Where does the Pope get his authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are not adhering to Scripture.
Wow! A Catholic preaching about adhering to Scripture? Here's something that you might internalize to help temper your always condescending nastiness.
"Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished."
Proverbs 16:5 KJV

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You submit to the devil. You submit to someone whose teachings do not align with THE WORD of GOD. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Your authority changes with the times and leadership.

One day you will face judgement and you will know. Before then I pray that your eyes will be open so that you may repent.
Lol...Hold on kiddo!!! HOLD ON!! You are killing me here.....I can't stop laughing:jest:

YOU SAID, The Holy Spirit gives YOU revelation, conviction, correction, and confirmation and that YOU don't rely on man.

I then give you MULTIPLE passages from Scripture that DESTROYS your opinion and CLEARLY shows that you are not adhering to Scripture, and you accuse me of submitting to the devil???????????????????? :Laughingoutloud::jest::Laughingoutloud::jest:

And then @Adrift gives you a thumbs in support of you admitting you don't adhere to Scripture. The two of you crack me up! I am willing to bet that you and Adrift have had different messages from the Holy Spirit! Soooooo which one of you is really hearing the Truth when you hear the voice of the Spirit? Especially when you both get different messages from the Spirit on the same subject!!! Hmmmmmm........:IDK:

None the less.....Thanks for your prayers!;)

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! A Catholic preaching about adhering to Scripture? Here's something that you might internalize to help temper your always condescending nastiness.
"Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished."
Proverbs 16:5 KJV
Compared to you, a church of One, Pope over yourself!! Everyone should listen to YOU on what we must do to properly adhere to Scripture???? :IDK:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sayeth the cherry picker supreme.
You crack me up Adrift. I literally gave MULTIPLE passages from Scripture to back up what I say when others on here give one passage from Scripture to fit their belief. And you call me "cherry picker supreme"? What I have done is literally OPPOSITE of what you are accusing me of!!! :Laughingoutloud: :jest: :Laughingoutloud: :jest: :Laughingoutloud:

YOU on the other hand, according to my research, have not quoted Scripture ONCE to back up what you and I have discussed on this thread. You just give your opinion. Soooo I guess I can't accuse you of cherry picking Scripture since you don't quote Scripture.

Sooooooo once again your opinion is destroyed by little ol' Marymog!

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compared to you, a church of One, Pope over yourself!! Everyone should listen to YOU on what we must do to properly adhere to Scripture???? :IDK:
As I said many times, my salvation (and leader) is Christ. You delight in twisting comments into something evil. That says alot about you. You troll for opportunities to falsely discredit anyone you see as a threat to your perspectives. Your credibility might begin to take form if you were to drop to your knees and repent for praying to false idols.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your opinion is destroyed by little ol' Marymog!
At least you don't try to hide your evil objectives and sense of superiority. You think highly of yourself as the dragonslayer. I suggest that you drop to your knees and repent for being mean spirited and praying to false idols. That would at least be a start.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least you don't try to hide your evil objectives and sense of superiority. You think highly of yourself as the dragonslayer. I suggest that you drop to your knees and repent for being mean spirited and praying to false idols. That would at least be a start.
False prophet slayer....

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only voice Marymog knows is that of the enemy. I am not going to response to this child of the devil anymore.

I have Jesus and won't waste time with demons.

Reactions: Adrift

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Based on your (illogical) theory one can deduce that since your Protestant forefathers killed other Protestants AND Catholics, I guess YOU have no love for one another, let alone anyone else. ;)

Also, it appears you don't even know your own Protestant history. Actually, you don't care. ;)You only care to attack The Church and turn a blind eye to your forefathers aggressions and pacts with the devil.

The early Protestants and Islam established a sense of mutual tolerance and understanding, despite theological differences, considering each other to be closer to one another than to Catholicism.

The Ottoman Empire supported the early Protestant churches and contributed to their survival in dire times.

Luther regarded the Ottomans as allies against the papacy, considering them the "rod of God's wrath against Europe's sins."

The allegiances of the Ottoman Empire and threat of Ottoman expansion in Eastern Europe pressured King Charles 5th to sign the Peace of Nuremberg with the Protestant princes, accept the Peace of Passau, and the Peace of Augsburg, formally recognizing Protestantism in Germany and ending military threats to their existence.

Your saint, Martin Luther, views of Islam were mild when compared to his aggressive speech against Catholicism (and later Judaism).

But hey......Brakelite is only here to point out Catholic abuses and ignore his own Protestant history.

Carry on brakelite.....Lets hear more attacks kiddo. :watching and waiting:
Guess what Mary. I'm well aware of Protestant history, and you do make some good points. Violence and war is evil regardless of who the protagonists are. I have written often in this very forum of the dangers inherent in the present Protestant ambitions in America, and Bible prophecy is very revealing regarding the future of that nation.
However. The reasons for my pointing out the historical transgressions of Rome as opposed to other communions, is that the others, at least presently, aren't boasting that they are the only one true church and have complete authority over all other churches, and claim that even governments in some countries ought to submit to that same authority.
Now those posts I have written over the past 8 years or so, express my very serious concern about the Protestant agenda to form a union with the state to implement a religious neo theocracy, and a part of that agenda is to coerce the nation to surrender to Papal authority in doctrinal matters. Behind much of current Protestant political ambitions are Jesuit trained ministers and politicians. And there are many. So my posts and objections extend to far greater considerations than some random debate on whose church is best, but authority? Now that's the very crux of the issue. And believe me, neither ism is worthy of having authority over any of us. Not just because of the abhorrent failings of the past, but also the ambitious power hungry agenda of the near future of both Catholicism and Protestantism. Ecumenism is a grand fake front, and a modern Babel-Babylon to help implement a global union of church and state...some of the issues we talk about here are really minor and irrelevant unless we include the context of Bible prophecy, which doesn't speak well of either.
I call myself a Protestant yes, principally because the reformation isn't finished. It stalled. The actual protesting stopped. The scriptures ceased to be upheld as the foundation of faith. My allegiances aren't to any individual church system that is willing to use politics, force, war, persecution, deception, in order to gain power and privilege. Such methods are utterly contradictory to biblical principles. Why do I point out Catholic failings? Because Catholics need to front up to them, and recognise their institutional history is testament to its identity as biblically and prophetically an institution that is unworthy of their attention. "Come out of her My people" is what Jesus is saying to His people who are locked into both systems. Nothing will hurt you to come out if you sincerely love Jesus. In fact the opposite. Knowing and loving Jesus and having the faith to believe "all things work together for good to them that love God and who are the called according to His purpose", trusting in the blood of the Lamb for your salvation.

Be not dismayed whate’er betide,
God will take care of you;
Beneath his wings of love abide,
God will take care of you.

CHORUS:

God will take care of you,
Through every day, o’er all the way;
He will take care of you,

Through days of toil when heart doth fail,
When dangers fierce your path assail,

All you may need he will provide,
Nothing you ask will be denied,

No matter what may be the test,
Lean, weary one, upon his breast,

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will know them by their fruit.

What do you hope to gain in this thread?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope is a child of Satan just like the Pharisees (as Jesus pointed out several times). They want to be glorified and think they can make and change God's commands and standards/boundaries as they see fit.
thank you for your honestly . i can see you have a heart that desires good for the people and thus
you are warning folks to steer clear of the darkness and its men . THIS is rare in these days .
RIGHT you are , that man is total bad news .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Its not a sin to warn against those who do the works of darkness .
let us try reading again some of those letters from the apostles and look at what they called some men
who did such things . and man look at what JESUS called some of them .
Its not a sin to warn against this unholy darkness of the harlot mark . not at all .
not at all . these people are decieving souls mark . and thus we must warn
those trapped in it and also ensure that no others go into such a system . its not a sin to do that . its not a sin at all .
We cannot sit at the table of belial and of Christ , of darkness and light . the deceptoin is believing
we can . believing we can find common ground with soooth sayers and harlots . WE CANT .
and we must warn and do so out of great love for the peoples .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And believe me, neither ism is worthy of having authority over any of us.
Thanks for your OPINION. Here are 8 passages from Scripture that destroys your opinion:

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Remember them which have the rule over you, ........For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:.......Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers,.... Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you. So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed. Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine. And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem.

N
otice how I quoted Scripture to back up what I say? And you?:IDK: You continue to give your opinion to back up what you say. YOU verify what YOU say is true :woohoo!:

If you deny Scripture, you deny Christ.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
The fruits of The Church? Glad you asked: joy:

Largest religious charitable organization in the world! You Protestants are lagging.

There are 1.4 billion of us compared to less than a billion of you. Proof God is still winning after 2,000 years.

Consistent salvific biblical doctrine for 2,000 years compared to the Protestants who have dozens of different salvific doctrines that have changed since your leader, Martin Luther, started your Revolution.

The Church called on all able-bodied men to join the Crusades to push back the Muslims who were taking over the world and raping, killing women and children. If The Church hadn't done this, you would probably be under Islam rule today.......YOUR WELCOME!! ;)

Catholic hospitals comprise one quarter of world's healthcare which makes it the largest non-government provider of health care services in the world.

Staunchly pro-life where in your Protestant brothers and sisters are pro-abortion!

Staunchly pro-marriage between 1 man and 1 woman. Some of your Protestant ilk support gay marriage.

Keeping it real with the facts instead of opinions............Mary

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fruits of The Church? Glad you asked:
Them, as in, you. Your contempt for others positively drips from your posts. You, as does everyone, you reveal yourself in your words.

Much love!

Last edited: