When were the seals opened?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry David, but the seals have not been opened yet. The rider on the white horse is the antichrist going out conquering and to conquer.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

We have not had a war that has taken the whole earth

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Not even WW 2 was fought on all continents. the 2 Americas and Antarctica did not have war on them.

We have not had global famine or global hyper inflation yet:

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Nor have we seen war and encompassing famine kill 1/4th of the population:

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Also since Pentecost, whenever a believer is martyred, they go straight o heaven and are like those who die fo natural causes. These are post rapture saints.

Sorry, but though we have seen all these phenomena happen on the earth in smaller measures, the seals are still future.

Lookup the black plague, and the great famine of 1315....

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I See the rider on the white horse as Nicolaitanism which began in the apostolic church with those who claimed to be apostles but were not. This has continued and gotten worse through the ages. It is directly related to the Mystery of iniquity which was already at work in Paul's time but was restrained. I Have a post here on Nicolaitanism if you have not read it yet, do so.

What forum is your post on Nicolaitanism in so I can find it. I know about it as one of the Gnostic sub-categories.

Matthew 24 shows the seals in order. This is the first seal as also described in Revelation 5. And 2 Thessalonians 2.

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

It is the Antichrist, and the unveiling of him starts the Great Tribulation.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So,we have been under Gods wrath for that long? Just asking
As I already pointed out God's wrath begins under the 6th and 7th seals. But the Olivet Discourse confirms that the events of the first five seals would continue from the 1st century. You can check that out for yourself and match it up with world history and Church history.

Reactions: David H. and Keraz

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I already pointed out God's wrath begins under the 6th and 7th seals. But the Olivet Discourse confirms that the events of the first five seals would continue from the 1st century. You can check that out for yourself and match it up with world history and Church history.
Unless you are a preterist I can't see the first seal having been opened yet - but soon. It is the revealing of the Antichrist and the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the Antichrist, and the unveiling of him starts the Great Tribulation.
That is how I see it and how Jesus clearly said the end would begin Matthew 24:15

Unless you are a preterist I can't see the first seal having been opened yet - but soon. It is the revealing of the Antichrist and the beginning of the Great Tribulation.
This is what the preterist sees rightly. I am a premillennialist and a futurist, but think that our brethren in the preterist camp have part of this right, and are worth listening to for this.

Out of curiousity, do you see a difference between the wrath of the lamb and the wrath of God? (Revelation 6:16, vs Revelation 11:18)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter who we think they are, we know this

1. they were redeemed by Christ
2. They were sitting in heaven, meaning they had been resurrected.

thus your theory falls, because there has been no resurrection yet, Paul proved this in Thessalonians,

who were the ones resurrected in Jerusalem at the time of Christ's death in Matthew 27:52-53?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes no sense. Plus like I showed above. A resurrection had already taken place before the first seal was opened.

Alot of people think Gods full wrath is only the last two. I disagree with this. All the seals are Gods judgment on earth. If we look at the OT. We see God used man to judge Israel (assyria, Babylon, Media-persia etc etc) And that is what he is doing with the seals. He is starting unrest on earth. Taking peace from earth etc etc..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who were the ones resurrected in Jerusalem at the time of Christ's death in Matthew 27:52-53?
It says their physical bodies were resurrected and they walked around. It does not say they were caught up to be with the Lord. and were given their resurrected bodies.

Most likely these people, like Lazarus, Died again.

Reactions: Keraz

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first seal corresponds to false Christs, who began to appear very shortly after. Simeon bar Kochba appeared as a Messiah in the 2nd century. Many believe it applies to the Antichrist, but he is in the future.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first seal corresponds to false Christs, who began to appear very shortly after. Simeon bar Kochba appeared as a Messiah in the 2nd century. Many believe it applies to the Antichrist, but he is in the future.

I believe Jesus was answering about the end of the age, and the Antichrist. John also talks of many antichrist, but also one specific.

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says their physical bodies were resurrected and they walked around. It does not say they were caught up to be with the Lord. and were given their resurrected bodies.

Most likely these people, like Lazarus, Died again.

I Say these include the 24 elders, the heavenly Sanhedrin court. They likely ascended to heaven with Christ.

Scripture does not say what you said of them, that they died again, so you cannot prove this either. You are incapable of admitting you do not know.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Say these include the 24 elders, the heavenly Sanhedrin court. They likely ascended to heaven with Christ.

Scripture does not say what you said of them, that they died again, so you cannot prove this either. You are incapable of admitting you do not know.

Scripture does not say what you claim either. Nor does it say they ascended to heaven with Christ.

Most people believe the 24 elders refer to the 12 tribes and the 12 apostles (Israel and the church)

But even this can not be proven.

We will now when we get to heaven though..

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anybody know who the 24 elders might be, and if there are any other references scripturally?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture does not say what you claim either. Nor does it say they ascended to heaven with Christ.

Most people believe the 24 elders refer to the 12 tribes and the 12 apostles (Israel and the church)

But even this can not be proven.

We will now when we get to heaven though.
I Agree with this, I do not know who the 24 elders are and scripture does not give these details. What it does say is that some were resurrected at the crucifixion and ascended to heaven when Christ did "presumably". All we know is they were saints. They were redeemed by the blood and are part of the firstfruits of the resurrection with Christ Jesus. I Suspect they make up the "Elders" of Revelation.