When Will the second coming take place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Look for him when you see him coming is my best advice. Like some one here is going to know when its suppose to happen....I doubt it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
no man knows the hour or the day but God tells us the season and it started in 1948and he promises he will return before the Generation that wittnessed that event would not all die before he comes well that was almost 60 years ago so you figure it out

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Jon-Marc;42824)
In 1973 I was a young man of 27. Oh to be that young again, or at least to FEEL that young again.
smile.gif
I will be 62 this April 8. :eek:
Well, look on the bright side. In 1973 you were almost double my age. Now, you are only about 1¼ times my age!
biggrin.gif

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(tim_from_pa;42845)
Well, look on the bright side. In 1973 you were almost double my age. Now, you are only about 1¼ times my age!
biggrin.gif

You and me both..............27 that is.......

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
(bondsemerson;42796)
... I think when they make ID cards compulsery in the UK will be a sign,cos it is clear the ID card system wont work,cos everyone will be reporting cards lost,or stolen,this then will make way for them to make you get an implant in your arm which I think could be the mark of the beast that is in Revalation.
Don't they already have ID cards in USA? Here in miserable NZ they brought in subtle ID cards in form of photo driver's licenses (I am one of only ones who doesn't have a car/driver's license). In future they might have retina scanners & implanted microchips. Police already have finger prints system.It was also a common idea that bar code (and/or eftpos) are proto-666, but it is the number of his/its name, &/or Chuck Misler reckons 666 [or 616] mark is rather taking mark to identify with the beast like say he/it had a wound/1 eye/birth mark/3rd eye*/nail marks and you make a copy. The Beast will be wounded in head & arm. There are prophetic evidences of 666 mark in mythology & bible eg Hindu 3rd eye dots, Cain's mark, horned hand*, Sumerian wrist "watches". Manson had swastika on forehead. Sometime in middle ages they couldn't buy/sell without doing that Catholic cossing self action. *eye="horn"?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Bibliocentrist;42888)
Don't they already have ID cards in USA? Here in miserable NZ they brought in subtle ID cards in form of photo driver's licenses (I am one of only ones who doesn't have a car/driver's license). In future they might have retina scanners & implanted microchips. Police already have finger prints system.It was also a common idea that bar code (and/or eftpos) are proto-666, but it is the number of his/its name, &/or Chuck Misler reckons 666 [or 616] mark is rather taking mark to identify with the beast like say he/it had a wound/1 eye/birth mark/3rd eye*/nail marks and you make a copy. The Beast will be wounded in head & arm. There are prophetic evidences of 666 mark in mythology & bible eg Hindu 3rd eye dots, Cain's mark, horned hand*, Sumerian wrist "watches". Manson had swastika on forehead. Sometime in middle ages they couldn't buy/sell without doing that Catholic cossing self action. *eye=horn"?
No, they are talking about ID cards, and even at that, all it is at this point would be a national "Driver's license" ID. When scanned in could retrieve data in many computer banks. No implanted chips or 666's yet.
smile.gif
It is my understanding and hope that since only government agencies issues these that only government agencies can scan them, and even then, certain branches could only retrieve certain information as opposed to your local grocery store learning your every detail. My gut feeling is that they will be used for any official government, travel, major business or medical transaction.To the rest, especially Kriss:Here is what I found on 1979. Hmmmmm. Maybe. That might explain my feeling of danger lurking in the background that one day would arrive. And I think the setting up of this will contribute to the end times. I have another suspicion, regarding this year (hint:birth) but that would just be conjecture at this point. But this is probably big enough at this point for the pyramid to predict. [url="http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2008%5C03%5C23%5Cstory_23-3-2008_pg3_4]pivot of change[/url]

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Bibliocentrist;42888)
Don't they already have ID cards in USA? Here in miserable NZ they brought in subtle ID cards in form of photo driver's licenses (I am one of only ones who doesn't have a car/driver's license). In future they might have retina scanners & implanted microchips. Police already have finger prints system.It was also a common idea that bar code (and/or eftpos) are proto-666, but it is the number of his/its name, &/or Chuck Misler reckons 666 [or 616] mark is rather taking mark to identify with the beast like say he/it had a wound/1 eye/birth mark/3rd eye*/nail marks and you make a copy. The Beast will be wounded in head & arm. There are prophetic evidences of 666 mark in mythology & bible eg Hindu 3rd eye dots, Cain's mark, horned hand*, Sumerian wrist "watches". Manson had swastika on forehead. Sometime in middle ages they couldn't buy/sell without doing that Catholic cossing self action. *eye=horn"?
I.D. cards are not the mark of the beast they may play a role as identifiers in the one World beastly system but they are not the Mark see my study on this [url="http://www.christianityboard.com/marks-seals-god-and-beast-t6352.html]http://www.christianityboard.com/marks-sea...east-t6352.html[/url]

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(tim_from_pa;42889)
No, they are talking about ID cards, and even at that, all it is at this point would be a national "Driver's license" ID. When scanned in could retrieve data in many computer banks. No implanted chips or 666's yet.
smile.gif
It is my understanding and hope that since only government agencies issues these that only government agencies can scan them, and even then, certain branches could only retrieve certain information as opposed to your local grocery store learning your every detail. My gut feeling is that they will be used for any official government, travel, major business or medical transaction.To the rest, especially Kriss:Here is what I found on 1979. Hmmmmm. Maybe. That might explain my feeling of danger lurking in the background that one day would arrive. And I think the setting up of this will contribute to the end times. I have another suspicion, regarding this year (hint:birth) but that would just be conjecture at this point. But this is probably big enough at this point for the pyramid to predict. pivot of change
Very interesting Tim I cant argue with that at all

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Man -- All I'm worried about, in regards to the rapture is this:I hope I'm not STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR when its time to GO.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(RaddSpencer;43037)
I hope I'm not STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR when its time to GO.
For your sake I hope you're not either, since that would mean that you'll be in the middle of a pile of rubble from when the Sixth Seal/Seventh Trumpet/Seventh Bowl earthquake hits.

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
I herad something on Revaltion TV the other day that before Chirst will return a temple in Isreal must be rebult,can anyone put any more input into this.

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(bondsemerson;43102)
I herad something on Revaltion TV the other day that before Chirst will return a temple in Isreal must be rebult,can anyone put any more input into this.
This is based on II Thessalonians 2 and Revelation 11, both of which reference a functioning temple being present in Jerusalem during the Tribulation.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(bondsemerson;42591)
I would be interested to hear peoples opinions,we all know it says in the bible nobody will know the hour..But would be interesting to hear peoples comments and do people think we are near..I will go first I would say in my opinion it will not be for some time yet but I think in 50 years will be around the time of the second coming.So around the year 2050-2060
The moment that the Church is glorified Ephesians 5: 27. 1 John 3: 2-3.When everything has been restored back to the Church, such as, Power, Apostles, Prophets and the gifts. Acts 3: 19--21. When we are in the greatest revival that the Church has seen.Epephesians 5: 27. Acts 3: 19. 19--21.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(bondsemerson;43102)
There are so many opinions on this I could make a decent argument either WayI think the different opinions on this come from the fact there most certainly will be a restored Temple the question is when I myself am more lean toward the opinion there will not be a TRUE temple until Christ returns reason being Antichrist comes first So if he built a temple it would not be true temple of God but a fake but scripture says he will stand in the holyof holies and declare himself god (abomination) So it would seem something must be there but whether this is a temple an alter what is not said to my knowledge But if someone can prove other wise I'm welling to reconsider

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
I think we are very close to the second coming...We should prepare the land for Him..

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;42666)
Ill see on Sept. 9 2018 Tim wanna do lunch?Tims right it is based on a generational thing but to my knowledge there are only three Generations accepted in scripture 40 year,70,year.120 year (some say this is 100)So if Christ promises to return before that generation passes we are getting kind of narroweddown here 40years has passed 70 years is 2018 and 120 we will most likely be deadthats following the season started in 1948 And I completly conquer with it being in September
I am right their with ya Kriss. But one thing I am curious of is this: do you believe it must land on exactly the 70 or 120 year mark or could it be on the 63 or 97yr etc.?I personally would be suprised if we make it to 2020 the at the rate the sin in this world is going.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont insist on it follower I agree with you its just that if we use scripture as our example God seems to use these numbers very accuratley 40 years they wonderd in the desert,Daniel 70th week ect. Numbers are extremly important in the Word and God gives each a meaning So when he promises a generation thats normally exactly what he means but with the difference in solar and lunar and his exact meaing it could differ a little but I would expect it to be close. In fact in this case he says before the Gereration has passed so I would expect it would be in between example 120 year it could be on 119th year, 70 year could be 60th year ect.