where in the bible does it say you can wear clothes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you say me it

Men's own idea that they were naked and need a covering as per...

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons." Gen 3:7

Apparently before their eyes were opened they did not know that they were naked or that it was wrong...

"And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?" Gen 3:10-11

Apparently God agreed that now they needed to be covered... but their own covering of fig leaves was inadequate...

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Gen 3:21

John the Baptist was as the forerunner of Jesus and baptized people in water showing them that they were to be covered completely, but it was still only a type of shadow of the real thing that was to come because of Jesus:

"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:5

The Holy Ghost is our real covering, which if not quenched will cover us against all of our adversaries. Consider Peter's words:

"And above all things have fervent charity [love] among yourselves: for charity [love] shall cover the multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

Real charity [Love] only comes to whosoever will by and through the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Azim

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?" Gen 3:10-11

In the context above, spiritually to be naked means to be under sin. Note what God had to say, "hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that shouldest not eat?"

This of course is the sin of disobedience.

Apparently God agreed that now they needed to be covered... but their own covering of fig leaves was inadequate...

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Gen 3:21

Note how the covering of fig leaves and God's coats of skins were inadequate covering for sins BECAUSE
it takes Jesus' robe of righteousness to become saved.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Azim and amadeus