When we are born.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ignorance is Bliss, 'tis folly to be wise"

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18 KJV
17) And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
18) For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

If you are seeking fulfillment in wisdom, that is foolishness. But it is not foolishness to be wise.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My suggestion for you for prayer would be to ask Jesus to reveal the fullness of faith.

I Have been where you are at in your doctrine, I Know firsthand where it leads, and I would rather not take a step back to that place. You think you have the fulness of the faith but are deceiving yourself.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Have been where you are at in your doctrine, I Know firsthand where it leads,
You're talking about a self-reliance, which is the furthest thing from what I'm talking about.

I'm interested in you saying back to me what you understand my doctrine to be, according to how I'm telling you.

Are you able to do that?

This is called "reflective" or "active" listening.

I tell you something, and you say it back in your own words, without changing it, or responding to it, just say it back. Then, if you are right, I know you've understood me. If I need to give a correction, I do so, and you say it back again. And we repeat this process until you tell me what I think, and I say, Yes, that's right, and then I know you've understood me.

So, what is it I think about who we are in our new creation?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecclesiastes 1:17-18 KJV
17) And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
18) For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

If you are seeking fulfillment in wisdom, that is foolishness. But it is not foolishness to be wise.

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility. (Proverbs 15:33)

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (James 4:7-8) I Guess James, Inspired by the Holy Ghost, was just "projecting" Here? Paul Himself had a "projection" Problem too i guess when he rebuked the Corinthian church?? Or perhaps the problem lies elsewhere?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Guess James, Inspired by the Holy Ghost, was just "projecting" Here? Paul Himself had a "projection" Problem too i guess when he rebuked the Corinthian church?? Or perhaps the problem lies elsewhere?

I'm not talking about James, or Paul, I'm talking about you and I.

You have gone through whatever it is you have gone through, and are going through, and you are projecting that on me, without having any real knowledge about me as a person, as a Christian, only that I disagree with you over the interpretation and application of a few passages.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're talking about a self-reliance, which is the furthest thing from what I'm talking about.

I'm interested in you saying back to me what you understand my doctrine to be, according to how I'm telling you.

Are you able to do that?

This is called "reflective" or "active" listening.

I tell you something, and you say it back in your own words, without changing it, or responding to it, just say it back. Then, if you are right, I know you've understood me. If I need to give a correction, I do so, and you say it back again. And we repeat this process until you tell me what I think, and I say, Yes, that's right, and then I know you've understood me.

So, what is it I think about who we are in our new creation?

Although I have addressed this before, but you were unable to process this i will do so again for your benefit.
Here is the premise of this post, Your words: [Brackettes are mine.]
[Assumption A] "When we are born again, we are fully God's spirit children. We have all our parts, but we don't know how to use them. And we aren't as strong as we will be.

[Assumption B] So we aren't told to become the New Man, that's already been accomplished for us. But we are told to put on the new man, and the more we do that, the stronger he becomes.

There is a significant difference in hoping to become someone better, and learning how to be the better person we have already become.

Are we waiting for something we don't think we have yet?"

Assumption A: Scripture tells us we must be built up and rooted in the faith in order to mature. We arrive at the fulness of Christ after this process, not that we are born complete, But that we must be clothed with righteousness. We are instructed to "buy" those things as we grow in Him, the Gold refined in the fire, the clothing, the eysalve. A new born babe is born Naked, Not knowing what riches are, Not seeing all that life has to offer, the same is true of Spiritually reborn person.

Assumption B: Putting on is a term which refers to being clothed, a baby is born naked, a Spiritual baby is born naked and must cloth themselves just like they must suckle on the milk of doctrine before they can learn to digest meat. What you are assuming is that we are reborn fully clothed "mini me's" and that we have all we need and that we have to learn how "believe" this to be true.

My View is that God has gifts he wishes to bestow upon us that are born again that he wishes to give us when we are ready to receive them. Gifts that are above and beyond the gift of forgiveness of sin and eternal life, which he "apportions as he wills" (1 Corinthians 12:11) These gifts are the riches of His Grace, and he will not give them until we ask and see the need for Them and ask for them rightly (James 4:1-6).

Now, you can go on believing you have everything you need or you can see that God has more to offer us and receive those blessings, so the question for you is who is right? If you remain where you are at, yes you will be saved, "Yet so as by fire" But that will be your only reward, for you have only built with hay and stubble and all that you have built will be burned in the fire, But if you have built with Gold and precious stones the fire will not burn those things away (1 Corinthians 3:12-14) This is where the Laodicean mindset is at, and this post defines this attitude, for it instills complacency in those who adhere to what you are teaching. Complacency is defined as "satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements" The Opposite of which is not being satisfied and instead pressing on to the high calling of God. (Philippians 3:12-14) Read those verses below:

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)

This is the "Mature" Paul writing here, the one imprisoned in Rome as this is one of his Prison Epistles, and you can see His theology and beliefs grow in this way, which is the same way Believers are to grow as well. They are never satisfied with their place but are always pressing on to the high calling of God in Christ.

So If you are capable of listening, you will see I am making a valid biblical point in my writing, and not a baseless false accusation. I was where you are at in your beliefs at one time because we are all on the same journey of faith, though we all have varied experiences, and we all must overcome that place of complacency in order to press on toward that High calling of Christ, and once you see this, then you too will begin to be "Knit together in Love" with others who are on this Journey in the unity of the Spirit, But first you have to see that you have the need for more than what He has already bestowed upon you, and that he has more to gift you, the riches of His Grace, which are "unsearchable". (Ephesians 2:7, and Ephesians 3:8) This being the point of my so called "Nonsequiter question" to you, which you could not answer.

Please note, this is not about me "boasting" of my Spiritual maturity, but rather encouraging you to discover this yourself. It is God that produces the growth, my hope is merely to "water" what he has already given you. When I was where you were at I had no one to help me, But God reached down to me and drew nigh to me when i realized my wretched state, and how unworthy I was, and he can do so for you as well if you reach out to him and draw nigh to Him with a repentant heart. Be zealous and repent.

I Pray you have the ears to hear what the Spirit is saying, if not you then others who read this.

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (Ephesians 3:8)

God Bless.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we waiting for something we don't think we have yet?"

Stop waiting, and start walking in faith. You are complete in Him. Just like a baby who doesn't yet know how talk, or walk, though he have a voice, though he have legs and feet, but he must learn to use them.

Just like the a baby, who has stomach, and intestine, and all all the rest, yet does not digest solid food yet.

The baby doesn't grow a stomach, the baby already has a stomach, which developes to accomodate a full diet. The baby doesn't grow legs, the baby has legs, which become strengthed and trained as the child learn to walk.

The baby doesn't grow eyes, he has eyes, but he needs to learn what he's seeing.

The baby is a complete human being, entirely human, who needs to grow, and mature.

We're like that.

We are complete in Him. We have every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies. We are new creatures.

Now, put on the new man, and put off the old man, and trust God that you can, because He's made it so you can.

By choosing, in trust, that you already are able.

Are you able?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The baby is a complete human being, entirely human, who needs to grow, and mature.

We're like that.

We are complete in Him. We have every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies. We are new creatures.
One big difference between a human baby, and a newly reborn child of God, the baby CAN'T yet walk, It simply does not have the strength or coordination.

However, the new Christian CAN walk, by trusting Jesus. And in fact, so many DO walk in faith, until they are told that they can't. This phenomena has become so prevalent as to have it's own doctrine and it's own terminology, Honeymooning with the Lord.

I've been told this, You have joy, but it won't last. The world comes crashing in. You'll have have spiritual victory, but get ready for defeat, 'cuz it's a comin'!

I've been told, Oh, everybody goes through this.

The reality in Scripture is that were are free in Christ, alive in Christ, we are able to walk in the Spirit, to the degree that we . . . believe . . . we can.

Do you believe?

The hot tip is . . . the honeymoon never has to end.

By trusting Jesus, we walk in the Spirit. Walking in the Spirit produces spiritual fruit. From day One.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By trusting Jesus, we walk in the Spirit. Walking in the Spirit produces spiritual fruit. From day One.
When we look at ourselves, and see lack, see weakness, some coddling of sin, some fear of loss, some envy, some doubt, whatever it is, we can either own that as our own shortcoming, or we can place blame outside of ourselves.

So in one way, our life is like the baby who has legs but doesn't yet know how to walk. So he has to learn.

But in another way, OK, our body is one thing, bound by the laws of this age, bound by flesh and what it is. Spirit is entirely "other".

Let's take a different anology.

God says we are free from sin. Let's say, you don't feel that way. Let's say, you feel compelled to commit certain sins. That they flare up before you can get a handle on them.

To my thinking, this is comparable to a man who's been a begger all his life, who's been given a suitcase, and told, this will supply all you need. But they don't open it, and remain poor.

OK, then one day he opens the case, but doesn't really realize all the things he can do with all that cash! He buys a burger, buys a hat. But it take awhile before he learns how to use money well. Eventually, he's got a house, and wardrobe, and the rest of what he needs.

God says we are free from sin. Living free from sin is to "put on" that reality. To live according to what God says is true.

And be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the "Mature" Paul writing here, the one imprisoned in Rome as this is one of his Prison Epistles, and you can see His theology and beliefs grow in this way, which is the same way Believers are to grow as well.
Are you saying Paul's teachings changed over time?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

I would disagree with you.

Much love!
Exactly how it was on day one . I woke up a sin loving monster , yet by that afternoon God appeared in my conscious
and Bam , just like that the desires were to GO after HIM . YEP . Whole new desires . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and he will not give them until we ask and see the need for Them and ask for them rightly
I have no question whether this is true in some cases, just the same, be careful about saying what God will and won't do with His people.

This needlessly limits your faith.

I've seen God do all sorts of different things.

Wondering, was Paul asking to see Jesus? Or was it God's timing?

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s His breath breathed into us, that gives life.

AGREE!

Fully formed body, Ears that can not hear, Eyes that can not see, Tongue that can not Taste, Flesh that can not Feel, Nose that can not smell, etc.
God Creates...Then God MAKES the Created creature ALIVE.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying Paul's teachings changed over time?

Yes, His theology grew as he Matured as a believer. Have you ever read his epistles in the Order he wrote them?

However, the new Christian CAN walk, by trusting Jesus. And in fact, so many DO walk in faith, until they are told that they can't. This phenomena has become so prevalent as to have it's own doctrine and it's own terminology, Honeymooning with the Lord.

I've been told this, You have joy, but it won't last. The world comes crashing in. You'll have have spiritual victory, but get ready for defeat, 'cuz it's a comin'!

I've been told, Oh, everybody goes through this.

The reality in Scripture is that were are free in Christ, alive in Christ, we are able to walk in the Spirit, to the degree that we . . . believe . . . we can.

Do you believe?

Honeymooning, Backsliding, Dry spells, etc., are all caused by complacency, the satisfaction with where one is at, the solution to this is to always be pressing on to the high calling of God in Christ. It is like eternity, when we realize we have been living in eternity for 10,000 years we will only realize then that we have just begun, to paraphrase the Old Hymn.... It it the same with our growth. The Believer who embraces what I have written will never stop growing in the faith they will continually press on and there is never any danger of Backsliding, because you never reach a place of complacency because you know he is continually working in you, Both now and into eternity. These are the unsearchable riches of His Grace.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, His theology grew as he Matured as a believer. Have you ever read his epistles in the Order he wrote them?

That's not what I asked you.

Are you saying Paul's teachings changed over time? Not his understanding, Paul's theology, rather, the letters he wrote. Did his teaching change?

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no question whether this is true in some cases, just the same, be careful about saying what God will and won't do with His people.

This needlessly limits your faith.

I've seen God do all sorts of different things.

Wondering, was Paul asking to see Jesus? Or was it God's timing?

Yes the early church, and Paul in particular Got a Special "injection" of the Holy Ghost which inspired them to write what they wrote, But they also matured as believers as you and I do here and now. Peter is a good example of how this growth occurs as well, being a denier of Christ, and later Rebuked by Paul in Galatians to being an ardent defender of Paul in His epistles later on and a defender of the Gospel to the Gentiles in Acts 15.

What would have happened if Peter became complacent with the faith he was given in Acts 2, would he have not matured and grown in the faith, and resisted The Spirit and ministry of Paul, when He rebuked Him? Some in that group did do so and became the judaizers that Paul fought against, which over time formed and developed his doctrine, Which distinguished Christianity from being a sect of Judaism to becoming A new covenant faith for all.

The Ones limiting faith are the ones who are teaching complacency to the believer, the ones who teach that you have all you need and you need not grow in Grace and the riches he has to offer us. If you do not know what you are missing out on, you will never see that you are missing all that he has to offer us, and even when we think we have it all he has more, for he is limitless If we keep pressing on we will discover this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the early church, and Paul in particular Got a Special "injection"
So then, do you think it possible God just might take a proactive approach with others as well?

Something possible maybe?