Where does the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible say anyone is a child of Mary accept Jesus Christ?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sir, I mean you no offense, but since joining this forum you have created 13 threads, nearly all of which have been antagonistic, and nearly all of which have gone completely unanswered. You also have 58 posts, but not a single Like has been posted to any of them.

This community is not a click. We welcome people who have something valuable or interesting to contribute, no matter who they are. So your lack of responses should be telling you something: If no one is showing any interest, maybe you need to look more deeply into what the Bible says about edifying one another with the words we speak, and by extension, the words that we post.

Work on that first. We'll talk about Mary later.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in Other words accept what your told and don’t question our authority!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I offer is the bible

ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ so rejection of scripture is rejection of Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grammar you mean? This ain’t second grade so there are no gold stars!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two passages of Scripture give us information about the siblings of Jesus. Matthew 13:54–57 says, “Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. ‘Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?’ they asked. ‘Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?’ And they took offense at him.” Although we are not sure how many sisters Jesus had, the fact that He did indeed have at least six siblings is indisputable (Mark 6:3).

Jude 1:1 identifies the author of the epistle as “the brother of James.” This James is believed to be the James who wrote the book by that name, and who was also Jesus’ brother (see Galatians 1:19). Both James and Jude (Judas) would have been among the group of siblings who were at first embarrassed by their older brother’s audacious celebrity and came to take Him home (Matthew 12:46). James and Jude did not believe Him to be the Son of God until after His resurrection. But when they witnessed Jesus alive again, His siblings became ardent disciples.got?

hope this helps !!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 2 says his disciples believed because of Mary’s intercession!

if Jesus has brothers why is only James called the brother of the Lord?

the Bible also says lot is Abraham’s brother.

none of the are or can be the children of Mary?
Matt 10 James is the son of zebedee and the other James is the son of Alpheus, no one named James or anyone else is the Son of God accept Jesus! Lk 1:35 and Is 7:14 says she shall bear a son (singular)

A Virgin is a perpetual Virgin by vow to God!

Not a maiden, not a woman who has not had sex, but a perpetual Virgin, there’s no reason to be a perpetual Virgin unless you make of sacrifice of your virginity to a God!

Lk 1 only make sense if she is a perpetual Virgin, for even the promise to become the mother of God and the mother of our salvation is not enough to obtain Her consent if it violates Her vow of perpetual virginity!

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two passages of Scripture give us information about the siblings of Jesus. Matthew 13:54–57 says, “Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. ‘Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?’ they asked. ‘Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?’ And they took offense at him.” Although we are not sure how many sisters Jesus had, the fact that He did indeed have at least six siblings is indisputable (Mark 6:3).

Jude 1:1 identifies the author of the epistle as “the brother of James.” This James is believed to be the James who wrote the book by that name, and who was also Jesus’ brother (see Galatians 1:19). Both James and Jude (Judas) would have been among the group of siblings who were at first embarrassed by their older brother’s audacious celebrity and came to take Him home (Matthew 12:46). James and Jude did not believe Him to be the Son of God until after His resurrection. But when they witnessed Jesus alive again, His siblings became ardent disciples.got?

hope this helps !!!
Actually - NONE of them are said to be children of Mary.
Time for a language lesson . . .

The NT was written in Koine Greek - not English. The word for Brother (Adelphos) encompasses the meanings for brother of same parents, half-brother, cousin, uncle, relative, kinsman, same tribe, fellow believer, and even a fellow countryman. The attempt to apply ONE word for all of these meanings in 21st century English is ludicrous. Just as languages differ – so do the meanings of different words.

Furthermore, there was NO term for the word “cousin” in the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke. When the OT was translated into Greek in the centuries before the birth of Christ (the Septuagint), the words “adelphos” and “adelphoi” were used in places where “ach” was. This is why we have many examples in the Septuagint of the following:

- In Gen. 14:14, Lot is called Abraham’s "brother", even though he was his NEPHEW (Gen. 11:26–28).

- In Gen. 29:15, Jacob is referred to as the "brother" of his UNCLE Laban.

- Brothers Kish and Eleazar were the sons of Mahli. Kish had sons of his own, but Eleazar’s daughters married their "brethren”, the sons of Kish - who were actually their COUSINS (1 Chr. 23:21–22).

As for the names these adelphoi of Jesus that you mention, James, Joseph (Joses), Jude (Judas), they are said to be the children of the OTHER Mary standing near the cross. She is said to be the "sister" (Adelphe) of Mary, mother of Jesus. We know this is NOT her uterine sister because they are BOTH names "Mary".

What do the Scriptures have to say about the women standing at the cross - and their children?

Matt. 27:56 says, "…among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee".

Mark 15:40 states, "There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome.

Finally, John 19:25 states, "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

When you compare the different accounts of the crucifixion, they CLEARLY show the mother of James and Joseph to be the wife of Clopas (also called, Alphaeus) – not Mary, the Mother of Jesus. Any attempt to connect these people as uterine brothers of Jesus are squashed by the Bible.

YOUR turn . . .

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jn 2 says his disciples believed because of Mary’s intercession!

if Jesus has brothers why is only James called the brother of the Lord?

the Bible also says lot is Abraham’s brother.

none of the are or can be the children of Mary?
Matt 10 James is the son of zebedee and the other James is the son of Alpheus, no one named James or anyone else is the Son of God accept Jesus! Lk 1:35 and Is 7:14 says she shall bear a son (singular)

A Virgin is a perpetual Virgin by vow to God!

Not a maiden, not a woman who has not had sex, but a perpetual Virgin, there’s no reason to be a perpetual Virgin unless you make of sacrifice of your virginity to a God!

Lk 1 only make sense if she is a perpetual Virgin, for even the promise to become the mother of God and the mother of our salvation is not enough to obtain Her consent if it violates Her vow of perpetual virginity!

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
but we are told that she and Joseph abstained from sex until after Jesus was born, eh
fwiw The Virgin back then was known, and you can do Virgin Worship if you like, but i gotta ask what is the point, other than to take your focus off of Christ?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but we are told that she and Joseph abstained from sex until after Jesus was born, eh
fwiw The Virgin back then was known, and you can do Virgin Worship if you like, but i gotta ask what is the point, other than to take your focus off of Christ?
Matt. 1:25 says: "...but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus."

Did Mary have other children after Jesus? As we have examined – the Bible does not support this idea.
Let’s see what the Scriptures say about the use of the word, “until”.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Let’s also examine Acts 2:34-35 (also see Psalm 110:1, Matt 22:44): For David did not go up into heaven, but he himself said: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand UNTIL I make your enemies your footstool."'

Are we to surmise that Jesus will cease to sit at the right hand of the Father AFTER his enemies are made his footstool? The problem here is that anti-Catholics attempt to apply 21st century English to Hebrew and Greek from a culture thousands of years ago.

Finally, Mary’s question to the Angel Gabriel is very telling about her intention to remain a virgin:

Luke 1:34: Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?
Mary was a betrothed girl who knew about marital relations. She didn’t say “How can this be, since I have not known a man?
She said “How can this be, since I do not know a man?

She was stating her intention to remain a virgin and was puzzled by Gabriel’s announcement that she was to have a child. She knew that God was aware of her intentions. Her bewilderment and the words “I do not know”, as opposed to I have not known”, is clear evidence that she had NO intention of having marital relations.

YOUR turn . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir, I mean you no offense, but since joining this forum you have created 13 threads, nearly all of which have been antagonistic,
God bless,
Hidden In Him
When someone joins this forum and they create threads that you agree with....are they being antagonistic?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son."

Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother." And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.

Peace!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone joins this forum and they create threads that you agree with....are they being antagonistic?

If they immediately created 13 threads within a few days of joining, throwing their doctrines in everyone's face like they owned the place, yes. They are being openly antagonistic, I don't care WHAT they believe.

When's the last time you saw someone march into a forum and immediately start doing that stuff, and you didn't consider them to be a jerk yourself unless they were parroting your doctrines, Mary?

What sort of exclusivist *** shows up and by his actions effectively declares everyone else an idiot because his is "THEE" faith, and my heart is somehow supposed to be warmed by his presence and wowed by his intellect. As of yet, he's posted nothing of substance on this forum. Just a lot of lightweight, pitiful one-liners designed to antagonize people into responding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do know people like him set a very bad example for your denomination, yes? You have two people here who are good examples: Oz, and Philip James. Philip is kind, and Oz is both kind and very substantive in his posts. We don't always agree, but I have him on my friends list because his posts are quality. Without wanting to be insulting, yours never really do anything for me on the scholarship end, but at least you're not openly antagonistic. BOL is an utter and total moral disaster, who does nothing for your faith but drive people away from it, and this new member does nothing but antagonize, as if that's somehow going to win thinking and considerate people over.

So how is it that you think I would condone that behavior out of anyone, regardless of what they believe? You think I would condone them making what I believe look bad? You're mistaken. I wouldn't condone it in the least, so why are you?