When Will the second coming take place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
I would be interested to hear peoples opinions,we all know it says in the bible nobody will know the hour..But would be interesting to hear peoples comments and do people think we are near..I will go first I would say in my opinion it will not be for some time yet but I think in 50 years will be around the time of the second coming.So around the year 2050-2060

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
As quickly as this world is turning its back on God, I would say it's not very far away--at least I hope not. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(bondsemerson;42591)
I would be interested to hear peoples opinions,we all know it says in the bible nobody will know the hour..But would be interesting to hear peoples comments and do people think we are near..I will go first I would say in my opinion it will not be for some time yet but I think in 50 years will be around the time of the second coming.So around the year 2050-2060
That's actually pretty close to what I would guess. (And that is only a guess, just to clarify things. :angel10: )

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
Thanks for comments guys,it is a very interesting subject I dont think the world can continue another 100 years so as I said above I think Christ will return between 2050-2060 that is only a guess and I dont think there is any harm in me putting out my opinion.A lot of what the bible says is happining now,like more Earthquakes,famines,also how the jews are back as a nation,also heard the other day that Iran are not to happy with Israel so you can also see how where it says in the bible many armys will attack the jews is not something you would say is out of the question to happen well any time soon.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I guess I'll be the decenter here I think it entirely possable its this year or nextbut the longest out as I see it is 2018 according to scripture I have based my oipnion on Gods Word

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Kriss, you have been a great inspiration to me on this board and I have read every word you have written. I do have a question regarding your last post.Do you save for retirement?Donnie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you are asking my philosophy on it I try to live each day to its fullest and to me that means spending it in his Word and trying to debunk some of the lies with a little truth even if it only helps one. If he comes today or years from now doesn't change anything I'll keep doing what I do till God takes me home or comes and gets us.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
When Will the second coming take place?
Sept 9, 2018 7:30PM Local Israeli time sharp.
biggrin.gif
Actually, I've heard many predictions, some past already and some yet in the future, including Sir Isaac Newton. Whatever year it will be, none of the predictions exceed more than a few decades from now. Since I am 49, I may be alive yet when this happens, then again I may be gone regarding the later predictions if that's a clue.Relatively speaking, I think it's very soon when comparing the vast time of the history of civilization. When comparing it to a lifetime, though, it may be awhile, or a few generations yet. I know where Kriss gets her prediction, and it is scriptural---- has to do with a generation and the rebirth of national Israel. The bible has different times for a generation and its hard to know which number to use. I remember back in 1973 Christians were predicting the Lord's return and the end because it was 25 years after the birth of Israel (1988 was another famous year). But then again, looking back, I think they used a generational number at the low end of the scale.1973? I bet some young posters on here think that's loooooong ago and I'm really old!
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ill see on Sept. 9 2018 Tim wanna do lunch?Tims right it is based on a generational thing but to my knowledge there are only three Generations accepted in scripture 40 year,70,year.120 year (some say this is 100)So if Christ promises to return before that generation passes we are getting kind of narroweddown here 40years has passed 70 years is 2018 and 120 we will most likely be deadthats following the season started in 1948 And I completly conquer with it being in September

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Now, for some strange stuff. If anyone here is into Great Pyramid dating, some end-time dates have been set there. One such date, 1979, occurs near the entrance of what is called the "ante-chamber" before the great chamber where the coffer is located.I don't know what happened in 1979, but I can attest that something happened subjectively inside myself. I remember I had mono as a 20-year-old and was depressed over being sick so long. In that depression involved some anxiety, and it almost seemed to me as if some sort of spiritual warfare and chess-playing on a grand scale was going on in the background. I can't quite explain the terribly ominous feeling I had, but there was the feeling of secrecy in the air as if in the near future something big was going to take place. It was as if I experienced some sort of window connecting the real world I once knew with the spiritual.I think readers of this post can appreciate the feeling if they compare it to the book of Daniel where there is tremendous angelic warfare going on in the background and scary supernatural things happening that dictated the course of events.I don't know what really happened in 1979, but I feel as if it set the stage for something much bigger and cosmic to happen later---- something definitely went on, at least in my life. A very dark, cloudy and strange year indeed.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Seems I have read some others saying this about that year but I can not remember what was saidthough I do believe the Great Pyrmid to be the Bible written in stone and mentioned in scripture I also find it interesting the pyramid has no capstone all plans to put it back in place have been foiled some might remember that Christ is our capstone

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(kriss;42671)
Seems I have read some others saying this about that year but I can not remember what was saidthough I do believe the Great Pyrmid to be the Bible written in stone and mentioned in scripture I also find it interesting the pyramid has no capstone all plans to put it back in place have been foiled some might remember that Christ is our capstone
I remember that year was also a year of locusts in the Poconos where we had a cabin. They were whirling away all that time and their sound reminded me of a futuristic space station or something. I even wrote a song "Here comes the 8th plague" but I lost the words to it now, I only remember how to play the song on my keyboard. Whatever happened that year, it was eerie, ominous, and felt like there was danger "at a distance" that did not arrive yet, but one day would. I can almost resurrect those feelings again just talking here about it---- very, very strange.If you find out what happened that year, let me know. I think I'll do an Internet search myself and see if I can come up with something.

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
Thanks for all the fine commets on this thread that I created as I write this now I prey that God will bless each and everyone off you...I am 28 years old now so if I live to 80 and God willing I do that would mean would be the year 2060,so according to scripture with the JEWS coming back to the land there mite be a chance I could witness the second coming...Can I ask does anyone on here think in there own opinion that the second coming might not happen for maybe another 100+ years...Thanks for all your comments..And Kriss thanks for your reply to another forum on here about backsliding your comments helped me greatly...I prey for god to bless you richly brother.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(bondsemerson;42678)
Can I ask does anyone on here think in there own opinion that the second coming might not happen for maybe another 100+ years...
No, I think it will happen well before then IMO, for similar reasons Kriss cited. She is well versed in scripture and did lots of study on that. I think Newton predicted in the 2020's sometime and the furthest out I heard was maybe something like 2080's.In addition to the signs of Israel, the free world nations, namely the United States, UK and European nations are going down fast. They are part of the lost tribes, and when they lose their power, then there will be nothing to restrain the Satanic world from taking over. I saw a radical change in thinking even in the last 10-15 years that seems alien to what I was brought up with which suggests to me that the end is at the doorstep. Technology will no doubt expedite all this due to faster information and communication.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
It partly depends on whether one believes in pre-tribulation/-millenial rapture or not, -if the anti-christ has to appear 1st.It is true that the bible says no one knows the day or hour. (Query is this literal day/hour or ?) But we can roughly know the signs of the times/"season".Personally I think we should live in preparedness (like the women & lamp oil parable) that it could be any time, both very soon and very far.My own way of determining the times is to say "is there only 7 yrs left or not?"Also, if any mysteries/discoveries (historical) are still yet to be made.I felt a shock when Clinton gave speach saying human genome had been (roughly) mapped.I personally (still) tend to think that it could still possibly be farther off then most other charismatics/pentecostals believe (they say betw about 2008 to 2029). I can see it could be either near or far.Things have sped up a bit from what I expected a couple of years ago (exponential).It is not wholly true to say Israel is back as a nation because most still live in USA etc.Chuck Misler says bible says those signs are only pre-signs.Another rough estimation is the world ages (and also/alt 7 (x 7) churches) of bible and mythology prophecy (& compare nostradamus/pyramidology), see my freeweb site article at freewebs dot com/lifetradition . (See also my dead sea scrolls article at headnheart dot blogspot dot com .)Bible says will be as days before Flood (cp Hancock type ideas).Misler reckons the iron & clay in Daniel implies that "Aliens" will come.Many make a big deal of the 8 in 2008, but the ad/bc system is not accurate (esp since should be from resurrection not birth) and the jewish yr is not significant number(s) either (tho I believe that periods betw modern israel dates such as fndtn of state, 6 day war etc might be significant?)Alot of people talk(ed) about Age of Aquarius, planetary synod, magnetic-polar reversal, return of "Nibiru", etc.pre signs and/or signs (many are/have appeared but some not or not wholly):earthquakes; rumours wars; children vs parents; drugs/witchcraft (pharmacia); homosexuality; israel return; way of kings of east; longevity (desire to die, death flee)?; increase knowledge; many run to and fro; false christs/prophets; pour out spirit on all flesh//latter rain; young/old dreams/visions; lukewarm church; gospel to all nations; temple rebuilt; oil run out (horses/horsemen)?; slaves; falling away of many/love grow cold; invasion of israel by/from ; one world govt?; mark of beast; iniquity (mystery of, of Amorites); roaring sea ; the Lie; sun marr people's skin; Babylon rebuilt; world trade; strange diet; calendar change; "revived Roman emp?; etc.I believe/discovered that the events of John's times (& after) were types of end time events: Pompey, famine, inflation, Pax romana, 10 caesars, fire of rome, barbarians (locust-scorpions), destruction of Jerusalem, etc.There is also parallels with middle (& modern) ages: Mongols described as locusts, black plague pictured as rider on horse, (yr 1666?), (horse riders genghis/napoleon/hilter?), etc.(Daniel's 4 beasts/metals are not only kdms betw Daniel & end but also layout of whole of history: lion/gold = Babel, etc.)

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I think we are close. The gospel is now almost preached to all the world or the world has acess to the gospel. All other things that ye all believe will happen could start to happen over night at great speed. Dont for get though the time of trouble is going to be hard on a lot of christians. The govt and false church is going to come and try to get us like boogie men.With all the nuclear bombs and all the wicked men running them I dont see hoe we will survive another 20 years.

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
In my opinion I cant see the second coming happening in the next 20 years..I think will take longer,I think when they make ID cards compulsery in the UK will be a sign,cos it is clear the ID card system wont work,cos everyone will be reporting cards lost,or stolen,this then will make way for them to make you get an implant in your arm which I think could be the mark of the beast that is in Revalation.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
In 1973 I was a young man of 27. Oh to be that young again, or at least to FEEL that young again.
smile.gif
I will be 62 this April 8. :eek: