Where I Belong

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 9-15-22 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 18 5782 87th. Summer Day

Where I Belong
odb20220915.jpg

Read: Psalm 133 | Bible in a Year: Proverbs 22–24; 2 Corinthians 8
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! Psalm 133:1

At the end of a meal to mark Passover, a traditional Jewish holiday that celebrates and remembers the greatness of God’s saving work, church members expressed their joy by dancing together in a circle. Barry stood back, watching with a huge smile. He remarked how much he loved these occasions, saying, “This is my family now. This is my community. I’ve found somewhere where I know I can love and be loved . . . where I belong.”

In his childhood, Barry suffered cruel emotional and physical abuse, robbing him of his joy. But his local church welcomed him and introduced him to Jesus. Finding their unity and joy infectious, he began following Christ and felt loved and accepted.

In Psalm 133, King David used powerful images to illustrate the far-reaching effects of the “good and pleasant” unity of God’s people. He said it’s like someone who is anointed with precious oil, the liquid running down over their collar (v. 2). This anointing was common in the ancient world, sometimes as a greeting when one entered a home. David also compared this unity to the dew that falls on the mountain bringing life and blessing (v. 3).

Oil releases a fragrance that fills a room and dew brings moisture to dry places. Unity too has good and pleasant effects such as welcoming those who are alone. Let’s seek to be united in Christ so that God can bring about good through us.

When have you seen unity at work in your community? How could you reach out to someone you don’t know at your church?

Jesus, help me to show Your love, not only to those I find easy to accept but also to those I find challenging.

INSIGHT

Psalm 133 is part of a collection of psalms called “Songs of Ascent” (Psalms 120–134) that were intended to be sung by Israelite pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem for the three high feast times of the year (Passover, Firstfruits, and Tabernacles). They bear this name because in Israel one always ascends, or goes up, to Jerusalem (both metaphorically and literally) to worship and celebrate God.

In Psalm 133, this sense of ascent or going up is answered by blessings coming down. Verses 2–3 describe oil running down from Aaron’s head and beard at his anointing as Israel’s first high priest and dew coming down from Mount Hermon. The headwaters of the Jordan River, the sole fresh-water source for Israel, are at the base of Mount Hermon. The final of three blessings is “life forevermore,” which comes down from God Himself.

By Amy Boucher Pye |September 15th, 2022

Church Life Psalm One Thirty Three:1-3

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Pearl

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
With Christians being unitarian, binitarian and trinitarian, how are we able to live together in unity?

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
With Christians being unitarian, binitarian and trinitarian, how are we able to live together in unity?

How do you live in unity ???????????

by not majoring in the Minors.

by not getting carried away with "doctrine's of devils"..

by keeping the main thing......the main thing.

God didnt save us so that we can follow John Calvin.
God didnt save us so that we can follow The book of Mormon.

Paul says to "be a follower of Him as He follows Christ".
So, do THAT.
Follow THAT.

IT really comes down to understanding.... '"God has saved me, and im going to heaven, so, how do i live my life so that it proves that all i want to do is LOVE GOD because He has given me everything""

Saint, reader.....look at your life.

Everything you have belongs to God. As you are bought with a price. And that Price is the Blood of Jesus.
You are "Blood bought".... You are under new ownership....You are not your own....>you belong to God ALMIGHTY, if your are born again.
This means that your mind, body, soul, spirit, thoughts, desires, and everything in your life is owned by God.

You have money? You have a house? You have a car? Food? A bed? Children?
Its all GOD's, and you get to us it and enjoy it and take care of it.
But its not yours, you are just the STEWARD of what God has provided for you.

How about...

= Tithing...
The reason its not working for you is because your understanding of it, is wrong.
Tithing is money. And your money belongs to GOD, who is allowing you to have some.
When you tithe, or give .... you are taking GOD's money and planting it into the spiritual realm, and God causes it to GROW in the natural realm.
You are actually giving it back to him....when you give .
He causes a RETURN on HIS OWN MONEY.... you could call it "spiritual return interest rate"" of .... "10-100 fold return"
This is INCREASE.
So, when you give, .. give understanding that you are putting GOD's money into the spiritual realm, and that is HIS Kingdom, and so, what you give to Him, He GROWS back to you.

And that is regarding anything you give..

Give Him your LIFE and stay committed, and watch GOD DO A WORK of Increase with you.

Give Him your babies, and your young Children, and stay dedicated and watch what He does with them.

He always INCREASES, as God is LIFE......so, that Life of God that is the Favor of God in your life is always going to bring back a return.

You can't outgive God.

Give cheerfully, or give because you feel the responsibility.
Just be sure to give.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How do you live in unity ???????????

by not majoring in the Minors.

by not getting carried away with "doctrine's of devils"..

by keeping the main thing......the main thing.

God didnt save us so that we can follow John Calvin.
God didnt save us so that we can follow The book of Mormon.

Paul says to "be a follower of Him as He follows Christ".
So, do THAT.
Follow THAT.

IT really comes down to understanding.... '"God has saved me, and im going to heaven, so, how do i live my life so that it proves that all i want to do is LOVE GOD because He has given me everything""

Saint, reader.....look at your life.

Everything you have belongs to God. As you are bought with a price. And that Price is the Blood of Jesus.
You are "Blood bought".... You are under new ownership....You are not your own....>you belong to God ALMIGHTY, if your are born again.
This means that your mind, body, soul, spirit, thoughts, desires, and everything in your life is owned by God.

You have money? You have a house? You have a car? Food? A bed? Children?
Its all GOD's, and you get to us it and enjoy it and take care of it.
But its not yours, you are just the STEWARD of what God has provided for you.

How about...

= Tithing...
The reason its not working for you is because your understanding of it, is wrong.
Tithing is money. And your money belongs to GOD, who is allowing you to have some.
When you tithe, or give .... you are taking GOD's money and planting it into the spiritual realm, and God causes it to GROW in the natural realm.
You are actually giving it back to him....when you give .
He causes a RETURN on HIS OWN MONEY.... you could call it "spiritual return interest rate"" of .... "10-100 fold return"
This is INCREASE.
So, when you give, .. give understanding that you are putting GOD's money into the spiritual realm, and that is HIS Kingdom, and so, what you give to Him, He GROWS back to you.

And that is regarding anything you give..

Give Him your LIFE and stay committed, and watch GOD DO A WORK of Increase with you.

Give Him your babies, and your young Children, and stay dedicated and watch what He does with them.

He always INCREASES, as God is LIFE......so, that Life of God that is the Favor of God in your life is always going to bring back a return.

You can't outgive God.

Give cheerfully, or give because you feel the responsibility.
Just be sure to give.

Generic God.

The minors: unitarian, binitarian, trinitarian.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a tough question brother. I was reading 1st Corinthians last night and wondered just how "being of the same mind" is even possible in todays thousands of sects. Makes me wonder if God again "repented of making man on the earth".

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is a tough question brother. I was reading 1st Corinthians last night and wondered just how "being of the same mind" is even possible in todays thousands of sects. Makes me wonder if God again "repented of making man on the earth".

It is a tough question. The early church was confronted with it.

There was unity and diversity in early Christianity. It was only after the Church finally decided in the 4th century what would be considered orthodox and enforced it that diversity within Christianity was virtually annihilated.

Eventually a backlash occurred - the Protestant Reformation. Once again, there was unity and diversity in Christianity, but certain rails of orthodoxy were not taken down. The backlash took Christianity back, but not all the way back.

Binitarianism and unitarianism fall outside the rails of orthodoxy.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don’t want to derail the thread so I’ll just mention in passing that there is also the Radical Reformation, which Catholics and the Protestant reformers vigorously opposed. It sought to take Christianity even further back than the 4th century.

If there is to be unity among trinitarians, binitarians and unitarians it won’t be unity that insists upon trinitarianism, or upon binitarianism, or upon unitarianism.

Unity will be accomplished by allowing and accepting diversity in Christianity. That’s what Christianity Board has done. That’s what Christianity Board has made possible.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a tough question. The early church was confronted with it.

There was unity and diversity in early Christianity. It was only after the Church finally decided in the 4th century what would be considered orthodox and enforced it that diversity within Christianity was virtually annihilated.

Eventually a backlash occurred - the Protestant Reformation. Once again, there was unity and diversity in Christianity, but certain rails of orthodoxy were not taken down. The backlash took Christianity back, but not all the way back.

Binitarianism and unitarianism fall outside the rails of orthodoxy.

I don't really see this unity spoken of until Jesus returns. The wheat and tares must grow together.
Boy has mankind skewed so much!