Professed Believers - Thrown out of the Kingdom - Not Clothed Right - Warning from Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22​

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet​

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.
13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

• #7 <- The Choice

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22​

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.
13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

• #7 <- The Choice

“For many are called, but few are chosen.”

That had me mystified for years.

Here is more context....

Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away,
and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:13-14
First...

Hell is never called "outer darkness." Hell/Lake of Fire is located in the inner earth.

Not all who are chosen (saved) will serve with the Lord during the Millennium.
Only those who matured in Christ will sit with Him on a throne!

To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne,
just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Rev 3:21

Only those who "overcome" will be chosen to reign with Him!

Only a few will qualify. Many are saved/called, but only few will be chosen to reign with the Lord!

Those who are not chosen? They are saved/ called!

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called,
he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." Romans 8:30

The "called" are those who were saved by grace!

All the called will receive a resurrection body. Therefore, will be glorified!

But!!!! They called will be denied to reign with Christ! They will not reign with Him because they were not CHOSEN...
Not chosen, because they refused while being alive on earth to qualify. Disqualified by denying taking up their cross and denying them self when the Word of God demanded them to when showing correction to them.

Outer darkness?

That is what we simply call "outer space" that is above our earth.

Those believers who refuse to obey the Lord's corrections when they were given? ... Those who continued blindly (and stubbornly)
to promote erroneous dogma? Ideas that pleased their flesh? They will not be allowed to serve on earth during the Millennium.

Those ones will be placed on the outside above the earth to be looking in in from outer darkness surrounding the earth.
They will be agonized in deep emotional pain. "Weeping and gnashing of teeth." Punishment will be for for their willful
rejection of sound doctrinal teaching. A They will find themselves agonizing (weeping and gnashing of teeth) because at

that point they will have a undeniable realization of having hurt the Lord by their arrogant denying His Word.

And, for the not chosen saved? .. Being resurrected? That will leave them wanting only to please the Lord with all their heart.
Resulting in weeping and agonizing over what they failed to do while they were given the time to overcome in grace...
For they will now crave to serve and please the Lord, but be denied.

Those who now deny the Lord's Word, they shall be denied rewards that God so wanted to give. (1 Corinthians 3:11-15)

Outer darkness is not for the damned. Its for the disobedient believers.

For it says that the damned are to be sent to an inner darkness somewhere inside and below the earth.

grace and peace ...............

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing @GeneZ. My looking is to the very ending chapters of Revelation, to see that there are two places, one for those going inside of the gates entering into the heavenly city, one destination for those outside of the city who are considered by Johns descriptions of them.

Idk if people try to sneak in and get into the kingdom without the proper attire and that leaves them in shame and they are thrown back out if that is even possible… idk, but in that days there where people who crept in to take people away from Christ and take them back under the law and in the end decieve them, which is an offense to Yahava.

Thank you for your thoughts and adding your insights, I tend to believe God is gonna reward everyone in the end, good or bad with a resurrected body (spiritual), because of Jesus and hos victory in paying for their sins already. I could be wrong, all the best friend, keep encouraging and reading your bible and be fortified in faith and pray for all of us.

Reactions: GeneZ

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your thoughts and adding your insights, I tend to believe God is gonna reward everyone in the end, good or bad with a resurrected body (spiritual), because of Jesus and hos victory in paying for their sins already. I could be wrong, all the best friend, keep encouraging and reading your bible and be fortified in faith and pray for all of us.

Their reward will be a resurrection body and eternal life. Everyone who believes in Jesus is guaranteed that, no matter how bad they chose for in time.

Yet.. We need to take a look at 1 Corinthians 3:11-15.

Not everyone who is saved will receive rewards from the Lord.

But, it says even for those who forfeit rewards that all will be saved.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be
revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been
built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as
one escaping through the flames." 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

That reveals that we who are saved can not lose our salvation.

Yet, we can lose our rewards for clinging to false teachings...

grace and peace .......................

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their reward will be a resurrection body and eternal life. Everyone who believes in Jesus is guaranteed that, no matter how bad they chose for in time.

Yet.. We need to take a look at 1 Corinthians 3:11-15.

Not everyone who is saved will receive rewards from the Lord.

But, it says even for those who forfeit rewards that all will be saved.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be
revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been
built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as
one escaping through the flames." 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

That reveals that we who are saved can not lose our salvation.

Yet, we can lose our rewards for clinging to false teachings...

grace and peace .......................
Hello Genez,

I respect you and your interest. However I disagree with you. As stated previously, Revelation 21-22. Jesus also says there is a resurrection for the comdemned, and those of life. Thats all that is known; what a person builds up and what a person loses, I do not know. Yahava does and he is the reward giver based on what He knows. I do believe personally people can walk away from the Lord and lose salvation being detatched from the vine as a branch and burned. Going to Yahava is an every day choice not just once in a lifetime, saying a sinnerd prayer and then continue to not look in faith towards God. Jesus speaks in john 15 to his chosen disciples in that day, and in the parable of the sower of the seeds. So therefore I do disagree strongly with you on those matter but still encourage you to read your bible, and i do love you.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....... I tend to believe God is gonna reward everyone in the end, good or bad with a resurrected body (spiritual), because of Jesus and hos victory in paying for their sins already. ...................
Isn't this universalism?
Please show supporting scriptures?

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't this universalism?
Please show supporting scriptures?
Hello gpresdo,

While you may or may not decide to judge on whatever it is that is shared, my reference will always be looking at Revelation chapters 21, and 22. Because from there is where my understanding of people being outside of the kingdom or going inside of the kingdom comes from. Thank you.

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Genez,

I respect you and your interest. However I disagree with you. As stated previously, Revelation 21-22. Jesus also says there is a resurrection for the comdemned, and those of life. Thats all that is known; what a person builds up and what a person loses, I do not know. Yahava does and he is the reward giver based on what He knows. I do believe personally people can walk away from the Lord and lose salvation being detatched from the vine as a branch and burned. Going to Yahava is an every day choice not just once in a lifetime, saying a sinnerd prayer and then continue to not look in faith towards God. Jesus speaks in john 15 to his chosen disciples in that day, and in the parable of the sower of the seeds. So therefore I do disagree strongly with you on those matter but still encourage you to read your bible, and i do love you.
The resurrection of the condemned speaks of the unbeliever appearing before the Lord in a body.
A body that will be burned up when thrown into the Lake of Fire. Hence.. the "second death."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The resurrection of the condemned speaks of the unbeliever appearing before the Lord in a body.
A body that will be burned up when thrown into the Lake of Fire. Hence.. the "second death."
As stated prior, I do believe all will be resurrected and it looks to me like people live outside the kingdom. People say there is no second chance after death, but I disagree with them if it is possible while in their corrupted stated to coem to christ, I choose to faithfully believe that Yahava will have his will done, but only what part of them was good will remain. Thank you again for writing what you have there is still revelation 21 and 22 to partake in, all the best Genez.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22​

• #7 <- The Choice
In my short time here I can say, that parable would appear to uphold the doctrinal beliefs of those who are Calvinists here.

If anyone was able to enjoy the feast, attire would not be conditional to bring permitted to partake of the bounty at the hosts table.

The one chosen in that parable was he who was cast out, and bound hand and foot to suffer in the outer darkness.

Prior to that, the king had his servants go into the village and call to his feast all who were there.

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As stated prior, I do believe all will be resurrected and it looks to me like people live outside the kingdom. People say there is no second chance after death, but I disagree with them if it is possible while in their corrupted stated to come to christ, I choose to faithfully believe that Yahava will have his will done, but only what part of them was good will remain. Thank you again for writing what you have there is still revelation 21 and 22 to partake in, all the best Genez.
You're losing me with that one.....

And as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that to face judgment,
so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and he will appear a
second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.."
Hebrews 9:27-28

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're losing me with that one.....

And as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that to face judgment,
so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and he will appear a
second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.."
Hebrews 9:27-28
If you are interested in the study, @GeneZ, here is my own study; you can reject, disagree, or consider the information if you would like to. Why are faithless people claimed to be outside of the gates of the city in heaven?

Genez,

I am not gonna continue to entertain you. I already believe Jesus Christ came back.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my short time here I can say, that parable would appear to uphold the doctrinal beliefs of those who are Calvinists here.

If anyone was able to enjoy the feast, attire would not be conditional to bring permitted to partake of the bounty at the hosts table.

The one chosen in that parable was he who was cast out, and bound hand and foot to suffer in the outer darkness.

Prior to that, the king had his servants go into the village and call to his feast all who were there.

That seems to be quite the twist in my opinion, Blessedpeace, never heard that before.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I arrived at that observation reading the parable.
Oh. Did not know that. That would be something I personally would disagree with. :) May people choose to worship God in spirit and truth and be lead to the right way to see things when it comes to the parables of Yeshua. That is all I could ever ask for in the name of Jesus. Perhaps my interpretation is wrong.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. Did not know that. That would be something I personally would disagree with. :) May people choose to worship God in spirit and truth and be lead to the right way to see things when it comes to the parables of Yeshua. That is all I could ever ask for in the name of Jesus. Perhaps my interpretation is wrong.
Is the spirit and truth invested in ignoring what Yeshua said in the parable?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the spirit and truth invested in ignoring what Yeshua said in the parable?
Is there anything else you would like to say regarding the topic other than what has already been said? The previous message is to be one of encouragement, that all people pray, and seek to understand the parables of Yeshua, worshipping Yahava, in spirit and truth.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anything else you would like to say regarding the topic other than what has already been said? The previous message is to be one of encouragement, that all people pray, and seek to understand the parables of Yeshua, worshipping Yahava, in spirit and truth.
You seem to want to omit what is written in the parable you do not understand, as you implied earlier.

May God open your eyes so that you see what Jesus taught.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to want to omit what is written in the parable you do not understand, as you implied earlier.

May God open your eyes so that you see what Jesus taught.
Thank you so much, for participating, blessedpeace may you have a good night rest when you get there. Fixing some breakfast for the morning and gonna go probably rest for the remaining hours before work again. :) Take care!