Where does the Bible say...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I have never heard that term before. That term leads me to one big question: When does this "progressive revelation" end?

That question isn't necessarily for you to answer; just a question in my head.

Martin Luther disagreed with The Church and modified some Church teachings. Another man agrees with a lot of Luther's doctrines but he is progressive and he disagrees with Luther on some teachings. A student of that man disagrees with him etc etc for the next 500 year? 700 years? 1,000 years? When does it end and who is right?
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: (Ephesians 4:11-15)​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you quoted all of my post....instead of the 6 words you quoted.... you would see the "prevailing point".....
11 words with punctuation (period) to be precise, not "6 words", as understated by yourself. The sentence was also quoted in its own full context.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible say the Bible is the final authority?
"Keys" are used to unlock or open something. Usually the keys are used to get into something. The "KEYS" Jesus gave to Peter were "WORDS" by which people were to enter the church and be saved (Acts 2:38,47 ; 11:14). Sadly many people have used the wrong words to try and save people.

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the "keys" of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Ac 11:14 Who shall tell thee "words", whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

The "keys" were actually "words".

We see the correct words of salvation in (Acts 2:38,42,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34 ; 22:16) (Mark 16:16) (Rom. 6:3-6,16-18)

Speak as the oracles of God. (1Peter 4:11)

Do not think above what is written (1Cor.4:6)

Thanks

Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Reactions: ReChoired

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I've heard this interpretation before and I remain unconvinced. Mental gymnastics is not my thing. I prefer simple, plain reading to sophistry.

Christ was establishing the new covenant Passover and the Passover was a perpetual sacrifice

1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ was establishing the new covenant Passover and the Passover was a perpetual sacrifice

1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Figurative. Passover has been replaced by communion.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can you have communion the body and blood of Christ without a priesthood offering the sacrifice of Christ?
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Hebrews 9:28)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Hebrews 9:28)

offered once on the cross as a bloody sacrifice, but the same sacrifice is continued to be offered in an unbloody sacrifice for all!

the sacrifice must be offered to obtain the merits of the sacrifice and the body and blood of Christ for holy communion

Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering:(unbloody sacrifice) for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith theLord of hosts.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
offered once on the cross as a bloody sacrifice, but the same sacrifice is continued to be offered in an unbloody sacrifice for all!

the sacrifice must be offered to obtain the merits of the sacrifice and the body and blood of Christ for holy communion
Two contradicting statements

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant church has always had a ministerial priesthood offering the propitiatory unbloody sacrifice of Christ !

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible for the one true church to teach error! For if that was the case then Christ would teach error and God cannot teach error

lk 10:16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

what you suggested is blasphemy!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible for the one true church to teach error! For if that was the case then Christ would teach error and God cannot teach error

lk 10:16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

what you suggested is blasphemy!
But I didn't suggest it, the apostle Paul did.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. (1 Corinthians 11:19)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I didn't suggest it, the apostle Paul did.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. (1 Corinthians 11:19)

that does not refer to the church or the apostles or their successors teaching error, those manifest are the church of the apostles

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that does not refer to the church or the apostles or their successors teaching error, those manifest are the church of the apostles
Then to whom does "you" refer? I thought that in the letters to the churches in Corinth, "you" referred to the churches in Corinth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Figure of speech that there will be those who teach error and false prophets but not of the household of faith not the church founded by Christ on petter the apostles and their successors

the church is

one:
Holy:
Catholic:
And apostolic:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia is not an historical source.
R I G H T....soooo when you used Wikipedia today and twice on December 6th and again on November 26th and 27th 2020 and Multiple times all the way back to November of 2019....I will just stop pointing out your hypocrisy. I didn’t even quote/source Wikipedia and YOU did.

Ugggg....I can’t communicate with dishonest people......

Keeping it real....Feeling sad for you....Praying for you....Mary