterned after the flesh or after God?

Does that new man become "increasingly patterned after God", or Increasingly able to live the new life through the flesh body?

How will we EVER knit together in love when you refuse to see me?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get over it.

This is your projection.

This is your defensive shell that you hide behind. One that prevents the conviction of the Holy Ghost to move in you. One that prevents growth in you Spiritually and one that prevents you from admitting you have need of anything or are lacking in anything.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is your defensive shell that you hide behind. One that prevents the conviction of the Holy Ghost to move in you. One that prevents growth in you Spiritually and one that prevents you from admitting you have need of anything or are lacking in anything.
Like I said . . . when you don't see me. You simply refuse.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will we EVER knit together in love....?

When we grow up into Him and Speak the truth in Love (Ephesians 4:13-16) So Long as you are offended by what I say, you are showing your defensiveness and inability to hear the truth in love spoken to you.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sarcasm]OH MAN!!! You'd better repent! You have need of nothing!! Laodicean!![/sarcasm]
I Understand your being sarcastic, But that borders now on scoffing. How far will you go with this? The next step in this progression is for your hatred for me to take over.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Long as you are offended by what I say, you are showing your defensiveness and inability to hear the truth in love spoken to you.
The point is . . . so long as our conversations are twisted by your refusal to acknowledge the things I tell you . . . it goes no where.

Call me offended, call me deceived, call me orange, whatever . . . stop calling me anything. STOP making this about me.

It's boring. It's meaningless. And you don't know what you are talking about.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Understand your being sarcastic, But that borders now on scoffing. How far will you go with this? The next step in this progression is for your hatred for me to take over.
Maybe you missed it.

The idea there is to demo how you can grab ahold of someone's words and imprint this "Laodicean" accusation onto it.

Did you recognize how that's not what you were talking about?

OK, now spin that around 180 degrees.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest to stop waiting and start living.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what I learned as a youngin in church

Before salvation we were dichotomous beings, We possessed a body and soul, but our spirit was dead

After salvation we became trichotomous beings, As our spirit, which was dead. was made alive.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you missed it.

The idea there is to demo how you can grab ahold of someone's words and imprint this "Laodicean" accusation onto it.

Did you recognize how that's not what you were talking about?

OK, now spin that around 180 degrees.

You Cannot have a conversation without feeling attacked. The Laodicean mindset is a symptom of the church in this day and age. All of us have a problem with this, and the problem is self deception, I am merely trying to show you the symptom, the defensiveness you feel is the conviction of the Holy Ghost and your response to it, namely resistance, and quenching the Spirit. I Know this, because I was guilty of this as well, and know where it leads, and your heading to that same place. Is this projection on my Part? Or Spiritual Wisdom? Or me just being an arrogant baffoon? That is what you have to figure out. I Suggest you pray and ask the LORD to guide you on this.

God Bless.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we should continue.

"Ignorance is Bliss, 'tis folly to be wise"

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. (Proverbs 9:8-9)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Cannot have a conversation without feeling attacked.
This is another "you" statement, where, instead of discussing "When we are born", you are discussing me. You do so in an aggressive manner. You overstep personal bounderies, "You feel this", "you feel that", or in this case, attempting to define my psyche, "You cannot have a converstation without feeling attacked".

So I'm wondering . . .

What DOES this have to do with the topic?

And where did you come upon your considerable knowledge of my emotional life?

All of us have a problem with this, and the problem is self deception,

I think I know someone with an issue concerning self-deception.

Really, I think you've become so invested in this erroneous representation of me that you don't know how to disengage from it. I assure you, I'm ready to receive that in a heartbeat, to then go on with edifying discussion.

For some reason I haven't been willing to let go of this, and while it may just be me, it may be the leading of the Spirit, and I see all this miserable back and forth over my person standing in the way of that.

the defensiveness you feel is the conviction of the Holy Ghost and your response to it, namely resistance, and quenching the Spirit.

"The defensiveness I feel" is all in your mind. Not in my mind. I'm here to discuss the Bible, and God, and there's never a problem there for me. Never. I've long since learned that all this bristling at doctrines, and or whatever you want to call it, is just fleshy squirmings, I'm sure you know what I mean, and are to be ignored, like all other fleshy squirmings.

I Know this, because I was guilty of this as well, and know where it leads, and your heading to that same place. Is this projection on my Part? Or Spiritual Wisdom? Or me just being an arrogant baffoon? That is what you have to figure out. I Suggest you pray and ask the LORD to guide you on this.

Are you seeing where it leads when you assume you know others, people you don't really know at all, but when you assume you do? That you just arbitrarily trash their spirituality because they have a different understand of a few passages from you?

You, again, obviously, have no idea where I'm heading. I'm really not intending to put my spiritual life on display for you.

My suggestion for you for prayer would be to ask Jesus to reveal the fullness of faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Cannot have a conversation without feeling attacked.
This is much easier than seeing truth. There is a reason you cannot stop speaking this way.

You talk about me "cannot . . . without feeling", you of course don't see what I feel. You surmise, or assume, or project, yes, project, or whatever it is you do to come up with your concoction of "what I feel", though you certainly do not know.

Your words are there to be seen. And this is how you write. If I were to be so bold as to make another suggestion, it would be to seek to know, what is inside that compells you to attack?

I'm not talking about my "feeling attacked". It's not a feeling, it's a semantical perception. See, you really DON'T know me. "You" statements are there to turn the conversation away from something that you want to avoid, whether because it seems distasteful, or threatening, or whatever it is. The converstation centers in the brain function according to internal rules, and those internal rules produce the various results.

Let's say someone feels insecure about their driving, and their 'internal rule' is to not feel those kind of "weak" feelings. So every time someone talks about their driving, they start feeling a little insecure, and knee-jerk something, "Hey! I'm not the worst driver out there!". Understanding where that comes from can be very helpful in learning how our minds work.

So when unproductive behaviors come up, we can more readily discern what underlying factors are driving them, and, instead of "trying to be less defensive", we can go to the root, and be honest, and humble, and realize that "I'm not the best driver out there!"

But if we just stay married to the inappropriate behavior, well, it just shows we're not yet ready. But Jesus never gives up! I don't really intend to either.

Much love!